Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday 21:10 - Apr 22 with 1282 viewsCheltenham_Blue

from 2020, and something he said struck me.

"If you're forcing players, to do something [style of play] that they're not particularly good at, it just eats away at their confidence."

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:15 - Apr 22 with 1200 views3_5_2

PC has had a look at who can play in this system and it appears not many

I can his logic

We shall see who stays.

Not many I think!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:15 - Apr 22 with 1199 viewssaffers12

I agree but that does not excuse the inability to pass the ba 5 yards

Showed the office that MG pass to AD and they just laughed and shook their heads
Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:17 - Apr 22 with 1183 viewsJDB23

Ah so that's where Cook is going wrong, telling them to be football players. Hopefully next game he send them out in hard hats and steelies then.
Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:18 - Apr 22 with 1167 viewschrismakin

lambert played 4 2 3 1. Cook plays 4 2 3 1. All cook asked for is a bit of attacking intent ( remember the moans of Lamberts team passing backwards) but to do 5hat you need fitness to get in higher positions we sadly dont have it

So for me that style quote . It's not relevant here

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:22 - Apr 22 with 1139 viewssaffers12

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:18 - Apr 22 by chrismakin

lambert played 4 2 3 1. Cook plays 4 2 3 1. All cook asked for is a bit of attacking intent ( remember the moans of Lamberts team passing backwards) but to do 5hat you need fitness to get in higher positions we sadly dont have it

I actually think in the first 15 or 20 v Wimbledon we did show that intent and Harrop was at least trying to move us forward with intensity, then clearly it went wrong
Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:24 - Apr 22 with 1110 viewschrismakin

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:22 - Apr 22 by saffers12

I actually think in the first 15 or 20 v Wimbledon we did show that intent and Harrop was at least trying to move us forward with intensity, then clearly it went wrong

We are getting there...

Like I said earlier. Sat and tues.. much more effort in getting the balls into the box. We weren't sat in our own half etc. Its definately there.

Tues is actually frustrating and I appreciate IFs are pointless but had we not hit the woodwork and missed a 1 yard sitter... people might have a much better view of the overall picture rather than just 0 goals again a tuesday alone was much much better footballing wise.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:29 - Apr 22 with 1081 viewsArnieM

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:15 - Apr 22 by 3_5_2

PC has had a look at who can play in this system and it appears not many

I can his logic

We shall see who stays.

Not many I think!

Mainly the young ones in the current squad I think.

Downes ( unless he’s sold)
KVY
Woolfie
Dozzell
Nydam
Bishop
Dobra

Can’t think of too many others can you?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:32 - Apr 22 with 1047 viewssaffers12

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:29 - Apr 22 by ArnieM

KVY
Woolfie
Dozzell
Nydam
Bishop
Dobra

Really can't see all 3 from AD, TB and FD staying, they don't work clearly, at least 1 needs to go but not FD
Login to get fewer ads

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:38 - Apr 22 with 1018 viewsBramidan

I actually dispair of the inability of professional footballers not to be able to play football.
Come on he's not asking a forward to play in goal or an attacker to suddenly revert to a centre back.
I wonder what the next in vogue system will be next season.
Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:39 - Apr 22 with 1005 viewsWD19

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:29 - Apr 22 by ArnieM

KVY
Woolfie
Dozzell
Nydam
Bishop
Dobra

Cook has tried Bishop multiple times in multiple positions and he has not shown much. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Bishops time is up.
Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:39 - Apr 22 with 1004 viewsRadlett_blue

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:18 - Apr 22 by chrismakin

Indeed, systems are less relevant than styles of play. Town clearly have been doing far too much pointless passing in their own half, but that's about style & lack of confidence rather than a 4-2-3-1 system.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:42 - Apr 22 with 971 viewssaffers12

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:39 - Apr 22 by WD19

Cook has tried Bishop multiple times in multiple positions and he has not shown much. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Bishops time is up.

I agree, would be sad to see him go but we need to move on now and we need more 7 out of 10 players for every game rather than Teddy how can mainly be 5 but occasionally 8
Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:58 - Apr 22 with 867 viewsBlueBadger

Sadly in the case of most of our players that something appears to be 'play football'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just re-watching Magilton interview with Blue Monday on 21:58 - Apr 22 with 875 viewsVic

That would be why, after a few matches Cookie tried moving away from Lamberts system (also the one he himself preferred). He identified that we don’t have the playing to play with one up top so he tried a few games with two - which he presumably thought the players would be better at.

If I recall this was something that many on here at had been calling for for months when Lamberts was here, but which he steadfastly refused to do.

The result was the same though!

What was he to do? It seems that now he’s reverted back to his original and preferred one up top as a preparation for next season regardless of the results.

I’m really surprised he hasn’t got the team to tick but it surely says something of the state of the players that nothing has motivated them to buy into the brilliant opportunity that has been set before them of being part of a club with real vision and momentum.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024