Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell 13:45 - Jun 6 with 3050 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40407/qpr-leading-chase-for-dozzell

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 13:59 - Jun 6 with 2442 viewsMullet

Hope the fee is massive. This is bad news.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 14:41 - Jun 6 with 2315 viewsArnieM

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 13:59 - Jun 6 by Mullet

Hope the fee is massive. This is bad news.

He’s done absolutely nothing in his tone here . How long do you give him ? And is he “ needs players round him shine”, then he isn’t cutting I’m afraid .

Good luck Andre ......

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 15:12 - Jun 6 with 2236 viewsMullet

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 14:41 - Jun 6 by ArnieM

He’s done absolutely nothing in his tone here . How long do you give him ? And is he “ needs players round him shine”, then he isn’t cutting I’m afraid .

Good luck Andre ......

Which is why he’s off to QPR not FGR

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 15:58 - Jun 6 with 2106 viewsSkip_Intro

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 15:12 - Jun 6 by Mullet

71 appearances for us, the majority of them in the third division ...and he's contributed 2 goals and 1 assist in those appearances...pretty poor by anyone's standards, even more so for a so-called play making CM.
Personally I wish him well but we won't miss him. He's overrated because he's 'one of our own' and is Jason's son...maybe a move is best for all parties.
QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:03 - Jun 6 with 2070 viewsITFCBlues

This arguement is rubbish though isn't it? We signed a whole host of L1 players in the Championship who just didn't cut it. Moving up a division doesn't automatically mean you're a better player than the division you've come from.

I'd like to keep him myself, but is that just sentimental? He's been average at best here as his stats show. Clearly has an eye for a pass but just doesn't dictate games the way you need him to because defensivley he offers nothing.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:05 - Jun 6 with 2056 viewsMullet

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:03 - Jun 6 by ITFCBlues

This arguement is rubbish though isn't it? We signed a whole host of L1 players in the Championship who just didn't cut it. Moving up a division doesn't automatically mean you're a better player than the division you've come from.

I'd like to keep him myself, but is that just sentimental? He's been average at best here as his stats show. Clearly has an eye for a pass but just doesn't dictate games the way you need him to because defensivley he offers nothing.

Which manager did that? Our worst ever. It’s not even the same argument is it?

It’s pretty clear how talented AD is and the rough time he’s had with injury and his return coinciding with the arse falling out of the club.

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:25 - Jun 6 with 1981 viewsgordon

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:03 - Jun 6 by ITFCBlues

If only we had some staff at the club whose job it was to work with our players to make them better.
QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:34 - Jun 6 with 1954 viewsITFCBlues

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:05 - Jun 6 by Mullet

It’s pretty clear how talented AD is and the rough time he’s had with injury and his return coinciding with the arse falling out of the club.

Maybe but again, there are countless other players who step up from this division that just don't cut it. Stepping up a division doesn't automatically make you a better player.

He's got lots of assets to work with that's for sure. But he goes missing far too often. If he's as good as some on here would have you believe, he'd glide through this division and really stand out & he simply doesn't.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:40 - Jun 6 with 1932 viewsMullet

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:34 - Jun 6 by ITFCBlues

Maybe but again, there are countless other players who step up from this division that just don't cut it. Stepping up a division doesn't automatically make you a better player.

He's got lots of assets to work with that's for sure. But he goes missing far too often. If he's as good as some on here would have you believe, he'd glide through this division and really stand out & he simply doesn't.

I never said any of that you’re just adjusting your argument here. It’s pretty obvious that given his pedigree, where he’s going and what’s happened here the fault is not with AD for last season or before that.

I get people want to buy in totally to this season, but that doesn’t mean everyone leaving has to be shat on either.

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:44 - Jun 6 with 1914 viewsITFCBlues

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:40 - Jun 6 by Mullet

I never said any of that you’re just adjusting your argument here. It’s pretty obvious that given his pedigree, where he’s going and what’s happened here the fault is not with AD for last season or before that.

I get people want to buy in totally to this season, but that doesn’t mean everyone leaving has to be shat on either.

Suggesting that he's moving to QPR rather than FGR? Few others on here have done the same.

I'd personally keep him. But he's got a lot to learn. What we've seen is you can't carry a player like him in this division who plays the odd nice pass here and there but doesn't contribute to the defensive side. He really needs to improve massively in that area if he's to really make it

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:45 - Jun 6 with 1906 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:48 - Jun 6 with 1894 viewsSteve_M

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 15:58 - Jun 6 by Skip_Intro

71 appearances for us, the majority of them in the third division ...and he's contributed 2 goals and 1 assist in those appearances...pretty poor by anyone's standards, even more so for a so-called play making CM.
Personally I wish him well but we won't miss him. He's overrated because he's 'one of our own' and is Jason's son...maybe a move is best for all parties.

Brentford have definitely been watching him because of who his Dad is.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:51 - Jun 6 with 1884 viewsITFCBlues

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:48 - Jun 6 by Steve_M

Brentford have definitely been watching him because of who his Dad is.

But what's the relevance of that?

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 17:59 - Jun 6 with 1768 viewsNickITFC

Lets hope it is more than 6 figure fee. If it were Peterborough it'd likely be late 7 figures!
QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 18:26 - Jun 6 with 1716 viewsHARRY10

If he had been signed by Hurst, I would imagine the response on here to him possibly moving on would be quite different.

My take is Cook thinks AD will not be up to what is intended.

Given how he has not been up to what was needed before, then it should be a case of development over sentiment.
QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 19:23 - Jun 6 with 1649 viewsLankHenners

Have to laugh at Dozzell moving on from us going up the pyramid having been scouted by Championship clubs including the smartest and all round best recruiters of talent in that league in Brentford, and people still try and claim he’s rubbish and overrated.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 20:07 - Jun 6 with 1550 viewsITFC_Jenx

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 19:23 - Jun 6 by LankHenners

Have to laugh at Dozzell moving on from us going up the pyramid having been scouted by Championship clubs including the smartest and all round best recruiters of talent in that league in Brentford, and people still try and claim he’s rubbish and overrated.

I don't think he's rubbish and overrated.
I do think he doesn't fit in a Paul Cook 4231 formation.
Given we haven't had a clear footballing identity for years, I'm happy for him to go to raise funds.
QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 20:13 - Jun 6 with 1523 viewsbrogansnose

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:05 - Jun 6 by Mullet

Out of all the players purported to leave, young Dozzell leaving would disapoint me the most. To throw out his obvious talent and not develop it doesn't sit happy with me.

Meanwhile, Nolan.
QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 20:38 - Jun 6 with 1462 viewsSwansea_Blue

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 15:58 - Jun 6 by Skip_Intro

He’s played mostly as a defensive mid. It never ceases to amaze me how many people don’t understand what that means.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 07:41 - Jun 7 with 1219 viewsPositivelyPortman

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 20:38 - Jun 6 by Swansea_Blue

He’s played mostly as a defensive mid. It never ceases to amaze me how many people don’t understand what that means.

Yeah and he can’t defend.
He doesn’t chase back, and when he does he gives away needless fouls.
Two successive managers couldn’t see enough of an attacking midfielder to trust him there.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 07:45 - Jun 7 with 1198 viewsitfctilidie

QPR were trying to sign Judge last year as well though..

well 2 years ago
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 7:46]
QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 07:46 - Jun 7 with 1191 viewsArnieM

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 19:23 - Jun 6 by LankHenners

Everyone makes a mistake - even Brentford !

Dozzell has done NOTHING in all his years st this Club. How long should you give him then ?

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 07:55 - Jun 7 with 1160 viewsitfctilidie

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 16:40 - Jun 6 by Mullet

Les Ferdinand Director of Football at QPR, pretty sure he played with Jason at Spurs so there is a link.

Andre, ex England youth international probably not costing much more than 500k - worth a punt - based on his last couple of seasons that is all he can be considered as - a punt

I wish him well for the future nonetheless

There doesn't seem to be much of a scramble for his services
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 7:56]
QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 07:58 - Jun 7 with 1141 viewsArnieM

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 07:55 - Jun 7 by itfctilidie

Les Ferdinand Director of Football at QPR, pretty sure he played with Jason at Spurs so there is a link.

Andre, ex England youth international probably not costing much more than 500k - worth a punt - based on his last couple of seasons that is all he can be considered as - a punt

I wish him well for the future nonetheless

There doesn't seem to be much of a scramble for his services
[Post edited 7 Jun 2021 7:56]

Your last line needs underlining , and made in bold text , because that’s the point isn’t it . No one is clamouring for his signature.

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 08:10 - Jun 7 with 1106 viewsSteve_M

QPR Leading Chase For Dozzell on 20:13 - Jun 6 by brogansnose

Out of all the players purported to leave, young Dozzell leaving would disapoint me the most. To throw out his obvious talent and not develop it doesn't sit happy with me.

Meanwhile, Nolan.

Utter carelessness.

Completely understandable if Cook wants to clear out Chambers, Skuse and Sears. Far less so for Dozzell, Bishop and Dobra.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024