Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears 11:18 - May 10 with 16515 viewsSwailsey

Phil has kindly said that he will pass this on.

A thread to thank Luke, Cole and Freddie for their services to town over the last few years.

All 3 were key parts of our play-off season, have given the best part of their careers to Ipswich and certainly could never be accused of giving less than 100%.

It would be nice if we could keep the comments positive please - the old saying of if you have nothing nice to say... would be appropriate here - it is the very least they deserve.

--------------------------------------------

My message:

Thanks to all 3 of you for your efforts at ITFC. You were a massive part of my favorite season in almost 20 years and have all given me some insanely good memories.

At a time where I felt disillusioned with the club after the journeyman years, your passion, commitment and honesty made me actually enjoy going to PR again.

You helped create great memories which were shared with friends (some of who are no longer with us), my Dad and strangers alike.

Some highlights:

Chambers:

1) Last minute winner vs QPR
2) The Noel Hunt interview
3) Making me feel proud of my team again and carrying the club so well
4) Being a bl**dy good CB (as well as playing well at RB), which is often forgotten
5) Being an excellent Assistant Manager on Football Manager

Skuse:

1) THAT goal against Cardiff
2) THAT GOAL AGAINST CARDIFF
3) All of the last-ditch-tracking-back-tackles when other players were out of position
4) A standout debut performance, where you looked effortlessly classy on the ball
5) Being an excellent Scout on Football Manager

Sears:

1) The perseverance for creating the play-off goal
2) The perseverance for creating the Chaplow goal
3) The day you tore Fulham apart

Thank you all. I hope to see you back in the club in some capacity in the future.

Finally, best wishes to all the other players and staff who have left/will leave the club this summer.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 22:56]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 08:16 - May 11 with 2525 viewstractor_lady

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 14:45 - May 10 by Edmundo

Definitely end of an era.
Chambers:
Skuse:
Sears:
Thanks for the memories, boys
[Post edited 10 May 2021 20:27]

Made me sad watching these - a time when we shone with quality! Love all 3 of these players but for me Chambers love for the team, the way he wore his heart on his sleeve and gave his all makes him a true legend....I don’t think he ever took to a manager the way he did with big mick!
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 08:27 - May 11 with 2516 viewsTractorgirlforever

I will really miss these 3 players, always been a huge fan of freddie, luke and cole have been huge influences at this club, ive been a fan for more than 40 years so im fortunate enough to remember the glory days, what great days, but to me what chambo has done for this club is just as legendary. Ive got so many pictures ive had taken with luke at away games when the players get off the coach, some players its heads down and head for the door where with luke he made a huge effort to sign autographs, have pictures taken, such a great person on and off the field.i would like to thank all 3 for the special memories, they will be really missed and i hope they all have great futures. It will be great to see chambo back here one day..thankyou to all of you and good luck x
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 09:07 - May 11 with 2497 viewsBasuco

Over the last few years Freddie, Cole and Chambo have been fantastic players, characters and role models for Ipswich Town, Freddie's goals and assist's, Coles interceptions and tackles and all round great defender, captain and leader in Chambo. It is so sad we cannot show our appreciation at Portman Road for you all and other players who are leaving the club. Hopefully at some point we will be able to but wish you all the very best in your career after ITFC.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 09:27 - May 11 with 2478 viewsDanTheMan

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:53 - May 10 by footers

Didn't someone make up a shirt in honour of Skusey's goal?

I did indeed. I've actually got a picture of Skuse holding one (thanks to Hoppy!), and I've got the t-shirt which I need to get framed or something at some point.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 09:30 - May 11 with 2474 viewsSwailsey

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 09:27 - May 11 by DanTheMan

I did indeed. I've actually got a picture of Skuse holding one (thanks to Hoppy!), and I've got the t-shirt which I need to get framed or something at some point.

Can you still get them? This thread may turn into a ££ for you!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 09:54 - May 11 with 2449 viewsMeenoITFC

I would like to say thank you to all three for the commitment they put into this club. Almost getting there under Mick McCarthy will be something I'll remember.

Chambo - I'm upset we didn't get one last fist pump. That would of been emotional.

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 10:05 - May 11 with 2442 viewsfooters

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 09:27 - May 11 by DanTheMan

Ah, nice! What did it read, Dan?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 10:32 - May 11 with 2429 viewsthorpedo

Three shining lights in 10 years of gloom. Good luck to all three in the future.
Maybe the Club can arrange a Testimonial/Farewell pre-season match (v Col U?!) - with the proceeds going to a charity(s) of the player's choice?

Thorpedo

Login to get fewer ads

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:35 - May 11 with 2386 viewssotd78

Three great professional footballers - think of all the pain and injuries and playing with cracked heads, cracked ribs and so many unseen knocks and bruises. Three good footballers who I think could/should have had another year at the club to perhaps see some better times. Perhaps if we had played Sears in his proper position; Chambers as a CB rather than years at RB. Who knows?
Anyway, all the best guys.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 12:23 - May 11 with 2353 viewsDanTheMan

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 09:30 - May 11 by Swailsey

Can you still get them? This thread may turn into a ££ for you!

You can indeed.

https://www.redbubble.com/i/magnet/I-was-there-when-Cole-Skuse-Scored-by-DANTHEM

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 12:37 - May 11 with 2338 viewsAJblue

I have since i was a small boy always put Town players on a pedestal, they have always been "my heroes" and even when things are not right on the pitch, I still hold them all with respect.

These 3 are no different and I feel have always given 100%, and have my respect and admiration.

A change is and was needed, all things come to an end.

May you be held in such respect at any new venture that you undetake, hopefully in my home town of Colchester!!

All the best guys.

Crecy

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 12:49 - May 11 with 2331 viewsSwailsey

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 12:23 - May 11 by DanTheMan

You can indeed.

https://www.redbubble.com/i/magnet/I-was-there-when-Cole-Skuse-Scored-by-DANTHEM

Hahaha lovely stuff. Will purchase later.

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 12:49 - May 11 with 2331 viewsbobbyramsey

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 08:16 - May 11 by tractor_lady

Made me sad watching these - a time when we shone with quality! Love all 3 of these players but for me Chambers love for the team, the way he wore his heart on his sleeve and gave his all makes him a true legend....I don’t think he ever took to a manager the way he did with big mick!

I know I'm in a small minority but I still believe that Freddie could do a job if played properly, but that's all in the past now......

Good luck and best wishes to all three of you guys.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 13:21 - May 11 with 2307 viewsChurchman

Thank you to Luke, Cole and Freddie. Proper Ipswich Town Football Club men who played with integrity throughout their time here.

LC: an abiding memory will be the look on his face doing the fist pump after the interview that followed the late win at Charlton. We waited for him until he’d got past the idiot of an interviewer for good reason. Not always played in his best position, but got on with it and always played with heart and soul. Halfway decent shot on him too, when he got the chance.

CS: timely interceptions. A week in week out player until injuries took their toll. A proper pro.

FS: that game at Fulham. I much preferred it what he was played in the centre. Quick and sharp with an eye for a goal when he first came to the club. Putting him out on the wing took a lot of Freddie’s game away for me. 203 appearances in 6 years.

Good luck for the future to all of you.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 13:29]
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:25 - May 11 with 2266 viewsmuccletonjoe

As supporters , we come to the ground to be as one with you on the pitch, I can remember a long way back with #itfc and all 3 of you gave me memories to go with the rest and the best. Good luck for the future lads, and I hope a little bit of you at least, will stay forever blue.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:30 - May 11 with 2258 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:53 - May 10 by footers

Didn't someone make up a shirt in honour of Skusey's goal?

I've got the shirt! "I was there when Cole Skuse scored" or something like that, written around his face that features a very wide grin!

Chambo, Cole, Freddie. Thank you. Thanks for all of the incredible work you've done for this club through a real rubbish time to be a supporter. 3 players who have, at times, been massively underrated by sections of not only our fanbase, but other fanbases too.
As someone that's only in my early 20s, Chambers was my first "favourite player". His passion, his work rate, his personality and professionalism exemplified everything I wanted to be as player growing up and everything I strive to get my players doing now that I've started my coaching journey.

Freddie - you were my first girlfriend's crush for the whole time we were together. Our first date was away at Fulham on that night that you scored after about 15 seconds. The way she turned and looked at me, jaw dropped, is an image that I'll never forget. To this day she's still got a signed photo that Jonny Ogle sorted for her for her birthday, and a signed ticket that I managed to get for her after an away trip in London.
For me personally, that play off season would never have been known as "the play off season" had we not signed you in January 2015. Your goals, your energy and your pace were absolutely vital and every time you got the ball I felt like something was about to happen. The goal you created away at Watford is a memory that I will never, ever forget. Thank you, Freddie.

Cole - whilst you've not played a great deal of football recently, what you did as a player on the pitch was absolutely vital. Your shielding, keeping it simple, it's what every team and every manager needs. The goal against Cardiff, the raking passes and trademark Cryuff turns will all be something every fan misses seeing in your absence. You've been a real big part of this clubs recent history. You'll be remembered fondly for your efforts off the pitch, getting involved with the community and being a genuinely good bloke to have at the club, who always had our best interests at heart.

It's a huge shame you didn't win promotion to either the Championship or the Premier League to mark what you've given to the club over your careers, and an even bigger shame that we couldn't be at Portman Road on Sunday to give you all the send off that you deserved. I genuinely wish all 3 of you the very, very best in the future and I hope we see you back at the club in some capacity. Cheers guys!
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 15:53 - May 11 with 2189 viewsnodge_blue

Luke. Great guy. Sort of person you want in your side and a leader in days when there seems to be less vocal players. I loved your passion and I know how much these last couple of seasons must have hurt you. We came so close a few years back. I really hope we never play against you. Especially as Colchester fans seem to hate Ipswich for some reason. But good luck for the future.

Cole. Good player. Always did the basics well. Never stopped trying. Good tackler. Good positionally. Anchor of the team. We need a younger version still. Good luck.

Freddie. Good striker for us to start. I think you got played wide far too often and it didn't suit you. But you always tried. Good luck for the future. You will always be welcome back at PR in my book.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 17:58]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 21:23 - May 11 with 2106 viewsEdwardF

People are defined not by what they say but by what they do,

And you, Luke Chambers, did it right from your first game for us to your last game for us.

The plaudits you are receiving are not just richly deserved they are long overdue.

My very best wishes to you and your family.

Edward

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:59 - May 12 with 1981 viewsSwailsey

Really glad that people has respected others wanting to pay their tributes here. Some lovely messages, thanks everyone.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 14:53]

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 19:21 - May 13 with 1799 viewsITFC_Forever

Chambo, Cole and Freddie,

Thanks for everything!

Genuine people who always did the best you could for the club, and as fans, that’s all we ask.... you were all a credit to the club and your families, on and off the pitch.

All the very best you you and your families for the future?

PS; The match after the famous Chambo F bomb away at Charlton, I was the one who got the “One F***ing Chambers” song going.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 21:45 - May 13 with 1778 viewsSwailsey

Oh! I forgot another Skuse one.

Anyone else remember the time a fan did a half time challenge from the SBRSL, then the steward wouldn’t let him back in? Skuse came over to try and make peace.

“Skusey, sort it out, Skusey Skusey sort it out”.

The poor steward then got pelters for the rest of the game.

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 21:04 - May 14 with 1641 viewslordsambuca

Chambo - Regardless of the clubs fortunes in your time here I will remember you as one fo the finest captains the club has ever had. You were brave and committed on the pitch and a complete role model and leader off it. I wish you all the best for the future and sure you will be successful in the rest of your playing career and expect you to come back as manager in the not too distant future.

Skusey - Probably one of the most underrated players to appear for town. You had to really appreciate football to recognise his contribution. All the best - another great role model.

Freddie - We desperately needed a player of your type when you arrived and you created a reall buzz. Never gave less than 100%. I am sure there is more to come.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 01:11 - May 15 with 1616 viewsSitfcB

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 21:45 - May 13 by Swailsey

Oh! I forgot another Skuse one.

Anyone else remember the time a fan did a half time challenge from the SBRSL, then the steward wouldn’t let him back in? Skuse came over to try and make peace.

“Skusey, sort it out, Skusey Skusey sort it out”.

The poor steward then got pelters for the rest of the game.

Ha the stewards even got booed the next game.

I remember there being a bit in the paper about it so googled and found this state he video of the story voiced out haha

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 04:13 - May 15 with 1602 viewsSwailsey

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 01:11 - May 15 by SitfcB

Ha the stewards even got booed the next game.

I remember there being a bit in the paper about it so googled and found this state he video of the story voiced out haha

“Let’s block ads! (Why?)”

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:23 - May 15 with 1585 viewsskankerman

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024