Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really hope we hear from the club soon 11:01 - May 13 with 1558 viewsVic

And that they explain exactly what and why the current decisions are being made. We’re all speculating and it’s tough when respected posters like Joe sound so concerned.

After the silence of the Evans era I think it would help us all for Cook and O’Leary to come and talk us through the thinking of these player releases, the way they were told, and also the plan for recruitment. Such a conversation would save many of us a huge amount of angst!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:21 - May 13 with 1337 viewsGuthrum

However, the processes are likely to still be ongoing. Thus it might not be fair to come out and say too much at this stage. Especially as there are no doubt sensitive personal and commercial decisions being made.

Things may not be set in stone regarding those who were told they can look at other clubs, either.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:22 - May 13 with 1327 viewsJakeITFC

Why the decisions are being made? We are mid-table in League One!
I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:25 - May 13 with 1300 viewsOsborneOneNil

Joe is a nice bloke, with some decent views, but there's no need to freak out as Joe is concerned. That's his opinion. Plenty of posters are keen on the change that is coming, and seeing how we have performed in the last 3+ years it's hard to argue it isn't needed.
I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:25 - May 13 with 1297 viewsmattrolow

This is one of the most unrealistic hopes I have seen, which says a lot for this board.

We have to trust the people and trust the process. There's not much they can say with being respectful to those players and because even those that have been told can leave doesn't mean they will.

We don't want to show our hand to other teams either, just let them get on with it behind the scenes and trust.
I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:26 - May 13 with 1282 viewsOsborneOneNil

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:25 - May 13 by mattrolow

This is one of the most unrealistic hopes I have seen, which says a lot for this board.

We have to trust the people and trust the process. There's not much they can say with being respectful to those players and because even those that have been told can leave doesn't mean they will.

We don't want to show our hand to other teams either, just let them get on with it behind the scenes and trust.

Exactly.
I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:28 - May 13 with 1272 viewsCoco

Why does Joe's opinion carry any weight FFS? He is just spouting opinion like the rest of us. He has gone into a bizarre ill-informed meltdown.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:35 - May 13 with 1222 viewsjayessess

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:25 - May 13 by mattrolow

Doubt we could do anything more likely "show our hand to other teams" than telling the entire first team squad to clear out and find another club.

Might as well ring round every club chairman and player agent in the country and tell them we're desperate to sell and desperate to buy.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:36 - May 13 with 1218 viewsRegencyBlue

Why are the decisions being taken?

Because this lot have failed miserably in a Championship relegation season and two Third Division campaigns producing the worst football I’ve witnessed in close on 50 years as a supporter, that’s why!

They have had their chances and blown it big style. Just because some came through our Academy doesn’t give them a ‘pass’ for the clear out.
Login to get fewer ads

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:37 - May 13 with 1215 viewsVic

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:28 - May 13 by Coco

Why does Joe's opinion carry any weight FFS? He is just spouting opinion like the rest of us. He has gone into a bizarre ill-informed meltdown.

Because he has as close a connection to what’s going on as anyone on here. He’s usually pretty measured in his reactions. However, I do think he’s being overly cautious on this. He was pretty vocal about Lambert needing to go and very supportive of Cooks appointment. I think I’m right in saying that he thought we needed serious surgery as a club. So his reaction now it’s happening is odd.

However, it does all have a sense of Paul Hurst about it - total scorched earth. I think Cook is much better placed to pull it off because he has experience in this and he won’t be buying from Div 2 and the conference! I fully expect him to be getting in what he thinks are immediate upgrades in every position;.

It’s high risk, but we can’t actually be worse than we were before (as happened with Hurst). The worst that can reasonably happen is that we remain a mid table Div 1 team and Cook gets the sack!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:38 - May 13 with 1195 viewsmattrolow

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:35 - May 13 by jayessess

Doubt we could do anything more likely "show our hand to other teams" than telling the entire first team squad to clear out and find another club.

Might as well ring round every club chairman and player agent in the country and tell them we're desperate to sell and desperate to buy.

One thing press speculation, another thing the club coming out and saying it.

Especially as there will be players who don't go, so there's no point killing them off in public when they're going to be with us.
I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:41 - May 13 with 1137 viewsCoco

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:37 - May 13 by Vic

Because he has as close a connection to what’s going on as anyone on here. He’s usually pretty measured in his reactions. However, I do think he’s being overly cautious on this. He was pretty vocal about Lambert needing to go and very supportive of Cooks appointment. I think I’m right in saying that he thought we needed serious surgery as a club. So his reaction now it’s happening is odd.

However, it does all have a sense of Paul Hurst about it - total scorched earth. I think Cook is much better placed to pull it off because he has experience in this and he won’t be buying from Div 2 and the conference! I fully expect him to be getting in what he thinks are immediate upgrades in every position;.

It’s high risk, but we can’t actually be worse than we were before (as happened with Hurst). The worst that can reasonably happen is that we remain a mid table Div 1 team and Cook gets the sack!

yeh he is a great guy and I enjoy listening to him but he is just sharing his opinion. Maybe he has a vested interest in what is going on? Maybe someone he knows on the inside is affected?

Paul Hirst was working on a silly budget a league above and stripped all of our senior pro's and replaced with L2 and L1 players. This is an entirely different situation. We are clearing the decks of dross to replace with a team hell bent on promotion. This is positive change - It may not work but it is 100% what needs to be done. If it fails in promotion we will still be in a much stronger position than we are now. We literally have nothing to lose.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:42 - May 13 with 1136 viewspointofblue

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:37 - May 13 by Vic

Cook scorched the earth, leaves us in as big if not worse of a mess than we’re in now and have another manager coming in trying to sort out the destruction with someone else’s players and little budget because it’s already been used up. Sound familiar?

Of course, we could go the same way as Portsmouth and Wigan - the big hope is Cook has overseen complete restructures before successfully so it’s not as though he has experience in this regard. The risk/reward ratio is high both ways. I think most people would be happy if Downes, Dozzell and Woolfenden were staying over Nolan, Edwards and Donacien!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:44 - May 13 with 1118 viewsgordon

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:25 - May 13 by OsborneOneNil

Joe is a nice bloke, with some decent views, but there's no need to freak out as Joe is concerned. That's his opinion. Plenty of posters are keen on the change that is coming, and seeing how we have performed in the last 3+ years it's hard to argue it isn't needed.

The performances of the last three years are a direct result of the last time someone tried to rip apart the squad.
I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:47 - May 13 with 1082 viewsCoco

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:44 - May 13 by gordon

The performances of the last three years are a direct result of the last time someone tried to rip apart the squad.

He has laid down the law - get onboard or get out. Nobody is safe and he is bringing in new men with a strong hunger to succeed. Positive change which is needed.

What else do you actually suggest?
[Post edited 13 May 2021 11:47]

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:50 - May 13 with 1040 viewslazyblue

Why should a club tell fans prior to summer transfer market why players are up for sale??
I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:57 - May 13 with 996 viewsgordon

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:47 - May 13 by Coco

He has laid down the law - get onboard or get out. Nobody is safe and he is bringing in new men with a strong hunger to succeed. Positive change which is needed.

What else do you actually suggest?
[Post edited 13 May 2021 11:47]

Rather than having to replace 15 or so players which will be really difficult with SCMP limit, I'd have released the players that were released except for Nydam, let Jackson and Donacien go, and then looked to add 5 really top quality players and a few promising youngsters.

There is a lot of frustration built up at the state of club, but the way it's all been directed at the players by the fans and Cook is counter-productive. The way the club was run under Lambert was farcical, and blaming that on the players is absurd.
I really hope we hear from the club soon on 12:00 - May 13 with 973 viewsghostofescobar

Never heard of such a thing either here or at any other club. Not sure why they would tell us? Wouldn't help us at all in the transfer market. What is he going to say: Dobra going cos he's not good enough, Dozzell going cos he's not good enough, Woolfy going cos he's not good enough, Nors going cos he's not good enough. And what do you expect him to say about recruitment, other than we want much better players in??

GhostOfEscobar

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 12:02 - May 13 with 945 viewsmonty_radio

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:38 - May 13 by mattrolow

One thing press speculation, another thing the club coming out and saying it.

Especially as there will be players who don't go, so there's no point killing them off in public when they're going to be with us.

The two main journos on the Star are Town fans and do not have a record of "speculation". The club have given us many more statements in recent time than we've been used to. If a large number of agents have been told to put petrol in their tanks we'll hear about it soon enough.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 12:02 - May 13 with 943 viewsipswichtillidie

I’m sorry I don’t agree. They are all replaceable and suspect that many of the players made available will have substantial price tags. People clamouring over the likes of Dozzell/Bishop and Wolfie I just don’t see it. Average league one players at best and over a decent period of time now. Potential yes but we can’t sit around as a club waiting for this forever. I trust Cook for one to get the right mix of players to make us automatic contenders, something we haven’t managed with the current crop! Downes for me would be the only player who seems to play above the level we are at but again there are still questions over his temperament and fitness/commitment for me. Is he replaceable? Until we know what market we are in for replacing the current squad I don’t think a “melt” down is warranted. We will have money to spend and the free transfers available this summer will be vast. In Cook I trust. Not one player we have is irreplaceable for me. Vincent Young/Downes/Nors would be the only ones I’d keep but again all replaceable.

Gav

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 12:03 - May 13 with 939 viewsPJH

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:35 - May 13 by jayessess

I expect all the playing staff will be put on ebay at some point.
I really hope we hear from the club soon on 12:05 - May 13 with 916 viewsBeckets

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 12:02 - May 13 by monty_radio

The two main journos on the Star are Town fans and do not have a record of "speculation". The club have given us many more statements in recent time than we've been used to. If a large number of agents have been told to put petrol in their tanks we'll hear about it soon enough.

Watson is an Everton fan.
I really hope we hear from the club soon on 12:19 - May 13 with 865 viewsmonty_radio

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 12:05 - May 13 by Beckets

Watson is an Everton fan.

He seems quite keen on Town, I'd say, whatever his early allegiance.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 12:32 - May 13 with 803 viewsIllinoisblue

The league tables from the last three seasons are all I need to hear.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 13:19 - May 13 with 706 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Cooks on a revenge mission because he came in and destroyed the squads morale, pulled us out of the promotion race and won't take responsibility for it. But he did hire a wife beating weirdo as a coach.

Cook OUT!

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 13:40 - May 13 with 653 viewsOsborneOneNil

I really hope we hear from the club soon on 11:44 - May 13 by gordon

Rip apart the squad with peanuts. Different times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024