Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Paul Hurst Dream Continues (n/t) 20:55 - Apr 27 with 3858 viewsMetal_Hacker

Poll: If it were one or the other

The Paul Hurst Dream Continues (n/t) on 09:12 - Apr 28 with 402 viewshatch

There's a certain symmetry to this as I'm about to head down to Exeter this afternoon for the first time since I watched us knocked out the cup there under Hurst. That day he delivered his most notable ITFC interview and it was the same place he delivered his relegation interview last night.

Not a happy hunting ground for ol' Hursty boy.
The Paul Hurst Dream Continues (n/t) on 09:17 - Apr 28 with 403 viewsTieDyedIn95

The Paul Hurst Dream Continues (n/t) on 23:01 - Apr 27 by BlueBadger

No, they won't. The players Cook is saying are useless wasters are, by the large, the ones who Hurst signed.

The ones Hurst said were useless wasters were ones who'd had us playing in the top half of the Championship in the face of the significant drag factor of the Marcus Eans culture of 'this'll do'.

By large?

Hurst signed just Jackson, Edwards, Toto, Donacien and Nolan remaining in this squad. That's 5 players of 35. He's hardly responsible for this squad and given Nolan has been injured for all of Cooks tenure, Janoi is out on loan, and most people have praised Toto this season so that leaves Jackson and Edwards ... so no the wasters here are not by large, the ones Hurst signed.

He was a rubbish manager, but the bulk of our squad was here before Hurst arrived and that's a big part of the problem.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

The Paul Hurst Dream Continues (n/t) on 09:31 - Apr 28 with 372 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Paul Hurst Dream Continues (n/t) on 08:31 - Apr 28 by yorkshireblue

I knew things were bad there... but not this bad

Amazing. Starts normally enough with standard money worries for a small club in covid times and unhappy players. And then disappears down a rabbit hole of pure madness. Some right dodgy characters behind that club.

Bilel Mohsni still looks crap though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Paul Hurst Dream Continues (n/t) on 09:36 - Apr 28 with 367 viewsSamWhiteUK

Couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow
The Paul Hurst Dream Continues (n/t) on 11:09 - Apr 28 with 322 viewsBlueBlood90

I'm an Ipswich exile living in Cleethorpes.

Paul Hurst is seen as a bit of a hero up here and is completely scot free of any of the blame in GTFC fans eyes. 100% of the blame has been given to Ian Holloway and the owner John Fenty.

They expected the season to be called off so didn't bother having a pre-season and signed a load of cheap non league players on 1 year deals trying to be smart in anticipating that the season would be postponed due to COVID.

Hurst dismantled the entire squad in January and threw a load of loans and freebies together which have formed a solid fighting chance in recent weeks but it was all too little too late.

Apparently Hurst commented that the balls on the training field were not even round anymore when he re-joined as it had been so long since the equipment had been updated!

I should mention that another former blue Giles Coke was one of those Hurst signed in January and he's been absolutely outstanding!

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024