Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... 06:10 - Aug 5 with 1090 viewsEricsGate

What’s everyone’s expectations and what would make you happy come May?

For me, seeing the real passion back in the stadium and right in the promotion hunt with hopefully a moment to look into the sky and think of my may dad who passed away recently and was a lifelong fan and season ticket holder and say “we did it dad, we are one step closer to being the Ipswich you fell in love with”
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 6:12]

Poll: Positive or Negative towards Paul Cook..,?

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 06:26 - Aug 5 with 1049 viewsKropotkin123

Not sure what to expect. But I'm hoping for automatic promotion and a decent playing style that we can build upon in the Championship.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 06:45 - Aug 5 with 1019 viewspennblue

I want to see a team of winners. Where when they take to the pitch, they EXPECT to win, and on the rare occasion they don't, it is a blip, and the following week it is put right.

Mentality has to be right from the start.

If players can't hack that as a baseline standard, then they should disappear off and find another club.

I don't want to hear any more pony excuses from players.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 7:21]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 07:41 - Aug 5 with 947 viewsIpswichKnight

To see us actually win a game at PR! Been far to long since I saw us win!
So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 07:44 - Aug 5 with 945 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Nice words pal. I hope we get promotion (obviously) but even more so now for your dad.

As for what I want? I’d like us to create the feel good atmosphere home and away like the playoff season under Mick. Everyone was together and the club felt united. We’ve not had that pretty much at any point since so I hope we get back to that. And away days. Lots and lots of away days without lockdowns stopping me getting pissed with my mates in random towns like Burton. They’re the days I love and have missed most. Showing ‘my Ipswich’ off to my pals on some great days in some strange places across the country. Saturday will be great. But 9 days time will be better.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 08:57 - Aug 5 with 842 viewsjayessess

I'm hopeful we'll get it together quicker than many are expecting. If and when we're up there I think we'll be hard to dislodge.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 09:03 - Aug 5 with 832 viewsRobTheMonk

A 2-0 win first day with some more signings during the week.

End of season - top 6 bare minimum.
So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 09:05 - Aug 5 with 825 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Christmas and my birthday.
Expecting socks, a mug, red wine and a win.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 09:07 - Aug 5 with 822 viewsunstableblue

I just want to see glimpses of elements of a model working on Saturday that can in time see us grow into nailed on promotion contenders..

Some players standing out
Some real desire
Passages of attacking and expansive play

If it’s a little ragged, inconsistent, slow at times… that’s fine… but just need to see those green shoots Saturday… doesn’t need to be perfect

A flat performance… that will be hard to take

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 09:14 - Aug 5 with 799 viewsportmanroadblue

A reaction from going behind in a game, and still believing we can make a come back and win the game, rather than heads down and moping about knowing we have no chance of getting an equaliser, let alone a win :-(
So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 10:32 - Aug 5 with 740 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd like to see effort and commitment, some entertaining football with a bit of quality sprinkled in (got to be realistic, as we're in L1 after all), and to feel proud about the club again. Promotion will be a bonus, but I'm not expecting it as a given after a complete rebuild.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 11:10 - Aug 5 with 706 views3_5_2

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 09:07 - Aug 5 by unstableblue

I just want to see glimpses of elements of a model working on Saturday that can in time see us grow into nailed on promotion contenders..

Some players standing out
Some real desire
Passages of attacking and expansive play

If it’s a little ragged, inconsistent, slow at times… that’s fine… but just need to see those green shoots Saturday… doesn’t need to be perfect

A flat performance… that will be hard to take

This

A win, with green shoots

Cant wait to get to PR again

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 11:28 - Aug 5 with 676 viewsLeoMuff

Any form of victory will suffice Saturday ..but in May promotion or play offs, playing a decent style, with a team with resilience and attitude, brought sensibly as the first 10 recruits have been.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 11:29]

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 11:43 - Aug 5 with 648 viewsMediocre_Quick

Automatic promotion would be nice, wouldn't mind a little battle through the Play Offs and a day out to Wembley so I can take the sprog and give her the full football experience,
So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 16:40 - Aug 5 with 558 viewssolemio

So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 09:05 - Aug 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Christmas and my birthday.
Expecting socks, a mug, red wine and a win.

Careful; you'll get the habitual arguments going about Yorkshire pudding if you're not. These don't usually start until around 20 Dec.
So..... 48 hours until Xmas day arrives... on 16:44 - Aug 5 with 547 viewswkj

I just hope to god we have a comfortable win on Saturday. If we don't, the fan base will deflate and things will feel horrible again, with a smattering of people saying "I told you so" re Gamecahnger20

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024