Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Based on Cotter being released 09:00 - Mar 23 with 4108 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I think the following will also be released.

Skuse
Chambers - But with Testimonial
Ward
Sears
Przybek
Morris
Clements
Z Brown
K Brown
Hughes
Wright
Huws
Drinan

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Based on Cotter being released on 17:00 - Mar 23 with 913 viewsdirtyboy

Based on Cotter being released on 15:47 - Mar 23 by jayessess

6th best (7th if it's goals per game)

The target is top 2 though, isn't it? I don't think the question is "are the defence the worst part of the team", it's "would any of these be playing centre back for the best team in the league" or "is this the best we could get for our budget?"

Fair comment, but again

Chambers, Nsiala, Wilson, Ward/Kenlock
or
McGuinnesss and Woolfenden

None of those combinations have been great and yet we've been above average.

I hope that KVY and a different LB changes that back four.

If one or two of Wilson, Chambers, Woolfenden or Nsiala leaves, that's fine, but I think the remaining three can do a job for top two.

Just think back to those early season calamaties playing out from the back!

The LB position needs to be filled and I would not be surprised to see a new central defender arrive, but not at the expense of three leaving, just the one.
Based on Cotter being released on 17:39 - Mar 23 with 893 viewsEireannach_gorm

Based on Cotter being released on 14:10 - Mar 23 by JammyDodgerrr

If KVY is fit, Chambers plays at centre half. He won't play every game but we would be silly to let him(or Wilson for that matter) leave, especially if we are in League one.

If we had any forward planning we would give Chambers another season at CB to school Woolfenden and Ndaba with a view to phase him out ( something we should have done this season). Wilson is a steady if limited player so we should consider keeping him. Never been too convinced about Nsiala's worth but he is playing a bit steadier at he moment so hard to say which way to go with him. Ndaba asset is that he is left footed. Our strategy should be to have two youngsters and two experienced CB's in the squad ( not coaching other teams players ).
Based on Cotter being released on 17:43 - Mar 23 with 888 viewsgordon

Based on Cotter being released on 17:39 - Mar 23 by Eireannach_gorm

If we had any forward planning we would give Chambers another season at CB to school Woolfenden and Ndaba with a view to phase him out ( something we should have done this season). Wilson is a steady if limited player so we should consider keeping him. Never been too convinced about Nsiala's worth but he is playing a bit steadier at he moment so hard to say which way to go with him. Ndaba asset is that he is left footed. Our strategy should be to have two youngsters and two experienced CB's in the squad ( not coaching other teams players ).

Ndaba is doing really well at Ayr by all accounts, was in the league team of the week a weekend or two ago.
Based on Cotter being released on 18:14 - Mar 23 with 872 viewsjayessess

Based on Cotter being released on 17:00 - Mar 23 by dirtyboy

Fair comment, but again

Chambers, Nsiala, Wilson, Ward/Kenlock
or
McGuinnesss and Woolfenden

None of those combinations have been great and yet we've been above average.

I hope that KVY and a different LB changes that back four.

If one or two of Wilson, Chambers, Woolfenden or Nsiala leaves, that's fine, but I think the remaining three can do a job for top two.

Just think back to those early season calamaties playing out from the back!

The LB position needs to be filled and I would not be surprised to see a new central defender arrive, but not at the expense of three leaving, just the one.

Like I say it's keeping all 3 that's unambitious for me. Even one going means you're at least aiming to improve that area, rather than just saying "ok, fine, we're happy with Top 6 or thereabouts".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Based on Cotter being released on 19:54 - Mar 23 with 850 viewsPhilTWTD

Based on Cotter being released on 10:44 - Mar 23 by Radlett_blue

Indeed, some of these would now count as senior players as they will be over 21. However, I think that rule may have been abolished along with the ill thought out salary cap, although you never really know with the Football League.

Think it was part of the salary cap, however, not impossible a squad size could be included in whatever new FFP thing they come up with. Squad will be reduced drastically whatever though, PC has made it clear he doesn't want the ridiculous numbers we've currently got.

I suppose it is possible that players could be kept and not included in the squad if a future is seen for them. Someone like Morris could be sent out on loan if Town think he could still have a future here.
Based on Cotter being released on 20:58 - Mar 23 with 808 viewswkj

Based on Cotter being released on 19:54 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

Think it was part of the salary cap, however, not impossible a squad size could be included in whatever new FFP thing they come up with. Squad will be reduced drastically whatever though, PC has made it clear he doesn't want the ridiculous numbers we've currently got.

I suppose it is possible that players could be kept and not included in the squad if a future is seen for them. Someone like Morris could be sent out on loan if Town think he could still have a future here.

Phil, Do you think Town ever transfer listed anyone when we got relegated? It seems to me we continue to just sit on our assets and eventually give them away.

Who would be responsible for that do you think? It seems like a Bowman or LON type thing to handle based on the manager's feedback. Not that we would see that money turn into a transfer budget, but surely the reduction of wages would allow us more flexibility for higher quality loans, or even the odd transfer if Evans feels it's worth a punt.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Based on Cotter being released on 21:28 - Mar 23 with 788 viewsMrTown

Based on Cotter being released on 09:10 - Mar 23 by Guthrum

Not sure I'd want to lose any of those - our best CB, useful playmaker who has finally found his feet, decent utility CB and reasonably fast striker who scored 11 goals last season. Who would you replace tham with?

Wilson is ok, limited but ok, should be looking for a longer term upgrade.
Judge is definitely not a ‘playmaker’.
Jackson simply doesn’t fit into a lone striker role, don’t need players here for the sake of it.
Bishop doesn’t do enough.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Based on Cotter being released on 21:36 - Mar 23 with 782 viewsdominiciawful

Based on Cotter being released on 09:23 - Mar 23 by clive_baker

I hope we keen Ben Morris, I really like the look of him. Appreciate he's had injury problems but I think we could regret not giving him another crack.

Can't believe how unlucky he has been. Sickening.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Login to get fewer ads

Based on Cotter being released on 21:44 - Mar 23 with 772 viewsmadmouse1959

Would like Ben Morris to stay. Seen him play many times and has alot of potential. He should be afforded the time to heal up and get fit.

shampoo dave

Based on Cotter being released on 21:48 - Mar 23 with 769 viewsMrTown

Based on Cotter being released on 21:44 - Mar 23 by madmouse1959

Would like Ben Morris to stay. Seen him play many times and has alot of potential. He should be afforded the time to heal up and get fit.

Will be 22, can’t see him being the type to lead a line on his own in men’s football. Bad injury record.

Can’t see the purpose of holding him, of course duty of care to allow him to regain fitness, but wouldn’t offer him a deal.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Based on Cotter being released on 22:01 - Mar 23 with 754 viewsPhilTWTD

Based on Cotter being released on 20:58 - Mar 23 by wkj

Phil, Do you think Town ever transfer listed anyone when we got relegated? It seems to me we continue to just sit on our assets and eventually give them away.

Who would be responsible for that do you think? It seems like a Bowman or LON type thing to handle based on the manager's feedback. Not that we would see that money turn into a transfer budget, but surely the reduction of wages would allow us more flexibility for higher quality loans, or even the odd transfer if Evans feels it's worth a punt.

Well, we sold Harrison and Bart so that brought in some cash. Other than that the plan was to try and keep hold of most of the squad and add.
Based on Cotter being released on 09:45 - Mar 24 with 665 viewsRadlett_blue

Based on Cotter being released on 20:58 - Mar 23 by wkj

Keeping Jackson when he didn't fit into Lambert's system was daft. We had offers in excess of £1m. Now, he only has 1 year left if we trigger an extension, he's had an abysmal season & will be worth very little. He doesn't fit into Cook's system either.
Same with Donacien. Lambert clearly didn't rate him & we could have got a small fee by selling him in January. Again, he will be out of contract in the summer unless we trigger his extension if Cook likes him more than Lambert.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024