Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three days 20:22 - Jul 21 with 2570 viewsArnoldMoorhen

of sore throat and sneezes. Wasn't sure if it was Hay Fever, but have played safe and stayed at home. Due to be going on holiday tonight so did the test. Positive for Covid. 10 days isolation for me. And wife and son.

I've had two jabs, second more than a month ago.

I've followed the rules re mask wearing, etc. It's very catching.

Entirely down to Boris' decision to keep India off the Red List in order to get a trade deal.

If only we were an island and had control of our own borders.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 20:22]
Three days on 20:35 - Jul 21 with 2475 viewsvapour_trail

Oh dear sorry Moorhen.

Holiday covered?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Three days on 20:36 - Jul 21 with 2472 viewspointofblue

Agreed with your sentiment - hope you feel better soon!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Three days on 20:39 - Jul 21 with 2449 viewsWeWereZombies

That's rotten AM, and at the least the second instance of someone who had been double vaccinated letting this forum know they have tested positive.

As an aside, is your comment about the India trade deal related to you personally coming into contact with someone who has travelled in India over recent days?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Three days on 20:43 - Jul 21 with 2422 viewsvapour_trail

Three days on 20:39 - Jul 21 by WeWereZombies

That's rotten AM, and at the least the second instance of someone who had been double vaccinated letting this forum know they have tested positive.

As an aside, is your comment about the India trade deal related to you personally coming into contact with someone who has travelled in India over recent days?

There’s been loads of us double jabbed and positive on here last few weeks.

We’re a new clique.

Three days on 20:49 - Jul 21 with 2392 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, it’s pretty infectious. It’s surprising how many people seem to have forgotten that and also think vaccines will stop them catching it, or provide complete protection if they do. I suppose that’s a result of all this Freedom Day bollox. Not aimed at you btw, just an observation in general.

Sorry to hear your plans have been messed up. Fingers crossed you don’t struggle with it too - that’s the most important thing (and where vaccines do help).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Three days on 20:59 - Jul 21 with 2329 viewspointofblue

Three days on 20:49 - Jul 21 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, it’s pretty infectious. It’s surprising how many people seem to have forgotten that and also think vaccines will stop them catching it, or provide complete protection if they do. I suppose that’s a result of all this Freedom Day bollox. Not aimed at you btw, just an observation in general.

Sorry to hear your plans have been messed up. Fingers crossed you don’t struggle with it too - that’s the most important thing (and where vaccines do help).

At the peak of the first and second waves I only knew two people (away from the forum) who got Covid and one works in a job where it was only a matter of time. For the third wave, I know two people already and it’s not even peaked yet.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Three days on 21:11 - Jul 21 with 2240 viewsvapour_trail

Three days on 20:59 - Jul 21 by pointofblue

At the peak of the first and second waves I only knew two people (away from the forum) who got Covid and one works in a job where it was only a matter of time. For the third wave, I know two people already and it’s not even peaked yet.

Two? I know sh1tloads this time round.

Discount the first wave though, there was no testing capacity at that point, I’m sure I had something similar to what I’ve had this last week in feb 2020.

Three days on 22:44 - Jul 21 with 2050 viewstownblue

Three days on 21:11 - Jul 21 by vapour_trail

Discount the first wave though, there was no testing capacity at that point, I’m sure I had something similar to what I’ve had this last week in feb 2020.

I've heard the same from others. Some from earlier too.
Login to get fewer ads

Three days on 22:47 - Jul 21 with 2035 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are soon feeling better and that you can get your money back for the holiday.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Three days on 10:05 - Jul 22 with 1767 viewsLightworker

Sorry to hear that, its rotten luck right before your holiday. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm definitely hearing this quite a lot at the moment, should we be concerned that a variant is escaping the vaccines?

I'm double jabbed and have been fine but I know of at least 3 people who have tested positive. Conversely, I know of one couple who are unvaccinated and are into natural health and they have not had so much as a sniffle all through the pandemic. All a bit strange really.
Three days on 10:10 - Jul 22 with 1742 viewsKieran_Knows

I posted the other day, but last week after attending the Euro Final at Wembley I showed all the symptoms of this 'delta' variant, cold, sneezing, sore throat, the lot. Done several LFT at home, all came back negative, and done 1 PCR test which also came back negative. I have had 1 dose of the vaccine, with my 2nd next Tuesday.

I find it very strange that I have simply have a 'cold' at this time of the year, but I was out in the p*ssing rain in London on Finals night as had to walk 30 minutes for the tube and was only in shorts and t-shirt, so that probably didn't help!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Three days on 10:25 - Jul 22 with 1694 viewsSteve_M

Three days on 21:11 - Jul 21 by vapour_trail

Yes, I definitely know far more people with covid at the moment. All the adults are double vaccinated too.

At least three of those are at work, fortunately I've manages to avoid it despite being in for one day last week.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Three days on 10:48 - Jul 22 with 1634 viewsSwansea_Blue

Three days on 20:59 - Jul 21 by pointofblue

I’m the opposite. The 2nd wave ripped through S Wales before Christmas with friends and schools dropping like flies, but this time I don’t think I know anyone who’s had it. Our local high school had a year group out a couple of weeks ago, but amongst people we know or friends of friends we’ve been ok (so far).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Three days on 10:56 - Jul 22 with 1605 viewsmikeybloo88

How many times does it need repeating? Being double vaccinated doesn't stop you getting it...it reduces the chances, especially if you are in lengthy contact with a positive double vacced person, but you can still get it readily from single or non vacced people. Worth pointing out though that whilst we've heard on here of a few cases, there are many millions of people not catching it too... Keep masked indoors, stay distanced, choose where you go and who you meet wisely if you can. Now clubs are open again, be extra wary of contact with younger people...
Three days on 11:42 - Jul 22 with 1571 viewsPinewoodblue

Three days on 10:56 - Jul 22 by mikeybloo88

How many times does it need repeating? Being double vaccinated doesn't stop you getting it...it reduces the chances, especially if you are in lengthy contact with a positive double vacced person, but you can still get it readily from single or non vacced people. Worth pointing out though that whilst we've heard on here of a few cases, there are many millions of people not catching it too... Keep masked indoors, stay distanced, choose where you go and who you meet wisely if you can. Now clubs are open again, be extra wary of contact with younger people...

Had a meal out yesterday at pub/ restaurant on east side of town. One member of staff wearing visor, none wearing mask. No table service, order at bar.

Older customers all masked when they came in or went to bar. No one under 25-30 wore a mask.

Staff were saying people are staying at home rather than risking it. Was much quieter than usual, if went again and it was much busier would give it a miss and go elsewhere.

You are so right when you say choose where you go and be wary around youngsters.

On the other hand had email from restaurant in Bury St Edmunds with Covid update. All staff will, for the time being continue to wear masks although customers have free choice. No other changes apart from relaxing rule of six.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Three days on 12:12 - Jul 22 with 1494 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Three days on 10:10 - Jul 22 by Kieran_Knows

I posted the other day, but last week after attending the Euro Final at Wembley I showed all the symptoms of this 'delta' variant, cold, sneezing, sore throat, the lot. Done several LFT at home, all came back negative, and done 1 PCR test which also came back negative. I have had 1 dose of the vaccine, with my 2nd next Tuesday.

I find it very strange that I have simply have a 'cold' at this time of the year, but I was out in the p*ssing rain in London on Finals night as had to walk 30 minutes for the tube and was only in shorts and t-shirt, so that probably didn't help!

I was exactly the same mate. Went to all the England games and was expecting to get it. Got a fairly bad cold last week but tested at home multiple times plus one PCR and all negative. Fine now. Think I got it from the kids.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 13:21]
Three days on 12:13 - Jul 22 with 1492 viewsDurovigutum

Team GB shooter Amber Hill, the favorite for the skeet competition coming up on Sunday, was forced to withdraw after testing positive. The 23-year-old is No.1 in the world in her discipline. "There are no words to describe how I’m feeling right now," she said. “After five years of training and preparation, I’m absolutely devastated ... [that] I’ve had to withdraw from Team GB’s shooting team."
Three days on 12:27 - Jul 22 with 1436 viewsKieran_Knows

Three days on 12:12 - Jul 22 by PrideOfTheEast

I was exactly the same mate. Went to all the England games and was expecting to get it. Got a fairly bad cold last week but tested at home multiple times plus one PCR and all negative. Fine now. Think I got it from the kids.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 13:21]

Strange isn't it! I was fine Monday and Tuesday, but Wednesday it knocked me off my feet and I spent most of the day in bed ... however come Thursday, I was absolutely fine again, other than a blocked nose. Like yourself, feel absolutely fine now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Three days on 13:37 - Jul 22 with 1318 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

We were going to drive to the Cairngorms, then on to Inverness. We managed to cancel the hotels and restaurant we had booked.

Half an hour waiting for Lothian Trace and Protect to answer the phone. Awaiting the call back from them.

Because my wife and son haven't contracted the virus yet, I have been banished to one downstairs room. Although I have access to tv and Netflix, I can't watch it with them.

So I think I may be on here a lot over the next week and a half. Apologies in advance for the stir crazy postings in the middle of next week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024