Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 17:19 - May 9 with 3519 viewsFromIpswichToPhoenix

I was at the Phoenix Rising game last night and watched a solid win. Up 3 - 0 at 60 mins. We started playing a bit more defensive until one of our wingers was denied a hat trick after being yanked back on his shirt and then we laid into them hard. Oakland are the Millwall/Leeds of South West America :)

And speaking of our winger Solomon Asante. The guy is 5'2" and I don't think I've seen anyone that fast in a very long time. He was easily getting his hat trick. He ran circles around them.

And someone recognized my Ipswich shirt!
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 17:20 - May 9 with 3313 viewswkj

Top stuff - Do you know if they have their hi-lights published?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 17:32 - May 9 with 3211 viewsFromIpswichToPhoenix

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 17:20 - May 9 by wkj

Here you go mate. The stadium was at 50% capacity. So about 5700 people. Completely sold out. The bleachers where the camera is has a second tier the other side doesn't have. There are still more seats going in once COVID restrictions are lifted. It was the first human thing I've done in a year. Felt good to get out.

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 17:39 - May 9 with 3155 viewswkj

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 17:32 - May 9 by FromIpswichToPhoenix

Here you go mate. The stadium was at 50% capacity. So about 5700 people. Completely sold out. The bleachers where the camera is has a second tier the other side doesn't have. There are still more seats going in once COVID restrictions are lifted. It was the first human thing I've done in a year. Felt good to get out.

Nice, there was some lovely long passes forwards from the back. I know 'hoofball' is not something we particularly like here - but it's never all bad if you have goals to go with it.

Although the crowd noise wasn't much, you could see they all love the club and enjoy the team. Cheers for sharing.

Crybaby

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 17:41 - May 9 with 3136 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 17:39 - May 9 by wkj

Nice, there was some lovely long passes forwards from the back. I know 'hoofball' is not something we particularly like here - but it's never all bad if you have goals to go with it.

Although the crowd noise wasn't much, you could see they all love the club and enjoy the team. Cheers for sharing.

Effective teams always mix up their passing. We ought to do that.

All the goals were down to some dreadful opposition defending there.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 17:51 - May 9 with 3070 viewsFromIpswichToPhoenix

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 17:39 - May 9 by wkj

The have the hardcore supporters section behind the goal on the right. They were loud. Drums, trumpets, chanting, smoke bombs etc... Not as much overall chanting as I'm used to, but the crowd was supportive.
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:13 - May 9 with 2983 viewsGeoffSentence

that goalkeeper. Comedy gold.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:15 - May 9 with 2969 viewsFromIpswichToPhoenix

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:13 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

Yeah. There were some howlers we capitalized on.
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:17 - May 9 with 2945 viewswkj

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:15 - May 9 by FromIpswichToPhoenix

Yeah. There were some howlers we capitalized on.

Reminds me a bit of this game.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:29 - May 9 with 2883 viewsXYZ

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:17 - May 9 by wkj

Reminds me a bit of this game.

Commentary by Alan Partridge if I'm not mistaken.
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:53 - May 9 with 2819 viewsunstableblue

What is the long term goal of Phoenix Rising?

With no promotion and relegation from/to MSL - they would have already been promoted if there was - is it a hoped for offer to get an MSL franchise if they get to a certain size and on pitch success?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 19:01 - May 9 with 2781 viewsEl_Fenix

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 17:20 - May 9 by wkj

You can watch a live stream in the UK (at 3.30 am on Sunday mornings ...)

https://www.abc15.com/cw61arizona/watch-phoenix-rising-2021-season-on-cw61-strea

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 20:19 - May 9 with 2640 viewsTheonlywayisup

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:13 - May 9 by GeoffSentence

He played 23 games for Oldham Athletic last season.
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 21:34 - May 9 with 2555 viewsEl_Fenix

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:53 - May 9 by unstableblue

With no promotion and relegation from/to MSL - they would have already been promoted if there was - is it a hoped for offer to get an MSL franchise if they get to a certain size and on pitch success?

Phoenix is a major US sports market, Because of this, PRFC is an attractive candidate for a future expansion of the MSL.

It's all about money. Oakland is also a major sports market. The Oakland Roots were founded 3 years ago and started playing in the National Independent Soccer Association, a third tier league, in 2019. After playing 10 games in that league, and accumulating a record of W2, D5, L3, they were admitted to the second-tier USL Championship at the beginning of this season. After losing 3-0 to Phoenix Rising FC last night, the Roots have a club lifetime record of W0, D0, L1 in the USL Championship.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 21:37 - May 9 with 2547 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think their aim is to become an effective feeder club for an English Premier League side.

I hope so anyway.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 21:48 - May 9 with 2524 viewsVic

Not sure I’ll be able to get used to the US commentary style! Eg, what is a ‘Transition’? Sounds like commentary for American Football.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 21:58 - May 9 with 2502 viewsfloridablue

I'm sure I read somewhere that they are hoping to be considered for the MLS expansion over the next few seasons. Phoenix are here in Florida next week playing the mighty Tampa bay Rowdies and I'm seriously thinking of driving across. Games due to kick off at 8pm which really rules out the 100 mile drive back after a few beers, so need to weigh up the costs of staying over. Certainly make sure there's a Town shirt on display there if we go!
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 22:26 - May 9 with 2451 viewsKropotkin123

The commentators, ha ha..... eg... ball bounces 3 times, then they shout "ON THE VOLLEY!!"... erm.

Like the flares for the first goal.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 02:30 - May 10 with 2315 viewsBonchosBicycle

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 21:58 - May 9 by floridablue

I'm sure I read somewhere that they are hoping to be considered for the MLS expansion over the next few seasons. Phoenix are here in Florida next week playing the mighty Tampa bay Rowdies and I'm seriously thinking of driving across. Games due to kick off at 8pm which really rules out the 100 mile drive back after a few beers, so need to weigh up the costs of staying over. Certainly make sure there's a Town shirt on display there if we go!

Don't Tampa Bay have an affiliation with the scum?

https://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news_article/show/990135-rowdies-and-norwich-city-
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 11:31 - May 10 with 2166 viewsfloridablue

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 02:30 - May 10 by BonchosBicycle

Don't Tampa Bay have an affiliation with the scum?

https://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news_article/show/990135-rowdies-and-norwich-city-

ffs! I had no idea. All the more reason to cheer for Phoenix Rising at next weeks game!
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:12 - May 10 with 2008 viewsFromIpswichToPhoenix

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 11:31 - May 10 by floridablue

ffs! I had no idea. All the more reason to cheer for Phoenix Rising at next weeks game!

Phoenix was in the final against Tampa last season, but Tampa backed out as half the team came down with COVID.
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 23:38 - May 10 with 1955 viewsfloridablue

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 18:12 - May 10 by FromIpswichToPhoenix

Phoenix was in the final against Tampa last season, but Tampa backed out as half the team came down with COVID.

Yes, I can recall Tampa squad having problems at the end of last season, but I had no idea they have a connection to our 'disliked' neighbours!! No longer will I show any interest.
Come on you Risings... this coming Saturday!
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 23:51 - May 10 with 1943 viewsBonchosBicycle

I'll probably watch the game if the abc Phoenix link works. With the season over in England it works out nicely still having some footy to watch and the season just started. Just got to get used to games being 8pm rather than 10am.
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 06:12 - May 11 with 1878 viewsbournemouthblue

Phoenix is a big city, if they can keep up the momentum, the crowds will sore?

I was looking at the Instagram followers of MLS clubs and there's a big disparity between some of the club's

LA Galaxy have well over a million followers, I believe LAFC who are linked to Phoenix Rising are fairly well followed compared to many other MLS Clubs, you then have someone like New York City FC (linked to Man City) and the rest are more in the 100 - 500k bracket besides Inter Miami who already have 1 million followers, in part due to David Beckham I would imagine?

It shows how popular these clubs can be though
[Post edited 11 May 2021 6:17]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 22:46 - May 14 with 1652 viewsFromIpswichToPhoenix

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 06:12 - May 11 by bournemouthblue

Phoenix is a big city, if they can keep up the momentum, the crowds will sore?

I was looking at the Instagram followers of MLS clubs and there's a big disparity between some of the club's

LA Galaxy have well over a million followers, I believe LAFC who are linked to Phoenix Rising are fairly well followed compared to many other MLS Clubs, you then have someone like New York City FC (linked to Man City) and the rest are more in the 100 - 500k bracket besides Inter Miami who already have 1 million followers, in part due to David Beckham I would imagine?

It shows how popular these clubs can be though
[Post edited 11 May 2021 6:17]

Phoenix Rising has over 62K and is growing weekly. Our new stadium has 10,000 capacity and is expected to cap once COVID restrictions lift on June 5th. Prior to COVID we'd sold out the past 23 games.
Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 23:29 - May 14 with 1604 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Phoenix Rising 3 - Oakland Roots 0 on 22:46 - May 14 by FromIpswichToPhoenix

Phoenix Rising has over 62K and is growing weekly. Our new stadium has 10,000 capacity and is expected to cap once COVID restrictions lift on June 5th. Prior to COVID we'd sold out the past 23 games.

Like the Ipswich rising logo :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024