Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More gone including nydam 18:03 - May 10 with 3158 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

More gone including nydam on 18:18 - May 10 with 651 viewsBeckets

More gone including nydam on 18:08 - May 10 by pointofblue

Maybe Cook doesn’t feel Nydam has recovered from his injury sufficiently to warrant an extension? Odd as wouldn’t he count as under 21 for next season? He isn’t 22 until November.

Worth noting who isn’t included on that list - Nsiala and Bishop.

Nydam would have counted as an over 21 for EFL squad purposes next season so it made him vulnerable. I’m guessing that Cook sees that he has a number of central midfielders in front of Nydam and Kenlock already here as back up at left back. Morris is in the same position as Nydam age wise.
More gone including nydam on 18:18 - May 10 with 644 viewswkj

More gone including nydam on 18:16 - May 10 by PhilTWTD

Think the options have been taken on the other seniors. I gather Bishop's appearances triggered another year.

RE Nydam - Do you know anything about if this is him being told he is not needed, or if it was a decision that Nydam made himself? With him catching Cook's eye, I can't have thought he'd have binned him off without some kind of an offer.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

More gone including nydam on 18:19 - May 10 with 627 viewsSpruceMoose

Reading Phil's article, it blows my mind that Huws is still only 27. Feel like he's been around forever. We must have given him a longer contract than Lambert!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More gone including nydam on 18:19 - May 10 with 627 viewsitfctilidie

More gone including nydam on 18:14 - May 10 by saffers12

Totally fed up with Nydam going , really shocked

6 first team appearances in the last 3 years which include an unimpressive spell at St Johnstone - albeit he has had a serious injury which has limited his game time- but I don't think its too much of a shock. He needs to go and play games to make a career for himself, we are going to be bringing in players so it makes sense to me.

As mentioned above maybe we offered a year and he refused, or maybe Cook just looks at the last 3 years and would rather a trusted reliable player than a risky one
More gone including nydam on 18:20 - May 10 with 625 viewsDanTheMan

Real shame about Nydam, actually thought he looked decent when he got his game. Would have loved to have seen him as at the very least backup next season, but good luck to him either way.

Not surprised or that sad about the other three. Sears a little, he's been here a while but he's not played too well for us for quite a while now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

More gone including nydam on 18:20 - May 10 with 620 viewsParky

More gone including nydam on 18:15 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

To be honest, he's featured so rarely, and done so little, would he even deserve an announcement!? If people didn't mention him every now and then I'd forget he existed!

He’s featured more than Tristan Nydam this season, that’s generous saying “played”.

Genuinely one of the worst strikers I’ve seen play for Ipswich, I’d be extremely disappointed if he’s offered a new deal and takes a spot in what has to be a very small, restricted squad for next season.

Edit - Just seen it announced he’s been offered a new deal. That’s piss poor imo.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 18:21]
More gone including nydam on 18:21 - May 10 with 606 viewsBeckets

More gone including nydam on 18:18 - May 10 by saffers12

Drinan, Lankester?

Lankester is contracted already.
More gone including nydam on 18:21 - May 10 with 588 viewspositivity

More gone including nydam on 18:18 - May 10 by saffers12

Drinan, Lankester?

lankester's under contract

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

More gone including nydam on 18:22 - May 10 with 585 viewsSpruceMoose

More gone including nydam on 18:20 - May 10 by Parky

He’s featured more than Tristan Nydam this season, that’s generous saying “played”.

Genuinely one of the worst strikers I’ve seen play for Ipswich, I’d be extremely disappointed if he’s offered a new deal and takes a spot in what has to be a very small, restricted squad for next season.

Edit - Just seen it announced he’s been offered a new deal. That’s piss poor imo.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 18:21]

Agreed. I find it impossible to believe we can't upgrade the role of backup, backup, backup striker.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

More gone including nydam on 18:28 - May 10 with 528 viewspositivity

More gone including nydam on 18:18 - May 10 by wkj

RE Nydam - Do you know anything about if this is him being told he is not needed, or if it was a decision that Nydam made himself? With him catching Cook's eye, I can't have thought he'd have binned him off without some kind of an offer.

haven't we got an option on nydam? sounds like it's an itfc call, not a nydam one

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

More gone including nydam on 18:29 - May 10 with 513 viewsRandall

More gone including nydam on 18:28 - May 10 by positivity

haven't we got an option on nydam? sounds like it's an itfc call, not a nydam one

2 matches in 3 years - if we want promotion, we can't be carrying anyone anymore. At certain points in the last few years, we seem to have had a whole midfield out long-term injured.
More gone including nydam on 18:44 - May 10 with 456 viewsMullet

More gone including nydam on 18:16 - May 10 by PhilTWTD

Think the options have been taken on the other seniors. I gather Bishop's appearances triggered another year.

Mystic Ham strikes again

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

More gone including nydam on 18:45 - May 10 with 451 viewsChrisd

Really surprised by the Nydam decision, especially after PC’s comments about his attitude. This is just me, but there’s still too many being kept on that should’ve been moved out the door. Nydam would’ve been one of those I would’ve kept to see how he goes next season, but I’m not PC.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

More gone including nydam on 18:49 - May 10 with 440 viewsPhilTWTD

More gone including nydam on 18:18 - May 10 by wkj

Just don't think he sees him getting in his team and given his injuries not a lot of transfer value as it stands.

El Mizouni is probably in the same position other than there having been interest in him and probably some value. I know Brentford were keen.
I've got a feeling... on 18:50 - May 10 with 430 viewsScottCandage

...that Cook was forced to make a decision between retaining El Mizouni or Nydam in the midfield. With El Mizouni being a more forward player, and Dozzell and Downes more defensive, and Nydam's strength being more on the defensive side, a more balanced midfield sort of made PC's choice for him.

I am saddened because I really think Nydam will become successful, but sadly it won't be for us.
More gone including nydam on 07:58 - May 11 with 322 viewsChurchman

More gone including nydam on 18:29 - May 10 by Randall

2 matches in 3 years - if we want promotion, we can't be carrying anyone anymore. At certain points in the last few years, we seem to have had a whole midfield out long-term injured.

Huws 31 appearances in 4 seasons, Nolan 61 in 3 seasons and Bishop’s injury record (better this season), maybe we’ve had too many midfielders not playing enough games. You can only keep so many long term injury ridden players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024