Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinan - a theory 19:06 - May 10 with 3386 viewsJ2BLUE

Sorry to make a new thread but the message isn't being received in the other threads.

Drinan is probably on peanuts. We've extended his contract by one year. Many seem to think he's going to be one of our main options next season. I'm only speculating but we could have kept him to loan him out for the season.

Why bother?

If he goes out on loan and does really well he will still be our player. While that might be meaningless, it does mean they'll be no fee and we'll be in the driving seat to offer him a new deal. If he does really well in league two we will probably be comfortably able to offer him more money than other clubs and still have him be a low earner here. IF we go up and he gets a new deal here then we could loan him to league one. It's a low risk investment. We've had 14 years bemoaning the lack of business acumen from the club.

Let's wait and see where this is going before losing our minds. Even if he stays I would imagine it's in addition to several new strikers. I'd be amazed if we went with Norwood, new striker, Hawkins and Drinan. Chill out people.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 19:08]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Drinan - a theory on 19:08 - May 10 with 2932 viewsDanTheMan

I do get what you're saying but it's based on the condition he's off on loan.

I'm more concerned he's not.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

[Redacted] on 19:09 - May 10 with 2916 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Drinan - a theory on 19:09 - May 10 with 2903 viewsSpruceMoose

"Let's wait and see where this is going before losing our minds."

For the more emotionally flamboyant among us, this is the real take away that you need to get your heads around.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Drinan - a theory on 19:10 - May 10 with 2893 viewschrismakin

Drinan - a theory on 19:08 - May 10 by DanTheMan

And the fact to go on loan you need a club to take you.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Drinan - a theory on 19:10 - May 10 with 2888 viewsbluefunk

He could also be there to provide some bargaining power on a swap, as in sell us player x and you can have Drinan as part of the deal. FWIW I think Jackson is also retained for that.

I also expect that several of those on contracts will be told to find another club, eg Hawkins,
Drinan - a theory on 19:10 - May 10 with 2879 viewsJ2BLUE

Drinan - a theory on 19:08 - May 10 by DanTheMan

We'll have to wait and see. As I said, even if he isn't, i'd be expecting two more strikers to come in anyway.

Truly impaired.

Drinan - a theory on 19:11 - May 10 with 2858 viewsDanTheMan

Drinan - a theory on 19:10 - May 10 by J2BLUE

We'll have to wait and see. As I said, even if he isn't, i'd be expecting two more strikers to come in anyway.

Yeah, we've got a whole summer for more stuff to pan out. Just surprised he's one of those being retained, fully expected him to go.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Drinan - a theory on 19:12 - May 10 with 2829 viewschrismakin

Drinan - a theory on 19:10 - May 10 by J2BLUE

Depends how quick that's done

If we sign other players first. There might not be a squad place available for 2 new strikers.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Drinan - a theory on 19:12 - May 10 with 2832 viewsJ2BLUE

Drinan - a theory on 19:10 - May 10 by chrismakin

And the fact to go on loan you need a club to take you.

Someone will take him.

Truly impaired.

Drinan - a theory on 19:17 - May 10 with 2748 viewsIllinoisblue

Good reminder that it’s only May 10 and no need to piss the bed just yet. If it’s August 10th and we’re starting the season with Drinan up top because Norwood is injured again, then it will be time to make a fuss.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Drinan - a theory on 19:17 - May 10 with 2739 viewsMattinLondon

I doubt if he will go on loan next season before Christmas. He will be viewed as a backup option and will probably only play in cup games. Likely that Hawkins will be told that we will listen to offers for him as will Jackson.
Drinan - a theory on 19:17 - May 10 with 2734 viewsJ2BLUE

Drinan - a theory on 19:12 - May 10 by chrismakin

Depends how quick that's done

If we sign other players first. There might not be a squad place available for 2 new strikers.

So you leave Drinan out. What's he going to be on? £2k a week? It's a gamble that could cost us about £50k if it goes wrong and £100k if it goes totally wrong.

I would imagine we already know of interest to give him this new deal.

Truly impaired.

Drinan - a theory on 19:18 - May 10 with 2700 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinan - a theory on 19:17 - May 10 by Illinoisblue

Good reminder that it’s only May 10 and no need to piss the bed just yet. If it’s August 10th and we’re starting the season with Drinan up top because Norwood is injured again, then it will be time to make a fuss.

Maybe Norwood will be (day)released at that point if his attitude doesn't improve...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Drinan - a theory on 19:19 - May 10 with 2701 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Drinan - a theory on 19:10 - May 10 by bluefunk

He could also be there to provide some bargaining power on a swap, as in sell us player x and you can have Drinan as part of the deal. FWIW I think Jackson is also retained for that.

I also expect that several of those on contracts will be told to find another club, eg Hawkins,

Bargaining power on a swap...priceless. He’s rubbish.

Poll: Our final position

Drinan - a theory on 19:20 - May 10 with 2673 viewsWeWereZombies

Learning a lesson from the tale of Kieffer Moore?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Drinan - a theory on 19:28 - May 10 with 2596 viewsJ2BLUE

Drinan - a theory on 19:17 - May 10 by Illinoisblue

Exactly, today was the opening moves on the board. The real game starts when the window opens.

Truly impaired.

Drinan - a theory on 19:32 - May 10 with 2542 viewsJakeITFC

It’s a weird one because the squad places are finite in this division and he has proven to not be very good.

Given we were promised major upheaval it has to be a worrying current state of play that we have four central forwards now contracted for next season.
Drinan - a theory on 19:36 - May 10 with 2483 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Drinan - a theory on 19:20 - May 10 by WeWereZombies

Learning a lesson from the tale of Kieffer Moore?

Keiffer Moore was one of the top scorers in league 1 when we sold him!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Drinan - a theory on 19:36 - May 10 with 2469 viewsGuthrum

Drinan - a theory on 19:32 - May 10 by JakeITFC

It’s a weird one because the squad places are finite in this division and he has proven to not be very good.

Given we were promised major upheaval it has to be a worrying current state of play that we have four central forwards now contracted for next season.

I can't see anything in the EFL rules which limits numbers in competitions outside the League. Two of them are not even run by the EFL.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Drinan - a theory on 19:38 - May 10 with 2443 viewsJakeITFC

Drinan - a theory on 19:36 - May 10 by Guthrum

I can't see anything in the EFL rules which limits numbers in competitions outside the League. Two of them are not even run by the EFL.

I’d be surprised if we were giving contracts out for a cup side!
Drinan - a theory on 20:03 - May 10 with 2306 viewsGuthrum

Drinan - a theory on 19:38 - May 10 by JakeITFC

I’d be surprised if we were giving contracts out for a cup side!

If they're cheap enough, why not? If it means our main strikers can be rested, is it such a bad idea?

Players can be swapped in and out of the 20 (subject to EFL approval) even outside transfer windows. So he could be around as cover, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Drinan - a theory on 20:07 - May 10 with 2279 viewsclive_baker

I think people are over thinking it. The bloke’s probably on £40k a year, there’s little harm in keeping him on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Drinan - a theory on 22:24 - May 10 with 1985 viewsWeWereZombies

Drinan - a theory on 19:36 - May 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

Keiffer Moore was one of the top scorers in league 1 when we sold him!!

But not for us in the Championship...

Drinan - a theory on 09:47 - May 11 with 1598 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Drinan - a theory on 22:24 - May 10 by WeWereZombies

But not for us in the Championship...

...what relevance does that have?

No similarity between Drinan and Moore situations.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Drinan - a theory on 09:54 - May 11 with 1548 viewsWeWereZombies

Drinan - a theory on 09:47 - May 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

...what relevance does that have?

No similarity between Drinan and Moore situations.

Well, they are both football players. Both attackers actually. Hey, they both played for Ipswich...

It is true that Drinan is somewhat behind Moore in the stage of development he is at compared to where Moore was but more than one manager has seen something there. I can agree with you in that Drinan has not set things alight yet in the [edit - way] Moore proved to do. But they were plenty on this forum who regarded Moore as a damp squib when he was on Town's books.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 10:03]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024