Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new kits are poor 16:27 - Jul 16 with 2927 viewsRobbie12345

I think it’s a really big shame how poorly designed both our kits are this year, particularly with all the hype of the Ed Sheeran sponsorship, new owners and quality signings bringing such a high level of sales. I had low expectations, but am still so disappointed. It’s not just that they are poor because they are Adidas concept designs (like the away kit last year)- I usually love the quality Adidas bring, but this time not so.

Not only is the home shirt (the front) not ‘Ipswich blue’, being quite a few shades darker than the other 10+ blue Ipswich shirts I own from over the last 15 years or so, the front and back of the shirt are different shades of blue. Additionally, like others have pointed out, the placement of the black stripes down the shirt is poor, especially around the badge, which could have easily been adjusted in seconds. This is not the case or a issue on previous striped Ips kits. It just feels like it was rushed with a lack of care.

As someone who was wanting another white away shirt and was checking multiple times a day to see any news of it, knowing they said Mid July- it is just too plain. Just some black by the neck rim and ends of the arms would have made a significant difference. Otherwise, the home kit in white with black stripes, like the concept version on another thread, would have been better.

Need to see the away one in person, might just end up buying the home one or the training kit to ‘do my bit’, but I am not impressed, or even satisfied. Can only hope future kits will be better designed, especially if the owners are paying a interest into the concept designs.

If you got this far, would be interested to get thoughts on whether people are buying them because they genuinely like them or because they also want to do their bit to help fund the team?

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

The new kits are poor on 18:19 - Jul 16 with 567 viewsMattinLondon

Just as there isn’t an ‘Ipswich way’ of playing football there isn’t an ‘Ipswich blue’.
The new kits are poor on 18:37 - Jul 16 with 547 viewsGogs

The new kits are poor on 17:31 - Jul 16 by strikalite

I've just purchased the other grey training top....well, I think i have, got through the payment page and it just came up with basket empty , nothing in my email inbox so i've no idea..

haha, i had similar when ordering mine via my mobile. The page kept freezing at checkout anyway. Ended up using my laptop instead
The new kits are poor on 18:39 - Jul 16 with 546 viewsMetal_Hacker

Fanny

Poll: If it were one or the other

The new kits are poor on 18:43 - Jul 16 with 551 viewsitfcjoe

Someone made a great point a little while back, that this seasons home shirt which is so similar to the one from the 19/20 season, was signed off when we were playing in that kit…..when we could even still had had exactly the same sponsor. Totally unimaginative from the previous regime.

I like the home shirt, but it’s so similar to just 2 seasons ago - probably our 2 most similar kits ever in such a short time span. It has been, like the away kit, saved by the Sheeran sponsorship.

The away kit is too plain, and it wouldn’t have taken much to make it look a lot better - a black proper collar, and trim on the sleeves and looks miles better.

I’ve heard in grapevine that the new owners were really disappointed with the shirt design, wonder if we end up with a third shirt - but next year the kits will have more to them
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 18:53]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The new kits are poor on 18:47 - Jul 16 with 533 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

Really it's a shirt, I couldn't care less if they were wearing bin bags. Why does a shirt bother you so much 🤷‍♂️
The new kits are poor on 19:32 - Jul 16 with 505 viewsBluespeed225

While we like to think of 'Ipswich Blue' as a royal blue, our 78 Cup final shirt was almost navy, I own one (Talbots) and was surprised by this, and the oh so wonderful, early season 72/3 shirt! My all time fave, in its 'less is more' post Mod, perfectly sized collar, navy blue. Please wipe the 2001/2 shirt from history.
The new kits are poor on 19:38 - Jul 16 with 494 viewsMerseyBlue

The new kits are poor on 19:32 - Jul 16 by Bluespeed225

While we like to think of 'Ipswich Blue' as a royal blue, our 78 Cup final shirt was almost navy, I own one (Talbots) and was surprised by this, and the oh so wonderful, early season 72/3 shirt! My all time fave, in its 'less is more' post Mod, perfectly sized collar, navy blue. Please wipe the 2001/2 shirt from history.

Will be interesting to see if we go for a very dark blue or striped shirt with black shorts to commemorate 150 years in 2028. I'd like that as a one off.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Ipswich_Town/Ipswich_Town.htm

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

The new kits are poor on 19:49 - Jul 16 with 482 viewsMattinLondon

The new kits are poor on 19:38 - Jul 16 by MerseyBlue

Will be interesting to see if we go for a very dark blue or striped shirt with black shorts to commemorate 150 years in 2028. I'd like that as a one off.

Navy shirts and black shorts - classic. Let’s go back to that full-time.
Login to get fewer ads

The new kits are poor on 20:00 - Jul 16 with 468 viewsMattinLondon

The new kits are poor on 18:43 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Someone made a great point a little while back, that this seasons home shirt which is so similar to the one from the 19/20 season, was signed off when we were playing in that kit…..when we could even still had had exactly the same sponsor. Totally unimaginative from the previous regime.

I like the home shirt, but it’s so similar to just 2 seasons ago - probably our 2 most similar kits ever in such a short time span. It has been, like the away kit, saved by the Sheeran sponsorship.

The away kit is too plain, and it wouldn’t have taken much to make it look a lot better - a black proper collar, and trim on the sleeves and looks miles better.

I’ve heard in grapevine that the new owners were really disappointed with the shirt design, wonder if we end up with a third shirt - but next year the kits will have more to them
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 18:53]

With your last paragraph in mind I googled to see the Phoenix Rising kits for this coming season to kinda see what to expect - their home kit is almost similar to our kit but in red.

The new kits are poor on 20:05 - Jul 16 with 462 viewsSwansea_Blue

The new kits are poor on 18:39 - Jul 16 by Metal_Hacker

Fanny

I’m not sure blue or white are colour options for those.

Kits look ok to me. Think the white version in full kit will look pretty classy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The new kits are poor on 21:10 - Jul 16 with 434 viewsjeera

The new kits are poor on 17:02 - Jul 16 by blu_dru

I prefer poems that rhyme to be honest..

It was heading towards being a Haiku.

The elements were there but the author just lost his way.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The new kits are poor on 21:34 - Jul 16 with 428 viewsBlueForYou

Look perfectly ok to me. It’s what you do while wearing them on the pitch that matters! Couldn’t care less if we played in a string vest, as long as we play well, score goals, & win promotion.
The new kits are poor on 23:39 - Jul 16 with 396 viewsstrikalite

The new kits are poor on 18:37 - Jul 16 by Gogs

haha, i had similar when ordering mine via my mobile. The page kept freezing at checkout anyway. Ended up using my laptop instead

I ordered via laptop, payment hasn't been taken(unless it goes out on Monday now)so yeah probably crashed, annoying people are left wondering if it's gone through, I'm assuming if it's gone through you'd get a thank you screen and an email of purchase?
The new kits are poor on 23:56 - Jul 16 with 391 viewsGogs

The new kits are poor on 23:39 - Jul 16 by strikalite

I ordered via laptop, payment hasn't been taken(unless it goes out on Monday now)so yeah probably crashed, annoying people are left wondering if it's gone through, I'm assuming if it's gone through you'd get a thank you screen and an email of purchase?

yeah, i got an email through when purchase was complete
The new kits are poor on 11:23 - Jul 17 with 323 viewsWD19

The new kits are poor on 19:38 - Jul 16 by MerseyBlue

I like the idea of going back to wearing ‘various knickers’.
The new kits are poor on 11:57 - Jul 17 with 312 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You need to remember that this is just your opinion, and everyone's will differ. They're not "poorly designed". What does that even mean? If they had fried-egg patterns all over them, or 3 arms, they'd be poorly designed. What you mean is they're simple - and you'd have preferred something a bit more 'interesting' whatever that may mean.

Also what do you mean by a lack of care? Do you mean they didn't consult you first?! If they'd done all the bits YOU wanted, someone would be starting a thread exactly the same as yours, moaning about the "poor design."

I just find it a weird thing to get upset about when so much is going right for the club now, but maybe I'm just not the target market.

I'm also not sure what your gripe achieves. They're not going to pull them all and make one you like.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024