Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Foden 21:47 - Apr 14 with 1325 viewsBlueStreak

What a player he is. Has to start this summer, absolutely superb.
Phil Foden on 21:51 - Apr 14 with 1307 viewsvapour_trail

Seems to have overtaken Sterling with Pep for the biggest games. Think Sterling will be ahead of him for England.

I’d have him in the XI.

Bellingham looks terrific as well.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Phil Foden on 21:55 - Apr 14 with 1284 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. A shame we don't have a great defence because goig forward we have some serious options.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil Foden on 21:58 - Apr 14 with 1263 viewsBlueStreak

Phil Foden on 21:51 - Apr 14 by vapour_trail

Seems to have overtaken Sterling with Pep for the biggest games. Think Sterling will be ahead of him for England.

I’d have him in the XI.

Bellingham looks the real deal, only 17 as well.

Runs like Viera, would love England to have a CM powerhouse like like sitting behind Foden, Sancho, Mount for the next 15 years.
Phil Foden on 22:05 - Apr 14 with 1232 viewsvapour_trail

Phil Foden on 21:58 - Apr 14 by BlueStreak

Runs like Viera, would love England to have a CM powerhouse like like sitting behind Foden, Sancho, Mount for the next 15 years.

If only we could have our defenders of 15/20 years ago with this bunch of forward players.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Phil Foden on 22:06 - Apr 14 with 1228 viewsMercian

There are other gems out there. Saka stands out, Greenwood who has been quieter this year is also a great talent. Then there's that young lad from Ipswich, forgot his name, the son of a former player. What happened to him?
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 22:08]
Phil Foden on 22:08 - Apr 14 with 1205 viewsJ2BLUE

Phil Foden on 22:06 - Apr 14 by Mercian

There are other gems out there. Saka stands out, Greenwood who has been quieter this year is also a great talent. Then there's that young lad from Ipswich, forgot his name, the son of a former player. What happened to him?

Saka is briliant. I'm a massive Rashford fan as well. Maybe we don't need a defence...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phil Foden on 23:17 - Apr 14 with 1071 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Phil Foden on 22:06 - Apr 14 by Mercian

Bellingham.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Phil Foden on 23:33 - Apr 14 with 1043 viewstractordownsouth

Phil Foden on 22:08 - Apr 14 by J2BLUE

Saka is briliant. I'm a massive Rashford fan as well. Maybe we don't need a defence...

Saka's quality but I doubt he'll get into the squad. Chilwell and Shaw will be the left-backs and left-wing (along with right-back) is the most competitive position on the pitch - Grealish, Rashford and Sterling are all ahead of him.

If I were Southgate I'd be tempted to go for a 4-1-4-1 formation like Leeds do. Stick Rice or Phillips in the destroyer role and give Mount, Foden, Grealish and Sancho the ability to interchange behind Kane. There's enough legs in that midfield to get back and defend when needed too, although against the better teams I wouldn't be surprised if he reverts to 4-2-3-1, which is probably sensible.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Foden on 23:46 - Apr 14 with 1025 viewsrickw

I’d have him in the XI.

Yeah both Foden and Bellingham look really good.
Man City play will all creative midfielders, but only really a Guardiola team can do that. England will need some pace in the team too, which is why I think Rashford and Sterling will start, with Foden perhaps vying for a place with Grealish and Mount.

Rice will start and so will Henderson if fit, if not though I'd have Bellingham starting, however I think Southgate will go for Kalvin Phillips - who looks great for Leeds, but hasn't replicated that confidence for England yet.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Phil Foden on 01:17 - Apr 15 with 972 viewsMercian

Phil Foden on 23:46 - Apr 14 by rickw

Yeah both Foden and Bellingham look really good.
Man City play will all creative midfielders, but only really a Guardiola team can do that. England will need some pace in the team too, which is why I think Rashford and Sterling will start, with Foden perhaps vying for a place with Grealish and Mount.

Rice will start and so will Henderson if fit, if not though I'd have Bellingham starting, however I think Southgate will go for Kalvin Phillips - who looks great for Leeds, but hasn't replicated that confidence for England yet.

If Henderson is fit and in form he starts. I think he sees eventual successor in the role everyday at training. Alexander-Arnold is a great ball player but he is being found out at right back. I think his future lies in the deep lying playmaker role. He only switched to right back because of the amount of quality in Liverpool's midfield, quality which is diminishing. I would also have Aaron Wan Bissaka and/or Reece James spend 8 hours a day kicking a ball against a wall using only their left foot.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 1:18]
Phil Foden on 05:40 - Apr 15 with 897 viewstextbackup

Phil Foden on 21:58 - Apr 14 by BlueStreak

Rice? Couldn’t he fill that role

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Phil Foden on 07:45 - Apr 15 with 810 viewsVic

Phil Foden on 23:17 - Apr 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bellingham.

Can we claim him as son/grandson of Holly?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Phil Foden on 08:24 - Apr 15 with 757 viewsBlueStreak

Phil Foden on 05:40 - Apr 15 by textbackup

Rice? Couldn’t he fill that role

Yes but I guess you would still end up potentially playing two of them anyway, and Rice does want to get forward more.

Bellingham is 17 though and is already playing in CL QF and not looking out of place at all, especially against a team like Man C.

Haarland hardly had a touch in either leg but Bellingham bossed it I thought. If Henderson is injured I’d play him next to Rice

Pope

Walker Stone Maguire Chilwell

Rice Bellingham

Sterling Mount Foden

Kane
Phil Foden on 08:28 - Apr 15 with 755 viewsMetal_Hacker

I mentioned this last week when he scored the winner in the first leg .Hell of a player now and makes you wonder how good he is going to be

Him and Mason Mount ooze quality - not to mention Bellingham who's still in nappies

Poll: If it were one or the other

Phil Foden on 08:54 - Apr 15 with 711 viewsPendejo

I’d have him in the XI.

If Southgate has Sterling in over Foden he will repeating the mistakes of multiple predecessors in picking players for career to date rather than current form.

I think Lingard has out performed Foden since joining Wet Spam, can they both okay with Kane?

As for Bellingham, his parents were clearly Beatles fans and has a terrace chant in mind when they named him.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024