Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season tickets, some context 15:44 - Apr 28 with 1383 viewsBobbychase

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell

Season tickets, some context on 15:46 - Apr 28 with 1326 viewshype313

The people moaning about being hard done by, will be the same one's moaning about not signing anyone...

Poll: Where's Phil

Season tickets, some context on 15:46 - Apr 28 with 1321 viewsPhilTWTD

Ahem... that's in our story, second paragraph.

Season tickets, some context on 15:47 - Apr 28 with 1305 viewshype313

Season tickets, some context on 15:46 - Apr 28 by PhilTWTD

Yellow card or straight red?

Poll: Where's Phil

Season tickets, some context on 15:48 - Apr 28 with 1277 viewsclive_baker

Season tickets, some context on 15:47 - Apr 28 by hype313

Yellow card or straight red?

I was glad he shared. It's this sort of context that's really lacking from Phil's story IMO...

Poll: How do you feel about the statistical and analytical side of football?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Season tickets, some context on 15:49 - Apr 28 with 1269 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Good point.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Season tickets, some context on 15:50 - Apr 28 with 1262 viewsBobbychase

Sometimes you gotta tell the people more than once.

Or maybe ten times judging by some of the news comments.

Season tickets, some context on 15:50 - Apr 28 with 1252 viewsPhilTWTD

Season tickets, some context on 15:48 - Apr 28 by clive_baker

I was glad he shared. It's this sort of context that's really lacking from Phil's story IMO...

Ha!
Season tickets, some context on 15:51 - Apr 28 with 1235 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Season tickets, some context on 15:50 - Apr 28 by Bobbychase

I'll be honest, I missed it in Phil's article.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Season tickets, some context on 15:51 - Apr 28 with 1243 viewsPhilTWTD

Season tickets, some context on 15:50 - Apr 28 by Bobbychase

That is true. And it is a point which needs making. The more season tickets that are sold, the more can be spent on the squad wages-wise.
Season tickets, some context on 15:52 - Apr 28 with 1232 viewsxrayspecs

I believe that club owners can invest in the club - sell more shares to themselves - and that those monies raised would be counted as income for the purpose of FFP. Loans to the club, as per ME approach, do not count as income.
Season tickets, some context on 15:53 - Apr 28 with 1194 viewsPhilTWTD

Season tickets, some context on 15:52 - Apr 28 by xrayspecs

I believe that club owners can invest in the club - sell more shares to themselves - and that those monies raised would be counted as income for the purpose of FFP. Loans to the club, as per ME approach, do not count as income.

I think you're right: http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php
Season tickets, some context on 15:55 - Apr 28 with 1166 viewsBobbychase

Season tickets, some context on 15:46 - Apr 28 by hype313

The people moaning about being hard done by, will be the same one's moaning about not signing anyone...

As sure as night follows day.

Season tickets, some context on 16:01 - Apr 28 with 1111 viewsclive_baker

Season tickets, some context on 15:52 - Apr 28 by xrayspecs

I think that's a crucial difference between L1 and higher leagues, where it's much more strict and doesn't allow owners to inject cash' quite so freely. I mean it kind of makes sense, revenue is revenue I guess, however immoral it may seem to bend the rules, that's the owners prerogative. Burdening a club with debt to get around the rules clearly isn't sustainable and defeats the purpose.

Either way I do agree that ultimately, while the new owners will no doubt stomach a loss making concern for the foreseeable, the take up of season tickets will no doubt influence the level of investment this summer. Not least just giving them the confidence that the appetite is there. It's easy to sit here and say it, and people's circumstances are different, but I would really love it if loads of us put our money where our mouth is now ME has gone. Lets give the new owners the benefit of the doubt and look forward to a new season with some optimism. I'll be buying one for me and one for my old man.
[Post edited 28 Apr 16:16]

Poll: How do you feel about the statistical and analytical side of football?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Season tickets, some context on 16:01 - Apr 28 with 1108 viewsTieDyedIn95

Season tickets, some context on 15:46 - Apr 28 by hype313

I think the footballing world has got to understand we have tons of people out of work and between jobs who can't presently dump a few hundred quid in one go on football, whatever their feelings are towards the price. ST will be effected by all of this, the fact that rule is even still in place for L1 given the last year just shows you how detached they are.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961–62 - Runners-up (2): 1980–81, 1981–82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960–61, 1967–68, 1991–92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999–2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953–54, 1956–57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936–37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977–78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972–73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980–81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Season tickets, some context on 16:09 - Apr 28 with 1042 viewsBobbychase

Season tickets, some context on 16:01 - Apr 28 by clive_baker

I think that's a crucial difference between L1 and higher leagues, where it's much more strict and doesn't allow owners to inject cash' quite so freely. I mean it kind of makes sense, revenue is revenue I guess, however immoral it may seem to bend the rules, that's the owners prerogative. Burdening a club with debt to get around the rules clearly isn't sustainable and defeats the purpose.

Either way I do agree that ultimately, while the new owners will no doubt stomach a loss making concern for the foreseeable, the take up of season tickets will no doubt influence the level of investment this summer. Not least just giving them the confidence that the appetite is there. It's easy to sit here and say it, and people's circumstances are different, but I would really love it if loads of us put our money where our mouth is now ME has gone. Lets give the new owners the benefit of the doubt and look forward to a new season with some optimism. I'll be buying one for me and one for my old man.
[Post edited 28 Apr 16:16]

Agreed. We've got what we've been crying out for, over years.

No more Lambert, no more Evans, and new owners who have gone out of their way to engage with the fans.

It is important we put our money where our collective mouths have been for a while.

Season tickets, some context on 16:33 - Apr 28 with 921 viewsSWGF

Which is what I was trying to work through at the weekend

Away from the painful trudge towards the end of the season by SWGF 25 Apr 13:51
I think my question was more regulatory, and not necessarily Ipswich-specific.

If our owners wanted to to give away season tickets (or sell them for £100 each) they could. They've got the money to not miss that income. However, they *can't* because it will affect their ability to pay wages due to the lack of turnover. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Season tickets, some context on 16:35 - Apr 28 with 904 viewsGeorge03

big shirt sponsorship coming? Can gamechanger or one of their side business do it and flood money in that way? or would that be breaking rules.

Season tickets, some context on 16:39 - Apr 28 with 870 viewsxrayspecs

Season tickets, some context on 16:35 - Apr 28 by George03

big shirt sponsorship coming? Can gamechanger or one of their side business do it and flood money in that way? or would that be breaking rules.

No need. Owners are allowed to invest additional funds into the club to increase income and therefore what can be spent on wages. They would most likely do this by issuing new shares in the company, something that have said that they would do when they took charge.
Season tickets, some context on 16:50 - Apr 28 with 809 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Season tickets, some context on 16:35 - Apr 28 by George03

I'm not sure they have side businesses with the financial muscle to do that.

Poll: Would love to see one of our midfield contribute 10+ goals. Who is most likely.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021