Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've lost 15(!) games this season... 07:37 - Apr 28 with 892 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Yet somehow are still not mathematically out of the play off race. Shows how utterly garbage this division is. Makes our situation and form even more depressing.

Let's hope our favourite footballing naval vessel sets sail in August and doesn't look back.

Also seen Pboro play Lincoln on Saturday. Could be an interesting last week if Lincoln win that one...
We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 07:46 - Apr 28 with 855 viewschrismakin

Hull have lost 10 and are top, seems barmy that you can lose that many and be top.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 07:57 - Apr 28 with 827 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 08:09 - Apr 28 with 802 viewsGlasgowBlue

It looks like 72 points will be enough for 6th place this year.

Just over a month ago we were on 54 points with the following to play....

Plymouth
Fleetwood
Portsmouth
Wigan
Bristol Rovers
Rochdale
MKDons
Wimbledon
Charlton
Northampton
Wimbledon
Swindon
Shrewsbury
Fleetwood

We need just 18 points from our final 14 games. Many of which were against bottom half teams.

In the eleven of those fixtures played we’ve scored just 3 goals.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 08:12 - Apr 28 with 790 viewschrismakin

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 08:09 - Apr 28 by GlasgowBlue

Plymouth
Fleetwood
Portsmouth
Wigan
Bristol Rovers
Rochdale
MKDons
Wimbledon
Charlton
Northampton
Wimbledon
Swindon
Shrewsbury
Fleetwood

We need just 18 points from our final 14 games. Many of which were against bottom half teams.

Can see where this thread is going lol

So, enjoy

But to the OP, crazy crazy league
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 8:14]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 08:21 - Apr 28 with 759 viewsFunge

Blackpool are 4th, and we comfortably doubled them.
We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 09:17 - Apr 28 with 715 viewsArnieM

And most of those losses have come under the new manager and since the take over was announced with accompanying wholesale changes in staff . Make of that what you will.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 09:19 - Apr 28 with 702 viewsHerbivore

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 09:17 - Apr 28 by ArnieM

And most of those losses have come under the new manager and since the take over was announced with accompanying wholesale changes in staff . Make of that what you will.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "most", mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 09:20 - Apr 28 with 701 viewsBeckets

We’re the only team in League One whose matches have averaged less than 2 goals per game season to date. Dull.
Login to get fewer ads

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 09:22 - Apr 28 with 689 viewsBeckets

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 09:19 - Apr 28 by Herbivore

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "most", mate.

I suspect he might be an accountant.
We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 09:32 - Apr 28 with 674 viewshaynes_toe1

Plymouth
Fleetwood
Portsmouth
Wigan
Bristol Rovers
Rochdale
MKDons
Wimbledon
Charlton
Northampton
Wimbledon
Swindon
Shrewsbury
Fleetwood

That's absolutely criminal.
We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 09:42 - Apr 28 with 666 viewsclive_baker

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 09:17 - Apr 28 by ArnieM

We lost 33% of our games pre Cook, and 38% since. We've been sh1t for 2 years.

FWIW I'm frustrated at the way these last 13 games have panned out in particular, and the lack of bounce we've had under Cook. When he joined there seemed to be an acceptance of planning for next season among many, even on here, but we still had a really good chance to make something of this season and any thoughts beyond that should've waited. Bad performances happen, it's a league where all sides will lose games, but the extent of the substandard performances under Cook is completely unforgivable. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes, but I'm not sure he's played the cards brilliantly. He's clearly been trying to pacify a disgruntled fan base by calling out the players and giving hope for next season, but perhaps an arm around them and the promise of a new contract if promoted might've been a better way to go, even if he remained vague and non committal enough to go back on it. That, or just stop playing them if you 'don't like them'. To effectively tell the world these players are leaving, but still expect them to not down tools and get a performance out of them clearly isn't an effective strategy.

I think all we can do now though is let Cook get on with his demolition, which won't be a day too soon. I can't stand most of our squad, I can't wait to see the back of them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 09:55 - Apr 28 with 638 viewsTractorCam

Plymouth
Fleetwood
Portsmouth
Wigan
Bristol Rovers
Rochdale
MKDons
Wimbledon
Charlton
Northampton
Wimbledon
Swindon
Shrewsbury
Fleetwood

Shocking.

I know football isn't about the 'what if's' but just a few more goals, say 5 or 6 and we'd be in a totally different place.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 10:07 - Apr 28 with 614 viewsmonty_radio

Please don't go reminding the players that it's still mathematically possible as I couldn't bear yet another of them wheeled out to talk up the possibility. It feels like some like some captured spy denouncing his former employers in a staged interview with his captors standing just out of shot.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 11:24 - Apr 28 with 543 viewsstonojnr

Plymouth
Fleetwood
Portsmouth
Wigan
Bristol Rovers
Rochdale
MKDons
Wimbledon
Charlton
Northampton
Wimbledon
Swindon
Shrewsbury
Fleetwood

I still think it could be nearer 74/75 as that's the average unless those teams in the mix up there get all nervous

but I said back in January when lots were saying the season was all over etc, that was an absolutely achievable target but only if,and it was a big IF, Town started to do something they hadnt really achieved prior to that which was keep winning games consistently.

And of course we havent,and if anything regressed further away from that.

But yep we could easily finish this season and be left thinking if only we'd converted 4-5 games all season into wins, we could be comfortably in the playoffs

Maybe some of the players who seem to have given up making the effort might look back in later years and reflect on what a missed opportunity that was
We've lost 15(!) games this season... on 11:35 - Apr 28 with 508 viewsreusersfreekicks

Plymouth
Fleetwood
Portsmouth
Wigan
Bristol Rovers
Rochdale
MKDons
Wimbledon
Charlton
Northampton
Wimbledon
Swindon
Shrewsbury
Fleetwood

Sums it up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024