Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinan staying........ 18:21 - May 10 with 2293 viewsBloots

....the banter era continues.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Drinan staying........ on 18:43 - May 10 with 713 views44_not_out

Drinan staying........ on 18:38 - May 10 by Guthrum

I think Nsiala is likely to be a first team starter next season. Ball-playing centre backs are all very well, but how many of them actually exist at League One level - and are they any good at actually defending?

It's probably very useful to have someone on the pitch whose reading of the game and positioning means he is almost always there to block dangerous shots. Which he does do, often several times per game.

Wow

‘Reading of the game’ and ‘Positioning’ are not qualities I would necessarily attribute to Toto

I do remember the time he came on as sub late in the game in the Championship and headed the ball when it was on the ground..... that’s about it in terms of qualities

I would rather had a 37 year old Chambers for another season
[Redacted] on 18:48 - May 10 with 687 viewsvictorywilhappen

Drinan staying........ on 18:22 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

Mangers named Paul from Merseyside... we've been burned before. Just sayin'!
[Post edited 10 May 2021 18:23]

[Redacted]
Drinan staying........ on 18:52 - May 10 with 672 viewsParky

Drinan staying........ on 18:40 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

I wouldn't worry too much. We aren't going to be building our first eleven around him. He'll be on peanuts. He'll be a squad player, often not even making the bench. Maybe he does an excellent job of putting out the cones during training. Maybe he will come on in the last game of the season and score a goal off his arse and get us promoted. And if he is playing regularly, then chance are he'll have been playing pretty well.

More likely though, our success next year isn't impacted in the slightest whether Drinan stays or goes.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 18:42]

” More likely though, our success next year isn't impacted in the slightest whether Drinan stays or goes.” - Whilst that’s probably right, as things stand there is to be a cap for the coming season only being allowed to have a squad of 20. Aaron Drinan takes up one of those spots if I am correct.

Link here on how it is being challenged by the PFA: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/1226939
Drinan staying........ on 18:52 - May 10 with 667 viewsSpruceMoose

[Redacted] on 18:48 - May 10 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Yeah, I was joking mate.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Drinan staying........ on 18:53 - May 10 with 661 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinan staying........ on 18:52 - May 10 by Parky

” More likely though, our success next year isn't impacted in the slightest whether Drinan stays or goes.” - Whilst that’s probably right, as things stand there is to be a cap for the coming season only being allowed to have a squad of 20. Aaron Drinan takes up one of those spots if I am correct.

Link here on how it is being challenged by the PFA: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/1226939

Why assume he will part of the squad?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Drinan staying........ on 18:55 - May 10 with 651 viewsParky

Drinan staying........ on 18:53 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

Why assume he will part of the squad?

Why would you extend somebody’s deal and pay them every week to not be in the squad? It’s not like we will be selling Drinan for anything more than a packet of crisps.
Drinan staying........ on 18:56 - May 10 with 646 viewsreusersfreekicks

Drinan staying........ on 18:29 - May 10 by TractorFrog

I'm pleased that Aaron Drinan is staying, but I think he should be loaned to league 2.

So what is the point?
Drinan staying........ on 18:57 - May 10 with 628 viewsJ2BLUE

Drinan staying........ on 18:56 - May 10 by reusersfreekicks

So what is the point?

If he goes out and lights the division up then he's already our player with no fee and we can likely offer him a better deal than our rivals.

This is the business sense we've been crying out for isn't it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Drinan staying........ on 18:58 - May 10 with 625 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinan staying........ on 18:55 - May 10 by Parky

Why would you extend somebody’s deal and pay them every week to not be in the squad? It’s not like we will be selling Drinan for anything more than a packet of crisps.

I just can't get excited about it. Maybe he will be loaned out. Maybe he will come on for the last ten minutes of every other match and run about a bit. Nobody knows. 'm happy to accept that Cook has some kind of plan, that Drinan is somehow a part of it, and I'll just wait and see what it is before getting worked up about it.

Drinan staying........ on 18:59 - May 10 with 621 viewsJamestownPrince

In the 1980's I watched a load of lower league football as I was born and grew up in Carlisle.

Drinan from what I have seen would have been a number 12 or 14 (sub) for Carlisle, Maidstone, Halifax or any other perennial Division 4 struggler .....

Apart from 20 mins at home to Wigan (before he got injured), I have yet to see more than a Non league player in him.
Drinan staying........ on 19:02 - May 10 with 607 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinan staying........ on 18:59 - May 10 by JamestownPrince

In the 1980's I watched a load of lower league football as I was born and grew up in Carlisle.

Drinan from what I have seen would have been a number 12 or 14 (sub) for Carlisle, Maidstone, Halifax or any other perennial Division 4 struggler .....

Apart from 20 mins at home to Wigan (before he got injured), I have yet to see more than a Non league player in him.

The thing is, Cook clearly does has some kind of plan in regards to Drinan. I'm still comfortably at the stage where Imma just be patient and see what it is.

Drinan staying........ on 19:09 - May 10 with 595 views44_not_out

Drinan staying........ on 18:29 - May 10 by TractorFrog

I'm pleased that Aaron Drinan is staying, but I think he should be loaned to league 2.

Great idea, pay 50 - 75% of his wages for him to sit on Crawley’s bench. Good grief
Drinan staying........ on 20:04 - May 10 with 560 viewsreusersfreekicks

Drinan staying........ on 18:57 - May 10 by J2BLUE

If he goes out and lights the division up then he's already our player with no fee and we can likely offer him a better deal than our rivals.

This is the business sense we've been crying out for isn't it?

No
Drinan staying........ on 20:19 - May 10 with 543 viewsfranz_tyson

Drinan staying........ on 18:38 - May 10 by Guthrum

I think Nsiala is likely to be a first team starter next season. Ball-playing centre backs are all very well, but how many of them actually exist at League One level - and are they any good at actually defending?

It's probably very useful to have someone on the pitch whose reading of the game and positioning means he is almost always there to block dangerous shots. Which he does do, often several times per game.

Then why was he benchwarming whilst McGuinness took his place at CB?

Toto’s fine if backs to the wall defending is required. When the game gets stretched, he gets turned so easily and then goes to pieces.
Drinan staying........ on 20:28 - May 10 with 531 viewsTrumptonBlue

Drinan staying........ on 20:19 - May 10 by franz_tyson

Then why was he benchwarming whilst McGuinness took his place at CB?

Toto’s fine if backs to the wall defending is required. When the game gets stretched, he gets turned so easily and then goes to pieces.

Maybe Cook had seen enough of Toto to know he wanted to keep him, and wanted to look at McGuinness to see if he was worth bringing back if that was an option.
Drinan staying........ on 20:40 - May 10 with 514 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The message I think this sends is that if you work hard there is a future for you. I wonder if he will be an option for closing games out or whether Cook believes he can coach him to score goals.

I was a little disappointed about Nydam as well as surprised about Drinan. However, we already have a lot of midfield players so maybe it was case of just one too many bodies to keep Nydam on.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024