Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land 23:56 - Mar 2 with 140866 viewsMuncher

I’ve been doing a bit of digging at HM Land Registry today and what I have seen backs up what Phil has previously mentioned and leads me to believe the takeover is well underway and likely just waiting EFL approval.

The Playford Road site (2 parcels of land) is the subject of a priority search in respect of an intended purchase by Gamechanger 20 Ltd which was lodged on 23 February by law firm Gateley PLC out of their Birmingham office (first instruction by that client).The Bent Lane site is subject to a similar priority search in respect of part of the site only, meaning the Evans group company is retaining part of it.

A priority search is carried out by solicitors to preserve their place in the queue of potential applications for dealing, it confers a priority period of about 45 days. It is a matter of public record and available to view by professionals who have the requisite portal account. It is typically only done in the immediate anticipation of completing a transaction, it can be done slightly ahead of this, but usually is done on the day of exchange of contracts. I’m a commercial property solicitor so carry out these searches on a regular basis. My best guess (based on the timing of the search) is Evans likely entered into a conditional contract last Tuesday for the sale of the land (and club). You would not carry out such a search unless a deal including the detail had either been agreed or was extremely close. The reason such searches are not carried out lightly is because it prevents the proprietor from entering into other transactions while the priority is lodged. If a deal is not happening you should cancel the search, but all 3 remain in place.

There is no corresponding priority search in respect of the stadium lease and I would not expect there to be as the lease is owned by the club as tenant and I would expect Gamechanger 20 Ltd is acquiring the existing share capital owned by Evans.

I am happy to share screenshots if anyone would like to see, but the searches are in relation to the Playford Road site (title number SK219236 & SK203140) and the bent lane site (SK200320) they appear under the “application enquiry” tab.

EDIT:

I have now have a placed a brief article on my firm's website here discussing it:

https://prettys.co.uk/news/takeover-ipswich-town-football-club-could-be-progress

[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 12:59]
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:45 - Mar 12 with 4952 viewsHerbivore

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:15 - Mar 12 by BlueWorldOrder

Really worrying now.

No it's not.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:50 - Mar 12 with 4920 viewsfooters

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:45 - Mar 12 by Herbivore

No it's not.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:59 - Mar 12 with 4726 viewsMuncher

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 11:15 - Mar 12 by BlueWorldOrder

Really worrying now.

Every day that we don't hear anything is a good sign in my view.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:17 - Mar 12 with 4643 viewsNthQldITFC

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 12:59 - Mar 12 by Muncher

Every day that we don't hear anything is a good sign in my view.

Yes, but only up until the day when we do hear something!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:38 - Mar 12 with 4566 viewsSouperJim

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 17:03 - Mar 11 by Kieran_Knows

Do you honestly think this takeover just appeared a couple of weeks back and that was the start of it?

From Evans statement on 3rd March: "a number of those with historic interest come back from time to time".

I think this group have had a long standing interest in us, it's only going over the line now because of how low we've slumped, plus the negative impact covid has had on Evans wider business.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:20 - Mar 12 with 4421 viewsArnieM

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:38 - Mar 12 by SouperJim

From Evans statement on 3rd March: "a number of those with historic interest come back from time to time".

I think this group have had a long standing interest in us, it's only going over the line now because of how low we've slumped, plus the negative impact covid has had on Evans wider business.

I’d suggest that latter pint is the pivotal one. I said a couple of months ago , that Evans world wide empire has taken a massive hit in this pandemic, and if he didn’t sell up now , he never would,

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:24 - Mar 12 with 4389 viewsBlueWorldOrder

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 13:38 - Mar 12 by SouperJim

Nobody has named this group as the one he was talking about. Evans said in simple terms that bids were a part of the natural business of running the club. Until we start seeing more concrete evidence I think it's just paper talk.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:26 - Mar 12 with 4392 viewshype313

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:24 - Mar 12 by BlueWorldOrder

Nobody has named this group as the one he was talking about. Evans said in simple terms that bids were a part of the natural business of running the club. Until we start seeing more concrete evidence I think it's just paper talk.

Paper talk?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:27 - Mar 12 with 4375 viewsCoastalblue

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:20 - Mar 12 by ArnieM

I’d suggest that latter pint is the pivotal one. I said a couple of months ago , that Evans world wide empire has taken a massive hit in this pandemic, and if he didn’t sell up now , he never would,

It hasn't though, people keep saying this and it's not an unreasonable assumption to make, but it's not the case, he's actually had a very good pandemic and grown market share across a number of areas.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:30 - Mar 12 with 4352 viewshype313

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:27 - Mar 12 by Coastalblue

It hasn't though, people keep saying this and it's not an unreasonable assumption to make, but it's not the case, he's actually had a very good pandemic and grown market share across a number of areas.

I think it's more down to the fact that he's wanted to sell for a while and whilst he had offers, he wasn't happy with the type of owner, seems like this US based consortium is something he's comfortable with add in the fact that he's probably thinking after 14 years of getting nowhere, he's just had enough.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:31 - Mar 12 with 4340 viewsjeera

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:26 - Mar 12 by hype313

Paper talk?

Bit like pillow talk but less comfortable.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:37 - Mar 12 with 4311 viewsportmanking

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:24 - Mar 12 by BlueWorldOrder

You're growing VERY tedious. This whole thread is based on information that's concrete evidence rather than paper talk, FFS.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:40 - Mar 12 with 4298 viewsSomethingBlue

"Paper talk" is, in this case, people doing their jobs to find out what is true and serve it to everyone else.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:42 - Mar 12 with 4276 viewsjeera

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:37 - Mar 12 by portmanking

You're growing VERY tedious. This whole thread is based on information that's concrete evidence rather than paper talk, FFS.

There's a couple of 'new' posters been pushing an agenda and yes, it is tiresome.

Why they think being repetitive is somehow trolling the board I don't know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:56 - Mar 12 with 4231 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:37 - Mar 12 by portmanking

1. There's something in it. That is clear.

2. Even when there is something in it, most takeovers of football clubs don't happen.

3. Johnson's approach seen elsewhere will require a huge amount of buy-in from the Council (as landlords at PR, owners of major pieces of nearby land (car park) and as the planning authority) and, possibly, the Government (he talked about tax incentives with the Rhode Island plans). These will take time.

There's something in it, but the sums have to add up for Johnson (and his slate of investors), Evans and the Council. If it doesn't add up for any one of those then it won't happen.

But it might.

But it might not.

Anyone stating anything more firmly than that in either direction is speculating.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:07 - Mar 12 with 4149 viewsabracaDOBRA_

If you think its just paper talk why do you continue to post about it on here?

If you don't believe it then why worry yourself?
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:07 - Mar 12 with 4154 viewsportmanking

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 14:56 - Mar 12 by ArnoldMoorhen

1. There's something in it. That is clear.

2. Even when there is something in it, most takeovers of football clubs don't happen.

3. Johnson's approach seen elsewhere will require a huge amount of buy-in from the Council (as landlords at PR, owners of major pieces of nearby land (car park) and as the planning authority) and, possibly, the Government (he talked about tax incentives with the Rhode Island plans). These will take time.

There's something in it, but the sums have to add up for Johnson (and his slate of investors), Evans and the Council. If it doesn't add up for any one of those then it won't happen.

But it might.

But it might not.

Anyone stating anything more firmly than that in either direction is speculating.

Have you actually read any of this thread or even the original post?

For the priority searches to be made, a deal would have to be all but done or even contracts exchanged. There's not just 'something in it', this is a deal that's undoubtedly progressed to the point where numbers have already been agreed.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:29 - Mar 12 with 4088 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:07 - Mar 12 by portmanking

Have you actually read any of this thread or even the original post?

For the priority searches to be made, a deal would have to be all but done or even contracts exchanged. There's not just 'something in it', this is a deal that's undoubtedly progressed to the point where numbers have already been agreed.

Yes. I have. All of it.

It's much cheaper for the American consortium to do all their research in advance. This isn't a normal deal, and these aren't normal times. The fees involved in doing these searches are negligible for a deal of this size.

If I am right, it won't happen in the next month. If you are right it will.

I'm excited by Johnson's approach, and think it could make a huge difference to the town, and put the club right at the heart of the community. I really want it to happen. There are people on this thread who have said that they are neuro-divergent and are struggling with the uncertainty. I'm trying to reassure them that it is normal for this to take a while.

I'd be delighted to be wrong.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:46 - Mar 12 with 4038 viewsportmanking

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:29 - Mar 12 by ArnoldMoorhen

Yes. I have. All of it.

It's much cheaper for the American consortium to do all their research in advance. This isn't a normal deal, and these aren't normal times. The fees involved in doing these searches are negligible for a deal of this size.

If I am right, it won't happen in the next month. If you are right it will.

I'm excited by Johnson's approach, and think it could make a huge difference to the town, and put the club right at the heart of the community. I really want it to happen. There are people on this thread who have said that they are neuro-divergent and are struggling with the uncertainty. I'm trying to reassure them that it is normal for this to take a while.

I'd be delighted to be wrong.

For crying out loud. We've had professional conveyancers on this thread stating that priority searches are ONLY carried out on (or as close as possible) to exchange of contracts. A priority search is not 'research in advance', it's safeguarding their upcoming investment.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 16:18 - Mar 12 with 3928 viewsSpruceMoose

Perhaps you could think it's just paper talk more quietly?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 16:24 - Mar 12 with 3903 viewsMuncher

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:46 - Mar 12 by portmanking

For crying out loud. We've had professional conveyancers on this thread stating that priority searches are ONLY carried out on (or as close as possible) to exchange of contracts. A priority search is not 'research in advance', it's safeguarding their upcoming investment.

This. A priority search isn't research, it's not something I would even report to the client in my report. It's a protectve mechanism.
The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 16:54 - Mar 12 with 3777 viewsCoastalblue

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 15:46 - Mar 12 by portmanking

Yeah but, I think something different, I'm allowed to have an opinion regardless of facts.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 18:01 - Mar 12 with 3612 viewsBLUEBEAT

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 16:54 - Mar 12 by Coastalblue

Yeah but, I think something different, I'm allowed to have an opinion regardless of facts.

#TWTD4LIFE

Poll: W or W

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 22:06 - Mar 12 with 3320 viewsArnieM

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 16:18 - Mar 12 by SpruceMoose

Perhaps you could think it's just paper talk more quietly?

Lol 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The takeover by Gamechanger 20 Ltd - The training ground land on 08:14 - Mar 13 with 3056 viewsMuncher

Still there...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024