Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In one way the club is finally in perfect sync 10:54 - Mar 28 with 1512 viewsSomethingBlue

Vacant, spineless, passive, sterile, timid, dull, devoid of ambition, bereft of initiative — at last we have a team & squad that perfectly reflects the club Town has become under Evans.

It's been heading slowly this way for years and I'd count myself firmly among those who didn't acknowledge it early enough. Hands up, many of us are optimists. But where we are now — a mid-table L1 side two seasons running unless something changes fairly significantly — is an absolute disgrace.

I see posts urging people not to pile on the players and that's fine, shouldn't be abusive to any of them, they generally seem like nice lads and I'd wish them well for their careers elsewhere. But I'm afraid they have to be front and centre: too many of them have failed time & again, shrunk when it was time to stand tall, neglected to deliver when the opportunity was screaming out.

Some of them, along with others who have failed here before, are good players so the biggest concern is that much of this is clearly environmental — the result of years' muddled planning and a crushing lack of belief that has come to infect the entire place. Others just aren't up to the challenge. It's a bit from column A and a bit from column B — but it feels like we've reached the point we were heading towards for so long, in all departments and at all levels.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 10:57 - Mar 28 with 1484 viewschicoazul

The most annoying thing personally is that day by day, I find myself feeling bad for Paul Hurst. I can’t forgive the players for making me feel this way.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 11:04 - Mar 28 with 1440 viewsSomethingBlue

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 10:57 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

The most annoying thing personally is that day by day, I find myself feeling bad for Paul Hurst. I can’t forgive the players for making me feel this way.

I see we're starting to hear from people about this and that being Cook's fault — might just be that the manager is, and has been, some way down the list of problems at Ipswich.

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 11:06 - Mar 28 with 1429 viewspatrickswell

One way we’ll see a change in thinking is that when Hurst sold players on we thought, “Ooh, that looks risky.” Whoever Cook sells on we’ll think, “Oh, you off then? Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.” And I include talented but fragile players like Downes (whose head hasn’t been right all season) and KVY (who’ll probably retire now he’s done his 45 minutes for the season).

Too many negative and unfortunate emotions associated with far too many of them.
In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 11:08 - Mar 28 with 1412 viewspatrickswell

Poor man-management and poor decision making on his part played a big part in this. He can rot in the National League as far as I’m concerned.
In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 11:12 - Mar 28 with 1399 viewsfooters

It's us I feel sorry for. Someone, somewhere has this huge voodoo doll in the shape of Portman Road and has given it to their rottweiler to play with.

Give me an epidural and wake me up in the summer, please.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 12:30 - Mar 28 with 1275 viewschicoazul

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 11:08 - Mar 28 by patrickswell

Poor man-management and poor decision making on his part played a big part in this. He can rot in the National League as far as I’m concerned.

On the one hand I agree.
On the other, certain senior players took against him immediately; and he was indulged by an ignorant and uninterested owner.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 13:05 - Mar 28 with 1220 viewseddiespearitt03

Who is actually running this club ? Where is our great leader Marcus Evans in all of this mess that just continues from one season to the next ? The only certain thing is that we have another manager who will probably go through the same exhausting emotions trying to motivate this squad. Will Paul Cook become just another casualty ?
In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 14:04 - Mar 28 with 1144 viewsIpswichKnight

Some of them are in for a very nasty shock in the summer, they are not going to get the cushy contract they obviously think is coming and will then find that there is not a queue of clubs beating the door down to sign them.
Login to get fewer ads

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 15:10 - Mar 28 with 1087 viewsSomethingBlue

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 13:05 - Mar 28 by eddiespearitt03

Who is actually running this club ? Where is our great leader Marcus Evans in all of this mess that just continues from one season to the next ? The only certain thing is that we have another manager who will probably go through the same exhausting emotions trying to motivate this squad. Will Paul Cook become just another casualty ?

I think Cook is very good and the last two or three weeks don't alter that view. But he will become another casualty if, like Mick and even Lambert, he is left to do most of the heavy lifting around the club himself. In other words: he barely has a hope unless change happens from the the very top.

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 15:36 - Mar 28 with 1018 viewsjayessess

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 14:04 - Mar 28 by IpswichKnight

Some of them are in for a very nasty shock in the summer, they are not going to get the cushy contract they obviously think is coming and will then find that there is not a queue of clubs beating the door down to sign them.

I don't think any of them can be that delusional, can they? There isn't a single player at the club whose personal situation isn't going to be negatively affected by ending this season badly.

I more tend to just think it's about ability rather than motivation.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 16:05 - Mar 28 with 984 viewsPositivelyPortman

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 14:04 - Mar 28 by IpswichKnight

If he gives new contracts to Chambo, Skuse and Sears, then that’s it for me.
He seems very, very keen on them from comments I’ve read.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 16:40 - Mar 28 with 927 viewsITFC_Forever

For me, it's the lost generation which is the saddest thing.

Our eldest daughter is 16 in July and will be leaving school - when she was born, it was coming off the back of losing out on automatic promotion and then losing to West Ham in the POs in 2005.

In the event, we had two girls (the youngest is now 11), but that didn't bother me - more girls than ever are into football.
I had a vision that we would go to games together and that they would get as excited about going to matches as I do.

They have been to a few games and quite enjoy them when they go, but they have been to some where literally nothing has happened and they get bored.

Now they show no more interest than walking in when I'm watching iFollow and laugh as we are failing to win again, and walk out.
When I am watching a Prem or Champ game, they laugh as I have to explain how big a gap there is between us and that level.

Most of the kids at their schools support the big Prem clubs - there is nothing for them to get excited about for Ipswich Town.... those who are Town fans are the ones that have been dragged along by their Dads - they haven't got the engagement to go together with a group of mates like many of us had at their age.

Had we had the thrills and spills of promotion seasons and play-off charges, I am sure my daughters' generation would be far more interested - but 13 years of almost continuous decline has lost them to the club.

And that for me is the saddest indictment of where we are as a club and where the last decade and a half has taken us.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 16:57 - Mar 28 with 902 viewsjayessess

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 16:05 - Mar 28 by PositivelyPortman

If he gives new contracts to Chambo, Skuse and Sears, then that’s it for me.
He seems very, very keen on them from comments I’ve read.

If we miss the play-offs and then renew everyone then alarm bells would be ringing. That said, I don't think he'd be making such a big thing about people failing to step up if he were intending to do that.

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 17:10 - Mar 28 with 868 viewshaynes_toe1

Their agents will have made the players perfectly aware on potential new clubs interested and the chances of resigning etc. Certainly won't come as a shock to any of the players.
In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 17:19 - Mar 28 with 847 viewsjayessess

In one way the club is finally in perfect sync on 17:10 - Mar 28 by haynes_toe1

Their agents will have made the players perfectly aware on potential new clubs interested and the chances of resigning etc. Certainly won't come as a shock to any of the players.

Even the likes of Jackson and Edwards, who'll have had indications of interest, must know that off the back of a bad season they'll be in a worse position? If either had contributed 20 goals & assists this season, they'd likely be looking at a £10k+ per week as an impact sub for a Championship club. No chance of anything like that now, I wouldn't think.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024