Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity 10:15 - May 5 with 3763 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/france-jersey-uk-fishing-row-b184

They wouldn't really go through with that would they? Would be an ultra-aggressive, almost war-like move...

Is mr islander in? What do the locals reckon?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:44 - May 5 with 967 viewsclive_baker

I would take it with a pinch of salt tbh. Little more than political posturing.

While we're on the subject of France, how fecking revolting is foie gras? Aside from any ethical considerations, what a revolting thing it is. Weird bunch.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:59 - May 5 with 946 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:58 - May 5 by Keno

I must admit with what's happened with Covid and now this the States actually seem to be on the ball and know what they are doing!!

The cynical would say “more by luck than judgement” , although our Director of Public Health is brilliant, and at least the politicians have not questioned her.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:00 - May 5 with 942 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:02 - May 5 by WeWereZombies

Surely you have enough offshore wind farms to be sustainable and self sufficient for electricity? Call their bluff and let them switch the supply off and then wonder why it is having no effect.

We do not have any offshore wind farms in any of the Channel Islands.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:07 - May 5 with 931 viewsKeno

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:00 - May 5 by blueislander

Could you not fit blades to Les Hanois?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:10 - May 5 with 928 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:00 - May 5 by blueislander

Might be a good time to see to that, or are the locals deadset against?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:11 - May 5 with 925 viewsbluelagos

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:30 - May 5 by giant_stow

Yeah but on that scale? Maybe farage has made some similar 'we should' style statements, but have any of our ministers threatened to effectively bring down a society? Genuine question - my memory is crappy....

No, none of our politicians would ever suggest doing anything that stupid or vindictive.

https://www.joe.ie/news/theresa-may-priti-patel-651474

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:12 - May 5 with 924 viewsbluelagos

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:14 - May 5 by eireblue

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/priti-patel-ireland-food-shortage-no-deal-brex

You beat me to it.

Shameful suggestion from just about the worst member of our current government, and that's quite a competitive accolade.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:21 - May 5 with 921 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:07 - May 5 by Keno

Could you not fit blades to Les Hanois?

Might disturb the fish.
Login to get fewer ads

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:22 - May 5 with 919 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:10 - May 5 by giant_stow

Might be a good time to see to that, or are the locals deadset against?

Funnily enough it is not really discussed.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 13:57 - May 5 with 866 viewsChiefXL

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:44 - May 5 by clive_baker

I would take it with a pinch of salt tbh. Little more than political posturing.

While we're on the subject of France, how fecking revolting is foie gras? Aside from any ethical considerations, what a revolting thing it is. Weird bunch.

I object in the strongest possible terms

Food of the gods
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 13:57 - May 5 with 867 viewsDarth_Koont

Nothing to add to this but it gives me the chance to bring up a fun little fact that I found the other day.

We’re used to talking about football and rugby jerseys but in Australian rules their sleeveless shirts are called guernseys.

Pronouns: He/Him

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 13:58 - May 5 with 863 viewsWeWereZombies

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 13:57 - May 5 by Darth_Koont

Nothing to add to this but it gives me the chance to bring up a fun little fact that I found the other day.

We’re used to talking about football and rugby jerseys but in Australian rules their sleeveless shirts are called guernseys.

Well that seems a bit of a Sarky comment...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 14:13 - May 5 with 840 viewsjeera

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 12:22 - May 5 by blueislander

Funnily enough it is not really discussed.

Probably for the greater good.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 15:52 - May 5 with 815 viewsfactual_blue

You norfukkers don't even have electricity, let alone having your supply dug up.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 16:59 - May 5 with 782 viewsDarth_Koont

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 13:58 - May 5 by WeWereZombies

Well that seems a bit of a Sarky comment...

Steady on! I meant no Herm.

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 17:04 - May 5 with 772 viewsWeWereZombies

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 16:59 - May 5 by Darth_Koont

Steady on! I meant no Herm.

Sorry, I should have more respect for the Alderney...

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 17:08 - May 5 with 763 viewsDarth_Koont

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 17:04 - May 5 by WeWereZombies

Sorry, I should have more respect for the Alderney...

Alderney ken whit yur moanin aboot.

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 17:33 - May 5 with 749 viewsWeWereZombies

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 17:08 - May 5 by Darth_Koont

Alderney ken whit yur moanin aboot.

It's nae Norman

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 18:37 - May 5 with 706 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 17:33 - May 5 by WeWereZombies

It's nae Norman

Talks broken off without agreement , although some progress made. French fishermen facing bankruptcy apparently. Oddly the Jersey fishermen are not happy with the agreement made, and have sympathy with their counterparts. Unsurprisingly this appears to be purely political.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 19:01 - May 5 with 679 viewsKeno

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 18:37 - May 5 by blueislander

Talks broken off without agreement , although some progress made. French fishermen facing bankruptcy apparently. Oddly the Jersey fishermen are not happy with the agreement made, and have sympathy with their counterparts. Unsurprisingly this appears to be purely political.

Any truth in the rumour that Jersey had threatened to invade and the French have surrendered?

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:13 - May 5 with 635 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 19:01 - May 5 by Keno

Any truth in the rumour that Jersey had threatened to invade and the French have surrendered?

They are now contemplating an air bridge between us and them. However there is no intention to invade them.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:26 - May 5 with 629 viewsKeno

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:13 - May 5 by blueislander

They are now contemplating an air bridge between us and them. However there is no intention to invade them.

I see Aurigny have started flights to Gatwick again

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:29 - May 5 with 617 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:26 - May 5 by Keno

I see Aurigny have started flights to Gatwick again

2 a week. There were 20 pax on the first one.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:31 - May 5 with 615 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:29 - May 5 by blueislander

2 a week. There were 20 pax on the first one.

UK sending gunboats to “monitor” the situation. I’ll report if I hear gunfire.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:33 - May 5 with 613 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:31 - May 5 by blueislander

UK sending gunboats to “monitor” the situation. I’ll report if I hear gunfire.

I wonder if the French feel obliged to do the same?

Edit: now this news is out, I also wonder if the French fishing boats leave now to get there before the navy? Or does the French govt escape its mad moment and stops those boats (assuming it has the power to do so)
[Post edited 5 May 2021 20:47]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024