Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banter era players 2007 - 2021 09:00 - Apr 9 with 7503 viewshype313

Starter for ten...

Nigel Reo-Coker
Michael Chopra
Paul Taylor

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 00:57 - Apr 10 with 473 viewsMVBlue

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 18:08 - Apr 9 by Esseeja

Colin Healy. Apart from the Arsenal assist, what else was he?
Tamás Priskin. same as above.
Jonathan Douglas - Who possessed the man in charge to play him constantly?
Luke Chambers - He's basically been a leader of a team in freefall, I don't have anything against him as a leader or a person but I don't rate him.
Jonathan Walters (Relegation season) - A big pile of hype just for nothing, ended up getting injured and retiring anyway.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Never saw much in him, he played brilliantly in the ITFC 5-1 West Ham game, but I can't remember him being stand out.
Jason Scotland - As a striker, he never scored many.

Poor old Jon Walters he was going to help us. Man what a few years its been. Terrible.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 13:43 - Apr 10 with 403 viewsEsseeja

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 00:57 - Apr 10 by MVBlue

Poor old Jon Walters he was going to help us. Man what a few years its been. Terrible.

I do feel quite bad for him because he was very passionate when he said he was 'coming home', but it was criminal that he was even selected at the time because he was an injury risk from the injury he had picked up.
Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 13:47 - Apr 10 with 396 viewsEsseeja

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 19:46 - Apr 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Given that he played mostly on the left of a very flat 442 I’m thinking you haven’t a clue what you’re on about. Which would explain most of your initial list tbf

I know McCarthy would bypass our midfield regularly in the hope that Daryl Murphy would score, but Tabb definitely should have managed well more than 4 assists.
Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 14:01 - Apr 10 with 386 viewsLord_Lucan

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 18:08 - Apr 9 by Esseeja

Colin Healy. Apart from the Arsenal assist, what else was he?
Tamás Priskin. same as above.
Jonathan Douglas - Who possessed the man in charge to play him constantly?
Luke Chambers - He's basically been a leader of a team in freefall, I don't have anything against him as a leader or a person but I don't rate him.
Jonathan Walters (Relegation season) - A big pile of hype just for nothing, ended up getting injured and retiring anyway.
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Never saw much in him, he played brilliantly in the ITFC 5-1 West Ham game, but I can't remember him being stand out.
Jason Scotland - As a striker, he never scored many.

I think Jet is the only player I would happily pay to watch since ME took over.

Not saying everyone else was rubbish but JET had it all.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 14:09 - Apr 10 with 372 viewsEsseeja

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 14:01 - Apr 10 by Lord_Lucan

If he could replicate the 5-1 performance then I would happily agree, that wasn't the standout performance he had but the first half of the season we got him, he was bang average and sometimes well below that at best, he did pick it up in the second half of that season. He was average again the next season before actually playing well for Bristol City which is why I put him on my list. I would add many others but they have been mentioned numerous times already.
Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 14:16 - Apr 10 with 359 viewsLord_Lucan

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 14:09 - Apr 10 by Esseeja

If he could replicate the 5-1 performance then I would happily agree, that wasn't the standout performance he had but the first half of the season we got him, he was bang average and sometimes well below that at best, he did pick it up in the second half of that season. He was average again the next season before actually playing well for Bristol City which is why I put him on my list. I would add many others but they have been mentioned numerous times already.

I don't disagree really.

JET had some awful games and many times was simply lost.

However he had the ability to do something amazing.

I think he was a bit of a lost soul.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 14:48 - Apr 10 with 349 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Ivan Campo
Lee Bowyer
Nathan Ellington

Think whoever was in charge of recruitment around that time found an old edition of Four Four Two behind their sofa....
Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 14:49 - Apr 10 with 347 viewsFunge

Banter era players 2007 - 2021 on 14:01 - Apr 10 by Lord_Lucan

Agree.

JET was exciting, insofar as he was capable of skills far above anyone else in that team.

He hit the bar about 40 times while he was here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024