Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man 19:12 - Apr 24 with 5790 viewsgtsb1966

tell us all why and who you would want to replace him. Just for balance me being 100% behind him is because he has done it all before, more than once, and will be rid of this underperforming ( for a long time) squad very soon. Over to you and remember to let us all know who you would have as manager.
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:47 - Apr 24 with 1306 viewsHARRY10

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:44 - Apr 24 by NeedhamChris

Yes. I just don’t believe the part about cook being their man too. That would be quite a coincidence and he doesn’t quite fit the CEO and head of recruitment model.

I think cooks chances to succeeding are quite high. I just think that we could probably attract better for a rebuilding project and if there’s any doubt that he’s the one to spend the money I’d get rid. Right man wrong time.

he won't be spending the money

that is why the recruitman chap has been brought in
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:48 - Apr 24 with 1317 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:44 - Apr 24 by NeedhamChris

Yes. I just don’t believe the part about cook being their man too. That would be quite a coincidence and he doesn’t quite fit the CEO and head of recruitment model.

I think cooks chances to succeeding are quite high. I just think that we could probably attract better for a rebuilding project and if there’s any doubt that he’s the one to spend the money I’d get rid. Right man wrong time.

It's open to questioning, but it's really not a huge coincidence.

Paul Cook and the Cowleys were the obvious candidates in anyone's book.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

[Redacted] on 19:48 - Apr 24 with 1317 viewsvictorywilhappen

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:44 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

I'd rather have a manger who has recent experience and success at building a squad to get promoted from this league

Paul Cook is that man

[Redacted]
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:49 - Apr 24 with 1310 viewschrismakin

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:43 - Apr 24 by Coastalblue

You seem to have nailed your colours to the mast so firmly it appears as though you've left yourself nowhere to go and don't seem able to look at things objectively.

I've said a number of times and still believe that Cook should be here at the end of next season almost regardless of what happens between now and then, however, he's struggling at the moment and burning through the credit he arrived with fast.

I don't really care whether other clubs have said he's an arrogant aloof fecker or the best man manager in the league, I only care about what he does here, and so far it's been disapointing to say the least.

"yourself nowhere to go and don't seem able to look at things objectively."

When we sacked Lambert, I wanted a manager to come in who could handle the squad rebuild we would need to have in the summer, and someone who we could trust to get us up.
At the time I thought we had lost out on PC and was gutted, however I was delighted when he was confirmed as he I have no doubts he will succeed. If he doesn't so be it, he'll lose his job.

Regarding looking at things objectively. I have, it's the ones who can't see past this season which are the ones who aren't looking objectively

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:49 - Apr 24 with 1304 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

[Redacted] on 19:48 - Apr 24 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

He didn't. Not 'recent' success. Historic success maybe.

Keane had recent experience and success.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:51 - Apr 24 with 1292 viewsChurchman

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:19 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Most people are behind cook, but some are underwhelmed. Thats ok.

I am happy to see cook build his own team and get a pre season behind him.

Hopefully his track record speaks for itself...

...then again, Jewell and Lambert had multiple promotions behind them too...

Jewell had success with Wigan followed by multiple failures. The we hired him.

Lambert had success with Norwich followed by multiple failures. Then we hired him.

Cook had success with three different clubs. Then we hired him.

In what way is your comparison valid?
[Redacted] on 19:52 - Apr 24 with 1286 viewsvictorywilhappen

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:49 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

[Redacted]
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:52 - Apr 24 with 1284 viewschrismakin

[Redacted] on 19:48 - Apr 24 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

On page 3, unfortunately he had a fair number of years of failure when he came to us

PC however the most recent successful manager of this league. with 0 failures like PL

So you're close but miles off.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

[Redacted] on 19:54 - Apr 24 with 1275 viewsvictorywilhappen

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:52 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

On page 3, unfortunately he had a fair number of years of failure when he came to us

PC however the most recent successful manager of this league. with 0 failures like PL

So you're close but miles off.

[Redacted]
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:54 - Apr 24 with 1272 viewsNeedhamChris

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:47 - Apr 24 by HARRY10

he won't be spending the money

that is why the recruitman chap has been brought in

Which is my point! That’s not a natural fit when you look at Cooks history, and we’re not exactly seeing an ability to get the best out of other players he hasn’t chosen.

I’m not anti-Cook per se. I’m just pro-getting someone in that perfectly fits this new structure we have
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 19:55]

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:54 - Apr 24 with 1271 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:51 - Apr 24 by Churchman

Jewell had success with Wigan followed by multiple failures. The we hired him.

Lambert had success with Norwich followed by multiple failures. Then we hired him.

Cook had success with three different clubs. Then we hired him.

In what way is your comparison valid?

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

The point was weve had managers with a track record of success. Jewell despite his failures had won promotion from the Championship TWICE with two different clubs.

Keane also had a very recent promotion on his CV.

Just pointing out that it's no guarantee.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:54 - Apr 24 with 1272 viewsChurchman

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:49 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Keane was fired by Sunderland. After promotion, he failed.
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:56 - Apr 24 with 1257 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:54 - Apr 24 by Churchman

Keane was fired by Sunderland. After promotion, he failed.

That was in the Premier League.

Cook is failing now... fire him on the same basis?

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:56 - Apr 24 with 1257 viewschrismakin

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:54 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

The point was weve had managers with a track record of success. Jewell despite his failures had won promotion from the Championship TWICE with two different clubs.

Keane also had a very recent promotion on his CV.

Just pointing out that it's no guarantee.

The difference is we've hired failed managers before, PC doesn't fall into their group.

And Keane, well That's Evans going for the BIG media signing after 1 promotion full of spending, £7 mill for gordan for example.

[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 19:58]

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:58 - Apr 24 with 1241 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:56 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

The difference is we've hired failed managers before, PC doesn't fall into their group.

And Keane, well That's Evans going for the BIG media signing after 1 promotion full of spending, £7 mill for gordan for example.

[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 19:58]

...he does at the moment.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:59 - Apr 24 with 1235 viewschrismakin

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:58 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

...he does at the moment.

He doesn't, he hasn't failed.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:00 - Apr 24 with 1223 viewsChurchman

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:56 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

That was in the Premier League.

Cook is failing now... fire him on the same basis?

Keane had 2 years and 100 games. Cook has had 2 months and 13 or 14 games with somebody else’s players.
So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:00 - Apr 24 with 1224 viewsNeedhamChris

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:59 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

Of course he has. He said we had a squad good enough to go up and we’re a million miles from achieving that

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:02 - Apr 24 with 1203 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:00 - Apr 24 by Churchman

Keane had 2 years and 100 games. Cook has had 2 months and 13 or 14 games with somebody else’s players.

I'm not saying he should be sacked, just saying that he'll be disappointed with his own performance.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:04 - Apr 24 with 1206 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 19:59 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

"I was very confident I’d lead the team into the play-offs so to say I’m disappointed in myself is an understatement. I think I should be getting more out of these players and I’m disappointed I’m not."

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:05 - Apr 24 with 1189 viewsMrTown

He has been here 7 weeks, I know there is an ‘instant success’ culture in football but he needs time, that’s just the fact of the matter.

He will everything he needs in the summer, capacity to realistically move who he wants out, and I am sure he will be able to get a lot of his top targets.

He’s a proven manager, with success time and time again.

He will get this spot on, he will be a top manager for this club.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:09 - Apr 24 with 1170 viewschrismakin

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:00 - Apr 24 by NeedhamChris

Of course he has. He said we had a squad good enough to go up and we’re a million miles from achieving that

So are you now having a go at him for being positive to the media when he joined to give them a confidence boost? I thought you didn't like him being negative and honest

Which is it?

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:10 - Apr 24 with 1159 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:09 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

So are you now having a go at him for being positive to the media when he joined to give them a confidence boost? I thought you didn't like him being negative and honest

Which is it?

I think you two should agree to differ.

You've both stated your positions.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:11 - Apr 24 with 1159 viewschrismakin

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:04 - Apr 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

"I was very confident I’d lead the team into the play-offs so to say I’m disappointed in myself is an understatement. I think I should be getting more out of these players and I’m disappointed I’m not."

He's still manager, he's not failed. How can you fail if you haven't finished you career at ipswich.

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:11 - Apr 24 with 1157 viewsNeedhamChris

So...all you people who think Cook is the wrong man on 20:09 - Apr 24 by chrismakin

Which is it?

You’re cherry picking left right and centre here to justify your point.

So you think at PCs interview he said to ME, you can write this season off as we’ll never make top 6 and ME went for that?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024