Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity 10:15 - May 5 with 3761 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/france-jersey-uk-fishing-row-b184

They wouldn't really go through with that would they? Would be an ultra-aggressive, almost war-like move...

Is mr islander in? What do the locals reckon?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:57 - May 5 with 591 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:33 - May 5 by giant_stow

I wonder if the French feel obliged to do the same?

Edit: now this news is out, I also wonder if the French fishing boats leave now to get there before the navy? Or does the French govt escape its mad moment and stops those boats (assuming it has the power to do so)
[Post edited 5 May 2021 20:47]

I don’t think the French fishermen give a flying f-ck what their government does.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 21:01 - May 5 with 582 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:57 - May 5 by blueislander

I don’t think the French fishermen give a flying f-ck what their government does.

Yes silly of me, fair point!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 21:13 - May 5 with 561 views26_Paz

They’d bottle it. Guaranteed.

The Paz Man

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 21:16 - May 5 with 561 viewsMeadowlark

Failing French electricity company EDF aren't involved in the proposed nuclear power white elephant being proposed for Sizewell, here on the Suffolk coast, are they?
That could be embarrassing.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 21:34 - May 5 with 538 viewssyntaxerror

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 21:13 - May 5 by 26_Paz

They’d bottle it. Guaranteed.

Of course they will, surrender monkey and all that
Lets get our battleships to torpedo a few of their fishing boats, that will learn em!

Rule Britannia, Britannia Waives the rules.

Boris is the new Churchill, Raab the new Nelson and Handcock the new Monty - lets put the EU back in its box like we did in 44!

Am I doin it right?
[Post edited 5 May 2021 21:35]
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 21:36 - May 5 with 526 views26_Paz

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 21:34 - May 5 by syntaxerror

Of course they will, surrender monkey and all that
Lets get our battleships to torpedo a few of their fishing boats, that will learn em!

Rule Britannia, Britannia Waives the rules.

Boris is the new Churchill, Raab the new Nelson and Handcock the new Monty - lets put the EU back in its box like we did in 44!

Am I doin it right?
[Post edited 5 May 2021 21:35]

Hmmm ... probably going a little too far if I’m honest with you. Admire the sentiment though.

The Paz Man

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 21:55 - May 5 with 505 viewssyntaxerror

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 21:36 - May 5 by 26_Paz

Hmmm ... probably going a little too far if I’m honest with you. Admire the sentiment though.

+1 for the sense of humour. That's a side of you we should see more often :)
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 22:05 - May 5 with 487 viewsGlasgowBlue

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:31 - May 5 by blueislander

UK sending gunboats to “monitor” the situation. I’ll report if I hear gunfire.

A fitting way to commentate the 200th anniversary of Napoleon’s death.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 22:24 - May 5 with 459 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Well my poll of where Johnson would send the first gunboat did not include a Jersey option so "Anywhere he damn well chooses" is declared the winner.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 22:30 - May 5 with 455 viewsHARRY10

Surely the answer for Jersey must be to sign a better deal outside of the EU..

Though it might not be tariff free as most electricity deals involve paying a tariff - it would mean that Liz Truss could fix up something with Australia, Japan or now even India - the later knowing all about electricity as they supply so many goods to Currys

Maybe Jersey could have a look on EUswitch, which shows you where you can get a better deal on many things... like selling fish* , or dairy goods

* though not where to catch them
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:58 - May 6 with 379 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 20:33 - May 5 by giant_stow

I wonder if the French feel obliged to do the same?

Edit: now this news is out, I also wonder if the French fishing boats leave now to get there before the navy? Or does the French govt escape its mad moment and stops those boats (assuming it has the power to do so)
[Post edited 5 May 2021 20:47]

Not often I get one right so forgive the bump!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1432444/france-UK-jersey-blockade-milita

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:11 - May 6 with 364 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

What’s Dudek done to upset the French?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 15:01 - May 6 with 319 viewsHARRY10

"French fishermen are saying that they’re coming tomorrow [Thursday] to blockade the harbour in time to stop the ferries from coming in so there’ll be no food supply and no fuel coming into the island either. So it comes pretty close to an act of war, this.”

The protests were in response to Jersey changing the terms of licences just before they were issued (a bit sneaky that).

The threat to cut off electricity was merely a response to a question asked, rather than it being a 'first strike' threat. I expect Jersey will back down, as the UK with brexit (see EU ambassador).

However looking at a couple of the rags which pander to their Sads Army readership they are in full little Englander rant spewing out hate and misinformation at a rate faster than Eric Pickles feeding his face at the buffet.

And after 40 years of this sort of stuff is it any wonder those of limited intellect have fallen into line, fulfilling their role as useful idiots.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 15:07 - May 6 with 308 viewsjeera

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:58 - May 6 by giant_stow

Not often I get one right so forgive the bump!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1432444/france-UK-jersey-blockade-milita

Tonight it will get dark.

Tomorrow is Friday.

I'll even post a link to a calendar tomorrow if I remember.

It's the French mate.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024