Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview 08:31 - Jul 2 with 1668 viewsGeoffSentence

"It's football, there's two goals at each end of the pitch"

He's got a lot of experience in football, but I think he has misunderstood a fundamental aspect of the game and that doesn't bode well.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 08:33 - Jul 2 with 1622 viewssaffers12

think he is thinking of the warm up maybe
Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 08:44 - Jul 2 with 1559 viewseireblue

Maybe he was talking about physical and psychological. E.g. there is a physical goal at one end, the goal is to score in it, at the other end is yet another physical goal, with the goal of not letting any goals in.

So in some ways he is correct.

Maybe this explains why his voice suddenly changes in timbre, he is trying to convey a single point but using two different voices to convey his message in different ways to different audiences.

Maybe he is a genius of communication …hmmm let me listen to the Twitter feed again, “Fitness is fcuking huge”……hmmm……I maybe overthinking this.
Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 08:51 - Jul 2 with 1501 viewsGeoffSentence

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 08:44 - Jul 2 by eireblue

Maybe he was talking about physical and psychological. E.g. there is a physical goal at one end, the goal is to score in it, at the other end is yet another physical goal, with the goal of not letting any goals in.

Maybe this explains why his voice suddenly changes in timbre, he is trying to convey a single point but using two different voices to convey his message in different ways to different audiences.

Maybe he is a genius of communication …hmmm let me listen to the Twitter feed again, “Fitness is fcuking huge”……hmmm……I maybe overthinking this.

Two responses to my OP and two very good points made.

This one in particular is very deep. PC could in fact be operating at a wizard level well beyond me.

You have restored my trust.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 08:58 - Jul 2 with 1442 viewsBeckets

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 08:51 - Jul 2 by GeoffSentence

Two responses to my OP and two very good points made.

This one in particular is very deep. PC could in fact be operating at a wizard level well beyond me.

You have restored my trust.

I’ll give another possibility. He’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 09:03 - Jul 2 with 1416 viewsNthQldITFC

Remembering, of course, that Paul Cook speaks with two different pitches, therefore are there not in fact eight goals all told?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 09:17 - Jul 2 with 1310 viewsGavTWTD

There is only one goal.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview (n/t) on 09:29 - Jul 2 with 1257 viewsAlexitfc2

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 19:30]
Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 09:45 - Jul 2 with 1175 viewsSwansea_Blue

Viewing PC's comments as some sort of statement about the metaphysical is definitely over thinking it!

He seems a basic fella and will be focusing on the basics. Which is probably why he couldn't get a tune out of last season's team as he couldn't do anything about the conditioning at that point of the season with games coming thick and fast.

I wonder whether there are going to be major question marks over the tactical side of our play, but that'll all come out in the wash and there's no point worry about that until we see them in action. I suspect it'll be a run quicker, run longer approach first and foremost. And fitness is important of course, I just hope there's a bit of guile on top of it and we're not just going to be a Pulis-type team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 09:51 - Jul 2 with 1140 viewsSouperJim

Cookie has let slip our secret ploy to achieve the fabled "100 goals" target set by the fans. All aboard HMS Piss the League.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 10:12 - Jul 2 with 1070 viewschrismakin

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 09:45 - Jul 2 by Swansea_Blue

Viewing PC's comments as some sort of statement about the metaphysical is definitely over thinking it!

He seems a basic fella and will be focusing on the basics. Which is probably why he couldn't get a tune out of last season's team as he couldn't do anything about the conditioning at that point of the season with games coming thick and fast.

I wonder whether there are going to be major question marks over the tactical side of our play, but that'll all come out in the wash and there's no point worry about that until we see them in action. I suspect it'll be a run quicker, run longer approach first and foremost. And fitness is important of course, I just hope there's a bit of guile on top of it and we're not just going to be a Pulis-type team.

His tactics are and have always been very simple.

Get the ball. Attack. Score. Repeat

If we concede get the ball. Attack. Score. Repeat

Football under PC will take us back to the Burley years of football. Dont worry about what the opposition are doing stick to what we are good at and we will win games.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 10:18 - Jul 2 with 1026 viewsBluefields

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 09:45 - Jul 2 by Swansea_Blue

If we chalk up wins with plenty of goals nobody will care about formations or tactics.
Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 14:27 - Jul 2 with 712 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 10:18 - Jul 2 by Bluefields

If we chalk up wins with plenty of goals nobody will care about formations or tactics.

If we chalk up wins with plenty of goals then the formations or tactics will be correct!
Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 14:35 - Jul 2 with 691 viewsWD19

Worrying comment from Paul Cook interview on 09:17 - Jul 2 by GavTWTD

There is only one goal.

There is no 'i' in goal, but there is a 'log' if you look hard enough.

....or something like that.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024