Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the Best Freddie 18:49 - May 11 with 931 viewsKropotkin123

Not sure if this has been posted. Just came up in my feed.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

All the Best Freddie on 18:55 - May 11 with 893 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Like that.
Easy to forget at the moment just how good he could be.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

All the Best Freddie on 18:57 - May 11 with 885 viewsBlueySwede

I have almost forgot how pacy he was in the beginning for us, I thought he would develop further. My feeling is he never quite reached his full potential.
All the Best Freddie on 19:04 - May 11 with 859 viewsSteve_M

Yes, there seems to be this myth that Sears stole a living in his time here but he was excellent at times especially in his first year here. Even when the goals weren't going in he contributed a lot as a wide player, he made a lot of goals over the years. Right up until he got inured in 18-19 he was still a threat, just a shame he's not been able to properly recover from that.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 19:14]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

All the Best Freddie on 19:08 - May 11 with 838 viewsMullet

All the Best Freddie on 19:04 - May 11 by Steve_M

Yes, there seems to be this myth that Sears stole a living in his time here but he was excellent at times especially in his first year here. Even when the goals weren't going in he contributed a lot as a wide player, he made a lot of goals over the years. Right up until he got inured in 18-19 he was still a threat, just a shame he's not been able to properly recover from that.

That goal at Villa park is one of my favourites of recent seasons. Thunderbastard.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

All the Best Freddie on 19:16 - May 11 with 800 viewsSteve_M

All the Best Freddie on 19:08 - May 11 by Mullet

That goal at Villa park is one of my favourites of recent seasons. Thunderbastard.

Yep, was worth standing in the rain for. The first goal against Bristol City earlier that season, after Skuse's excellent crossfield pass, was really good too. If only we hadn't had an absolute mare at the back that night.

All the Best Freddie on 19:52 - May 11 with 739 viewswkj

Srikers that rely on pace generally start to peak around 27, so there is little doubt that Freddy's decline was very much a product of his decline in pace.

The lad could score from some utterly ridiculous angles and often he would light a fire in himself when other players began to drop their heads. A shame he has to be remembered with as much negativity as he did at the end, as he really was a fun player to watch.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

All the Best Freddie on 21:06 - May 11 with 681 viewsronnyd

Totally ruined by the Dino. Thanks Freddie.
All the Best Freddie on 22:01 - May 11 with 633 viewsBiGDonnie

Who put him out wide?

Ruined him.

Top boy Freddie, always happy to see his name on the team sheet.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

All the Best Freddie on 22:29 - May 11 with 596 viewsdavblue

All the Best Freddie on 19:04 - May 11 by Steve_M

I preferred him out wide I have to say.

All that stuff about Mick ruined him was rubbish imo, he was riding on a crest of a wave that first season then he was found out. He wasn’t a fantastic finisher, he wasted a lot of chances and was pretty one dimensional but he’s been a decent player for us.
All the Best Freddie on 07:48 - May 12 with 509 viewsSteve_M

All the Best Freddie on 22:29 - May 11 by davblue

I preferred him out wide I have to say.

All that stuff about Mick ruined him was rubbish imo, he was riding on a crest of a wave that first season then he was found out. He wasn’t a fantastic finisher, he wasted a lot of chances and was pretty one dimensional but he’s been a decent player for us.

His best position was wide in a front three in my opinion, not clinical enough - 2015 aside - to play as a striker but a tremendous work rate and a good crosser of the ball.

All the Best Freddie on 09:44 - May 12 with 398 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've only just realsed that Brenner sounds just like Alan Partridge
[Post edited 12 May 2021 9:45]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024