Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cobbold Stand 15:16 - Jul 17 with 3532 viewschrismakin

Now. We know Evans did a lot wrong. But by never realised how bad certain things did get in regards to stadium.

We know you see Sir Alf stand from the station... but this stand is what makes Portman Road itself. To let it get to the stage of having those awful window problems.s its just terrible isnt it.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 15:32]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cobbold Stand on 15:22 - Jul 17 with 3449 viewsMerseyBlue

You think the worst thing a man who took us to our lowest point in 63 years did was letting the ground get a bit scruffy?

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Cobbold Stand on 15:26 - Jul 17 with 3406 viewsParky

“The worst of it all” - The bloke directed us to the clubs lowest ever finish(es), refused to hire a structure at the club, appointed our worst ever manager(s), but allowing the Cobbold Stand to look a little rundown is the “worst of it all”.
Cobbold Stand on 15:31 - Jul 17 with 3353 viewschrismakin

Cobbold Stand on 15:22 - Jul 17 by MerseyBlue

You think the worst thing a man who took us to our lowest point in 63 years did was letting the ground get a bit scruffy?

Well ok. I suppose not the worst of all... but never realised how sht it became.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cobbold Stand on 16:47 - Jul 17 with 3097 viewsGarv

If you haven't listened to MA's KOA interview yet, do.

Would be a painful listen for Evans I'd imagine.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Cobbold Stand on 17:14 - Jul 17 with 2946 viewssuffolkpoker

Cobbold Stand on 16:47 - Jul 17 by Garv

Have you got a link to the interview please?

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Cobbold Stand on 17:26 - Jul 17 with 2874 viewsSouperJim

Cobbold Stand on 17:14 - Jul 17 by suffolkpoker

Have you got a link to the interview please?

https://audioboom.com/posts/7901128-mark-ashton-interview-running-towards-advers

About 22 minutes on he speaks about the ground.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 17:26]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Cobbold Stand on 17:38 - Jul 17 with 2805 viewssuffolkpoker

Cobbold Stand on 17:26 - Jul 17 by SouperJim

https://audioboom.com/posts/7901128-mark-ashton-interview-running-towards-advers

About 22 minutes on he speaks about the ground.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2021 17:26]

Thanks pal x

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Cobbold Stand on 21:14 - Jul 17 with 2290 viewsChurchman

The stadium is symptom of wrecking ball Evans catastrophic tenure. It’s neglected but by no means the worst thing that’s happened. He hollowed out every aspect of the club leaving it exactly where it belonged - at the moment. The old 3rd Division. Established member. A lower league minnow.

The best thing he ever did was sell his majority holding because a few more years of Evansworld would have seen the end of the club or it in a position where recovery was almost impossible.

Thank goodness he is at least neutered.
Login to get fewer ads

Cobbold Stand on 21:27 - Jul 17 with 2252 viewsPhilTWTD

The windows were set to have a mural paying tribute to various club legends until the pandemic intervened. That is back on for happening this summer.
Cobbold Stand on 22:32 - Jul 17 with 2093 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cobbold Stand on 16:47 - Jul 17 by Garv

Evans didn’t care when he owned us, so doubt he would be bothered now about what anyone said. It was pure neglect under his watch and reassuring to here that the new team don’t think it’s acceptable.

Thanks for the link - that’s a good listen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cobbold Stand on 23:01 - Jul 17 with 2026 viewsTampa_Florida_Blue

Cobbold Stand on 22:32 - Jul 17 by Swansea_Blue

Evans didn’t care when he owned us, so doubt he would be bothered now about what anyone said. It was pure neglect under his watch and reassuring to here that the new team don’t think it’s acceptable.

Thanks for the link - that’s a good listen.

I find that rather harsh. Yes he pulled us down to this level, but I do think he cared about the club. Where his issue was, is he had no one guiding him or helping him. Look how many off field personal we have bought in since the new owners, it shows how badly the club was run with no footballing brains to help him out. Seems like he had no one to show him where he was going on. It also explains why PL got so frustrated in the end of his time.
Cobbold Stand on 23:49 - Jul 17 with 1936 viewsIllinoisblue

The state of that is a disgrace. How can there not be some kind of annual maintenance plan?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cobbold Stand on 00:36 - Jul 18 with 1883 viewsEpiphone

Cobbold Stand on 23:49 - Jul 17 by Illinoisblue

The state of that is a disgrace. How can there not be some kind of annual maintenance plan?

It got left off the “Five year development plan” to get us back where we belong.
Cobbold Stand on 07:05 - Jul 18 with 1716 viewsReuser_is_God

Cobbold Stand on 23:49 - Jul 17 by Illinoisblue

A plan? During the Evans era?

Next joke.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cobbold Stand on 08:11 - Jul 18 with 1552 viewsStewart27

Cobbold Stand on 23:01 - Jul 17 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

I find that rather harsh. Yes he pulled us down to this level, but I do think he cared about the club. Where his issue was, is he had no one guiding him or helping him. Look how many off field personal we have bought in since the new owners, it shows how badly the club was run with no footballing brains to help him out. Seems like he had no one to show him where he was going on. It also explains why PL got so frustrated in the end of his time.

But all of that was his fault.
Cobbold Stand on 09:10 - Jul 18 with 1429 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cobbold Stand on 23:01 - Jul 17 by Tampa_Florida_Blue

How can it be harsh when the guy who owned the club wanted complete control over decisions. If he wanted to (funding permitting ) he would’ve employed some “football club “ people around him

Guess what - he decided not to

Hence why it’s Evans’ fault - it’s not harsh , it’s fact

Poll: If it were one or the other

Cobbold Stand on 09:13 - Jul 19 with 962 viewsSitfcB

Cobbold Stand on 21:27 - Jul 17 by PhilTWTD

The windows were set to have a mural paying tribute to various club legends until the pandemic intervened. That is back on for happening this summer.

Sounds like it’s starting

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cobbold Stand on 09:25 - Jul 19 with 915 viewsChurchman

Cobbold Stand on 09:13 - Jul 19 by SitfcB

Sounds like it’s starting

I had a walk around the stadium yesterday as I had a few mins spare (sad, I know) and Ashton’s comments on it last week, replayed in the EADT are correct. The more you look at it, the more there is to do!

If the money is there, it’s actually a great challenge and quite exciting for those involved. I have to say, my heart lifted to see Evans’ name on the Co-op stand expunged!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024