Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daniel Sloss nailing it... 15:29 - Mar 11 with 6548 viewsmonytowbray

This doing the rounds today for all the obvious reasons.

Worth remembering individuals not being part of the problem is not really doing enough to fix the problem either.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 15:35]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:07 - Mar 11 with 606 viewsfactual_blue

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 17:06 - Mar 11 by jeera

"I've also seen a few practical tips on making women feel safer, like if you are walking behind a woman at night cross to the other side of the road."

I find it incredible that anyone would need to be told this.

It's something I have always done and become very self-conscious if I'm walking behind a woman. I'll cross the road or just drop back if that's not possible. If passing them then give a wide berth.

Same as going into a room with a female I don't know. Just stand the far side of the room and allow them the immediate access to the door. It shouldn't be complicated really.

To be brutally honest, most people cross the road when they see me.

I know I do.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:08 - Mar 11 with 600 views26_Paz

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:03 - Mar 11 by SpruceMoose

Oh that's ok then...

So, just to clarify, when you said in this very thread that 'everyone' deserves respect, you didn't actually mean everyone. Just the people you approve of.

At least you admit to it this time.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 18:04]

No, treat everyone with respect as a baseline. That doesn’t mean you can not criticise somebody for doing something specific that you disapprove of.

The Paz Man

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:09 - Mar 11 with 590 viewsJ2BLUE

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:08 - Mar 11 by 26_Paz

No, treat everyone with respect as a baseline. That doesn’t mean you can not criticise somebody for doing something specific that you disapprove of.

Like Boris for using inappropriate language?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:10 - Mar 11 with 587 viewsSpruceMoose

Please explain how 'bitch' is a well thought out critique.

You're tying yourself in knots here.

Paz: Please treat everyone with respect.
Also Paz: Bitch.

Think you need to go away and have a bit of a think about your attitude young man as it sounds like you're part of the problem when it comes to toxic masculinity.

Which comes as no surprise whatsoever.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:14 - Mar 11 with 574 viewsSpruceMoose

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:09 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

Like Boris for using inappropriate language?

Or Paz for cheering him on.

Going by Paz's own words I'd be well within my rights to call him a leaky knobhole, seeing as I don't approve of his behaviour.

If I did that however, I suspect he'd be very upset and accuse me of bullying him.

It must be very confusing to be a Paz.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:29 - Mar 11 with 528 viewsDanny_G

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 17:42 - Mar 11 by bluelagos

I understand that these cases often come down to a "He said - she said" making prosecutions difficult.

But here's a thought. Just as a court will now discuss the accuser (rape victim's) sexual history - how about if the defense goes down that route then the alleged rapist should also have his sexual history put out there?

Why should she be effectively put on trial when he is the one being charged?

Am no expert on the ins/outs but there has to be ways to raise the current conviction rates far closer to other serious crimes.

As a point of information, it is very rare that a victim’s sexual history will be brought up in a rape trial. It can only happen under a very specific set of circumstances. More information here under point 6 https://thesecretbarrister.com/2016/10/14/10-myths-busted-about-the-ched-evans-c
Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:31 - Mar 11 with 517 views26_Paz

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:10 - Mar 11 by SpruceMoose

Please explain how 'bitch' is a well thought out critique.

You're tying yourself in knots here.

Paz: Please treat everyone with respect.
Also Paz: Bitch.

Think you need to go away and have a bit of a think about your attitude young man as it sounds like you're part of the problem when it comes to toxic masculinity.

Which comes as no surprise whatsoever.

I have never called anyone that and would challenge you to provide an example where I have

The Paz Man

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:32 - Mar 11 with 514 views26_Paz

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:14 - Mar 11 by SpruceMoose

Going by Paz's own words I'd be well within my rights to call him a leaky knobhole, seeing as I don't approve of his behaviour.

If I did that however, I suspect he'd be very upset and accuse me of bullying him.

More vile abuse.

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:33 - Mar 11 with 513 viewsSpruceMoose

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:32 - Mar 11 by 26_Paz

More vile abuse.

Chin up. I'm just criticising you for doing something specific that I disapprove of.

You said that was fine a minute ago!

Have you changed your mind?

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:34 - Mar 11 with 504 viewsjaykay

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 16:12 - Mar 11 by bluelagos

I think the first thing is challenging sexism/misogyny. We hear it, we hear it a lot, but how often does it get challenged? By you? By me? By any of us?

If a racist comment is made on here, people quite rightly call it out, people back up those calling it out and the racist poster knows damn well it is not welcome here. Pretty much 100% of the time.

But if a sexist post is made? We largely do and say sfa. Is that good enough? Is it good enough for young impressionable posters to feel misogynistic views/attitudes are ok? Cos I am guessing that rapists etc. aren't exactly all that up on women's rights.

So maybe it's as simple as that to start with, recognising that those people who are violent towards women are almost certainly sexist pricks. Sexist pricks who feel emboldened and empowered by being a sexist prick and not being called out for it...
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 16:13]

i think callis or dollers not sure which one, pulled up someone on a sexist post once. for their troubles they got told , stop being a big fanny. that reply received several uppies

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:34 - Mar 11 with 508 viewsSpruceMoose

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:31 - Mar 11 by 26_Paz

I have never called anyone that and would challenge you to provide an example where I have

Ah the cowards defence.

"I didn't say it, I just cheered when my mate did"

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:36 - Mar 11 with 503 viewsSpruceMoose

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:34 - Mar 11 by jaykay

i think callis or dollers not sure which one, pulled up someone on a sexist post once. for their troubles they got told , stop being a big fanny. that reply received several uppies

It's happened to multiple posters on here. The Arsene Wenger Effect is in full swing though. Some never saw anything!
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 18:38]

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:52 - Mar 11 with 472 viewsBlueBadger

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:00 - Mar 11 by 26_Paz

A specific woman, not women in general.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 18:01]

So, there's terms and conditions to 'treat everyone with respect' then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:54 - Mar 11 with 468 viewsBlueBadger

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:31 - Mar 11 by 26_Paz

Ah, the Sitters 'I don't got to football with them, I just sit with them' defence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:56 - Mar 11 with 463 viewsSpruceMoose

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:52 - Mar 11 by BlueBadger

So, there's terms and conditions to 'treat everyone with respect' then?

Basically only Paz can say what he likes, and only Paz can cheer for anyone else using abusive terms with gay abandon.

Bumboy, Pickaninnie, Bitch - all good if it Paz or Paz's mates saying it.

However, if I say that his IQ score wouldn't even make a respectable earthquake it's all "WOAH THERE ABUSE! BULLYING! A SQUIRREL!"

He's one mixed up sausage.

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:57 - Mar 11 with 457 viewsSpruceMoose

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:14 - Mar 11 by SpruceMoose

Paz, if it was you who reported this for abuse, you're actually a comedy genius!

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:02 - Mar 11 with 441 viewsBlueBadger

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 17:23 - Mar 11 by BlueBadger

...and also who in this thread ran up a em-pager defending the usage of said terms.

If you're wondering who it was who defended said abusive terms, they're chucking out downvotes...

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:06 - Mar 11 with 435 views26_Paz

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 18:57 - Mar 11 by SpruceMoose

Paz, if it was you who reported this for abuse, you're actually a comedy genius!

It wasn’t me who reported it although it’s clearly an abusive post so I am not surprised that somebody has.

The Paz Man

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:21 - Mar 11 with 420 viewsBlueBadger

So, why didn't you downvote the poster using the offensive term then? Given your whole stance on 'respect as a baseline'?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 19:23]

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:24 - Mar 11 with 411 views26_Paz

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:21 - Mar 11 by BlueBadger

So, why didn't you downvote the poster using the offensive term then? Given your whole stance on 'respect as a baseline'?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 19:23]

What offensive term are you talking about here please?

The Paz Man

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:27 - Mar 11 with 407 viewsBlueBadger

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:24 - Mar 11 by 26_Paz

What offensive term are you talking about here please?

Daniel Sloss nailing it... by SpruceMoose 11 Mar 2021 17:12
Hypocrite.

You were upvoting posts calling women bitches the other day.

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:30 - Mar 11 with 401 viewsSpruceMoose

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:27 - Mar 11 by BlueBadger

Daniel Sloss nailing it... by SpruceMoose 11 Mar 2021 17:12
Hypocrite.

You were upvoting posts calling women bitches the other day.

An excellent question!

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:33 - Mar 11 with 394 viewsSpruceMoose

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:06 - Mar 11 by 26_Paz

It wasn’t me who reported it although it’s clearly an abusive post so I am not surprised that somebody has.

No it wasn't. I used it as an example. I didn't actually apply it to you.

It's not like I upvoted a post calling women bitches or anything!

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:36 - Mar 11 with 388 viewsBlueBadger

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:33 - Mar 11 by SpruceMoose

*whispers*

Just call him a 'bum boy'. He's cool with that.

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:44 - Mar 11 with 371 views26_Paz

Daniel Sloss nailing it... on 19:33 - Mar 11 by SpruceMoose

As I said, wasn’t me who reported it. Somebody obviously finds that language distasteful which I can easily understand

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024