Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've found the answer to racial injustice 07:39 - Mar 31 with 1791 viewsbluelagos

Within the justice system, including policing, sentencing etc...

Deny there's a problem. That's alright then.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/31/uk-an-exemplar-of-racial-equality-

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 11:36 - Mar 31 with 1693 viewsHerbivore

They just don't care. Everything associated with this government is designed with one purpose in mind: to play to their base. That's it. That's all they care about. We've seen on here those who support the Tories downplaying racism and criticising BLM. This report is for them, it's not for those who are actually affected by racism.

Curse this corrupt and incompetent Tory government, curse those who voted for it, and double curse anyone morally bankrupt enough to still support these shameless halwits.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 12:54]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 11:38 - Mar 31 with 1687 viewsartsbossbeard

Artsbossbeard is 2021's most sensitive husband, signed Artsbossbeard

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:01 - Mar 31 with 1639 viewsX0Y0

'We've looked in to it, and you could all learn a thing or two from us' was a remarkable finding, and tone deaf in the current climate.

I have to admit, I personally believe that the class system and social structure in the UK is a greater cause of inequality (nowadays) than structural racism, and it results in significant differences in terms of access to opportunities. The class system risks undermining improvements that are made to overcome racial inequality as we live in a country whereby a much higher proportion of people living in poverty come from minority backgrounds.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 13:08]
We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:12 - Mar 31 with 1614 viewsbluelagos

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:01 - Mar 31 by X0Y0

'We've looked in to it, and you could all learn a thing or two from us' was a remarkable finding, and tone deaf in the current climate.

I have to admit, I personally believe that the class system and social structure in the UK is a greater cause of inequality (nowadays) than structural racism, and it results in significant differences in terms of access to opportunities. The class system risks undermining improvements that are made to overcome racial inequality as we live in a country whereby a much higher proportion of people living in poverty come from minority backgrounds.

It is of course perfectly possible that our society has structural issues around both race and class. It is not a "one or the other" debate, irrespective of how much some want to hide behind that argument.

And from what I can see, neither issue are being adequately addressed by those in power. Just hiding behind "We are better than xyz" at it. Well whoopie fcking do...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:33 - Mar 31 with 1560 viewslowhouseblue

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:01 - Mar 31 by X0Y0

inequality is a serious issue. racism is a serious issue. arguing that the first is necessarily proof of the second is fallacious. if the report helps clarify that - i haven't read it yet - it will be very helpful.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:44 - Mar 31 with 1526 viewsmonytowbray

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:33 - Mar 31 by lowhouseblue

inequality is a serious issue. racism is a serious issue. arguing that the first is necessarily proof of the second is fallacious. if the report helps clarify that - i haven't read it yet - it will be very helpful.

And he thinks he’s a liberal!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:46 - Mar 31 with 1527 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Wasn,t it the The Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities that came up with this report and not Downing Street as the Guardian is suggesting. Ok number 10 selects these folk but to be honest i have no idea who sits on the commission.
We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:47 - Mar 31 with 1528 viewsHerbivore

Yes, this report definitely sounds like it'll really get to the heart of our social problems. Poundland Paz strikes again.

Login to get fewer ads

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:49 - Mar 31 with 1515 viewsHerbivore

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:46 - Mar 31 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Wasn,t it the The Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities that came up with this report and not Downing Street as the Guardian is suggesting. Ok number 10 selects these folk but to be honest i have no idea who sits on the commission.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/munira-mirza-racial-inequality-review_uk_

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:51 - Mar 31 with 1510 viewsmonytowbray

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:47 - Mar 31 by Herbivore

Yes, this report definitely sounds like it'll really get to the heart of our social problems. Poundland Paz strikes again.

To his credit it’s more Paz With a Vaguely Socially Acceptable Filter than a budget version. I’d say at least the mid tier cost package.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 13:00 - Mar 31 with 1462 viewsthebooks

Reassuring to discover that the only institutionally racist organisation of this century is the Labour Party.
We've found the answer to racial injustice on 21:54 - Apr 1 with 1207 viewsBlueBadger

Christ alive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 21:56 - Apr 1 with 1208 viewsBlueBadger

Christ alive, I hope for your sake time travel never gets invented. You'd never be able to look your younger self in the eye.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 21:58 - Apr 1 with 1200 viewslowhouseblue

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 21:56 - Apr 1 by BlueBadger

Christ alive, I hope for your sake time travel never gets invented. You'd never be able to look your younger self in the eye.

so engage with the issue. explain why you think the post is wrong. do you think that inequality is only explained by racism? have you read the report?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 22:02 - Apr 1 with 1178 viewsSwansea_Blue

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 12:46 - Mar 31 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Only in the same way that Paul Cook came up with last week's team selection and not ITFC.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 22:08 - Apr 1 with 1155 viewsjeera

But that's the problem.

When a commision is pretty much hand picked to produce the results required by those who select the commission...

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/editorials/race-report-bame-gaslighting-sew

In name only.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 22:20 - Apr 1 with 1126 viewsSwansea_Blue

We've found the answer to racial injustice on 22:08 - Apr 1 by jeera

But that's the problem.

When a commision is pretty much hand picked to produce the results required by those who select the commission...

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/editorials/race-report-bame-gaslighting-sew

In name only.

That the press were effectively gagged on it doesn’t help either. No full report sent to all reporters under embargo, as is normal. And a ‘no approach’ demand slapped on it for those it was released to in order to stop them garnering expert opinion on it.

Ian Dunt was damning about it today (other opinions are available of course) https://www.politics.co.uk/comment/2021/04/01/week-in-review-the-national-gaslig

And then there have been several examples on Twitter today of where the report incorrectly summarised official records, seemingly to deflect from actual issues (or maybe the authors are just crap and can’t accurately summarise information ).

It’s not my area of expertise, but there are enough red flags about this to suggest the paper it’s written on is more valuable than the words it contains. There do appear to be a few sensible points amongst the politicised crap though. Very much rare diamonds studding the turd.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024