Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As if things weren't serious enough... 13:22 - Mar 10 with 3069 viewsbluelagos

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:49 - Mar 10 with 699 viewsBlueandTruesince82

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:41 - Mar 10 by mrshallisfit

Yep. I was at Keele Uni in the early 90s and I remember most November days being foggy cold and bleak.

If you drive 20 mins in any direction from Stoke the weather gets better.

Dunno if its still there, bet it isn't but should show some love for Harry's barin Stoke town. One of the world's best dive bars

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

As if things weren't serious enough... on 15:02 - Mar 10 with 683 viewsfactual_blue

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:49 - Mar 10 by BlueandTruesince82

Dunno if its still there, bet it isn't but should show some love for Harry's barin Stoke town. One of the world's best dive bars

If you drive 20 mins in any direction from Stoke everything gets better.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

As if things weren't serious enough... on 15:29 - Mar 10 with 667 viewsBlueandTruesince82

As if things weren't serious enough... on 15:02 - Mar 10 by factual_blue

If you drive 20 mins in any direction from Stoke everything gets better.

Not everything.

You'll not get better pikelets anywhwre else.

Everthing else will get better though yes.

As if things weren't serious enough... on 15:31 - Mar 10 with 665 viewshoppy

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:34 - Mar 10 by StokieBlue

I have passed through it long enough to have an incredibly poor Italian meal in what is a pretty run-down town. Not entirely their fault given the industry it was built on is gone but I won't be returning anytime soon.

SB

So that's not the same Stoke part of StokieBlue then?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

As if things weren't serious enough... on 15:47 - Mar 10 with 654 viewsSwansea_Blue

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:28 - Mar 10 by bluelagos

I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever been to Stoke, other than to see the footie?

Yes!

Ah sorry, no. It was to see the footie.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As if things weren't serious enough... on 18:02 - Mar 10 with 635 viewsPendejo

I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever been to Stoke, other than to see the footie?

When Manchester based Stoke was part of my patch... Stretched Carlisle to Stafford, Anglesey to Littleborough.

Used to visit various companies around the area.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

As if things weren't serious enough... on 10:41 - Mar 11 with 585 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:55 - Mar 10 by bluelagos

It's "The potteries" and there are 6 towns that make, it of which Stoke is one.

Burslem (Where Port Vale play) Newcastle, Hanley, Stoke plus 2 others I can't recall.

Edit: Google say it's Burslem, Fenton, Hanley, Longton, Stoke-upon-Trent and Tunstall.

No Newcastle under lyme - but it is defo near by.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 13:58]

Yep, that’s it

Newcastle-under-Lyme is indeed close by, as we also headed that way one evening

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:56 - Mar 11 with 561 viewsADStephenson

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:49 - Mar 10 by BlueandTruesince82

I also went to uni in Stoke, and despite only ever really going into Hanley and Newcastle on nights out, I did venture into Harry's a few times, mostly after sports presentation nights. Sadly, I literally remember nothing about it...

www.adstephenson.com

Login to get fewer ads

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:06 - Mar 11 with 546 viewsBlueandTruesince82

As if things weren't serious enough... on 13:56 - Mar 11 by ADStephenson

I also went to uni in Stoke, and despite only ever really going into Hanley and Newcastle on nights out, I did venture into Harry's a few times, mostly after sports presentation nights. Sadly, I literally remember nothing about it...

When we're you there? We're you at Staffs or Keele?

Harry's on Weds night after everywhere else kicked out... you could rave to stupid o'clock. Get kicked out of the union at midnight and on to HB for the aftermath.

At the more shocking end was Valentinos.... not really anywhere near anything else and Chicago's...awful nights

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:18 - Mar 11 with 539 viewsWeWereZombies

I married into the place so was there quite often in the 1980s and 1990s, never returned post divorce though.

The Gladstone Pottery Museum is excellent...as pottery museums go

https://www.stokemuseums.org.uk/gpm/

And there is an original RW388 Spitfire (designer Reginald Mitchell was local...ish) soon to be on display again:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/glass-gallery-stoke-tre

Um, that's about it.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:33 - Mar 11 with 526 viewsADStephenson

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:06 - Mar 11 by BlueandTruesince82

When we're you there? We're you at Staffs or Keele?

Harry's on Weds night after everywhere else kicked out... you could rave to stupid o'clock. Get kicked out of the union at midnight and on to HB for the aftermath.

At the more shocking end was Valentinos.... not really anywhere near anything else and Chicago's...awful nights

2005 to 2008 at Staffs. Used to go into Stoke to buy crockery seconds from the Spode shop and that was about it... Most nights were Revs and Liquid in Hanley or the LRV. Terrible but glorious times.

www.adstephenson.com

As if things weren't serious enough... on 15:17 - Mar 11 with 516 viewsBlueandTruesince82

As if things weren't serious enough... on 14:33 - Mar 11 by ADStephenson

2005 to 2008 at Staffs. Used to go into Stoke to buy crockery seconds from the Spode shop and that was about it... Most nights were Revs and Liquid in Hanley or the LRV. Terrible but glorious times.

I was 2000 to 2006 but that was with a couple of years working up there in the workbank based in the Uni library. TBF I had a great time at uni even of stoke is an utter hole.... some massive benders in LRV and the ember lounge over those years....or all day drinking in the terrace watching the cricket.

Good times

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024