Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? 09:36 - Jul 4 with 2453 viewspointofblue

For his many faults Hancock was very much putting the Covid situation first and supported maintaining legislation around masks and distancing. The story breaks, he resigns and, lo and behold, is not replaced by someone with the same mindset but by a minister who wants to re-open the country fully as soon as possible.

Almost as if it was planned...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 12:43 - Jul 4 with 567 viewsDarth_Koont

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 11:47 - Jul 4 by tractordownsouth

I saw someone claim that it was to gift Labour the Batley and Spen by election so the Tories would have to continue facing Starmer, presumably instead of a political heavyweight like Rebecca Long Bailey or Richard Burgon.

That’s ridiculous.

Although there’s little doubt that Starmer and the Labour right, in particular, are an absolute godsend to the Tories. They’ll drive Labour into the ground as long as it takes progressive politics out of the equation and protects their place on the left side of the Establishment.

Pronouns: He/Him

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 13:02 - Jul 4 with 538 viewsfactual_blue

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 10:29 - Jul 4 by footers

Two people getting a divorce shouldn't be news, no. But what about two swamp creatures like Gove and Vine?

They are the ba**en***g of the tory party.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 16:54 - Jul 4 with 464 viewsBlueBadger

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 11:30 - Jul 4 by saxon

Jeremy Hunt, having previously been Health Secretary, would have seemed a more logical choice to hit the ground running.

Rhyming-Slang would have provoked open revolt from NHS staff who'd view the appointment of the bloke who pushed through the 2012 Health & Social Care act(which, amongst other things split and privatised NHS procurement making PPE acquisition even harder), allowed student nurse bursaries to be removed, inspired the first ever strike by junior doctors, cancelled NICE research into safe staffing levels etc, etc, etc as something of a slap in the face.

Followed by a kick in the stones.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 18:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 16:55 - Jul 4 with 458 viewsBlueBadger

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 11:42 - Jul 4 by eireblue

Was he the Health Secretary that was in charge when all the stuff stockpiled for pandemics was run down?

Yep.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 17:18 - Jul 4 with 441 viewsMeadowlark

They're all a bunch of crooks.
Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 17:31 - Jul 4 with 437 viewsBlueBadger

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 11:28 - Jul 4 by factual_blue

1. A highly responsible private sector security guard at the DHSC's offices in Victoria Street reviews security camera footage.

2. He sees the snog.

3. He contacts the newspapers.

4. He sends them a copy of the footage.

5. He pockets a wodge of cash.

6. The government fails to learn a lesson about the private sector.

7. Again.

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 17:34 - Jul 4 with 432 viewsElephantintheRoom

Sticking your tongue down a prostitute's throat paid for by tax payers is not supporting social distancing rules as I understand it - I suspect he was booted out because most people think using tax payers' money to procure sex for a few years whilst deceiving your wife and the British people is not wholly in line with public service.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 17:39 - Jul 4 with 424 viewsBlueBadger

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 13:02 - Jul 4 by factual_blue

They are the ba**en***g of the tory party.

Which is, in itself, the B*ttenberg of politics.

Login to get fewer ads

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 18:12 - Jul 4 with 393 viewstractordownsouth

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 12:43 - Jul 4 by Darth_Koont

That’s ridiculous.

Although there’s little doubt that Starmer and the Labour right, in particular, are an absolute godsend to the Tories. They’ll drive Labour into the ground as long as it takes progressive politics out of the equation and protects their place on the left side of the Establishment.

Starmer isn’t even Labour right. He’s soft left.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 18:15 - Jul 4 with 387 viewsfooters

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 18:12 - Jul 4 by tractordownsouth

He's also fcking useless.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 18:36 - Jul 4 with 374 viewsDarth_Koont

Am I being cynical or do we now know why the Hancock story leaked? on 18:12 - Jul 4 by tractordownsouth

I didn’t say he was. And so far he’s been absolutely nothing on his own merits.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024