Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... 00:23 - Sep 15 with 1880 viewsLowie

The coaching set up is utterly shambolic. If he was any cop, he'd have got a tune out of our squad last year, instead he threw them under the bus.

Cook is totally over rated. Lambert, Hurst, Jewell and Keane all had proven track records of success. However, we have to judge managers on what they do HERE. We have given too many managers far too much time in the past, to the serious detriment of the club.

This isn't working. He is our least successful manager ever, the win rate is worse than dire. ITFC are languishing at our lowest position in the football league for goodness knows how long, certainly since the 50s. There are clearly somethings that have gone hugely wrong behind the scenes and we need to end this now.

We need a manager that can COACH the players, improve them, develop them, etc. I see none of that.

[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 0:27]
He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 03:58 - Sep 15 with 1638 viewsfloridablue

So... who's your manager of choice?
He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 05:30 - Sep 15 with 1586 viewsnoggin

You're gonna look a little silly if Cook turns it around.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 05:37 - Sep 15 with 1585 viewstextbackup

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 05:30 - Sep 15 by noggin

There’s nothing wrong with being worried/passionate about what’s going on at the club you support.

I want him to turn this around, but I just can’t see it happening. Different players, same words spoken (soft touch, didn’t create enough)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 06:46 - Sep 15 with 1414 viewschicoazul

Cook has a proven track record of success, arguably more so at the level we are at than the others you mention. You must be right though, something behind the scenes has gone catastrophically wrong.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 06:55 - Sep 15 with 1371 viewsStewart27

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 05:30 - Sep 15 by noggin

I’m sure the OP, like many others want to look silly if he turns it around.
He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 07:40 - Sep 15 with 1179 viewsjimmyvet

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 06:46 - Sep 15 by chicoazul

Cook has a proven track record of success, arguably more so at the level we are at than the others you mention. You must be right though, something behind the scenes has gone catastrophically wrong.

What is his proven level of success he has been in management for over 15 years what has he achieved?
He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 07:44 - Sep 15 with 1153 viewsnoggin

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 07:40 - Sep 15 by jimmyvet

What is his proven level of success he has been in management for over 15 years what has he achieved?

Yeah, we should be looking at Klopp innit.

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 07:47 - Sep 15 with 1125 viewsnoggin

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 05:37 - Sep 15 by textbackup

There’s nothing wrong with being worried/passionate about what’s going on at the club you support.

I want him to turn this around, but I just can’t see it happening. Different players, same words spoken (soft touch, didn’t create enough)

One thing being worried, we're all worried, another thing making bold unfounded statements like the op.

Login to get fewer ads

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 07:56 - Sep 15 with 1054 viewsScuzzer

What guts?

Established 1968

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 08:15 - Sep 15 with 919 viewsITFC_Forever

Cook HAS got proven track record of success though....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 08:28 - Sep 15 with 854 viewsJon_456

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 07:40 - Sep 15 by jimmyvet

Cook History:

Southport - Sacked (6 months)

Sligo - Qualified for Uefa cup, lost in final of FAI cup, won FAI cup 2nd season, won FAI cup again season after. (5 years)

Accrington - Guided them to 14th in League 2 after taking over in February before leaving for Chesterfield in October (8 months)

Chesterfield - Missed out on play offs by 2 points first season. Won League 2 second season. Lost in League 1 play off final 3rd season. (3 years)

Portsmouth - Won League 2 title (2 years)

Wigan - Won League 1 title and would have comfortably stayed up in the champ if not for points deduction.

When given time, its clear he has success everywhere he goes. Unfortunately for him he may not have enough time to turn this round.
He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 08:35 - Sep 15 with 818 viewsbraveblue

We must give him time. He has a track record of success and we were in dire straights long before his arrival. The squad got the past three years did nothing for us. They had to go. He must have time to put a completely new team together. 6 league games!!!
He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 08:36 - Sep 15 with 814 viewsEly_Blue

And breathe…….

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 08:38 - Sep 15 with 796 viewsjayessess

He's ripped the guts out of this club and this is what we're left with... on 08:28 - Sep 15 by Jon_456

Cook History:

Southport - Sacked (6 months)

Sligo - Qualified for Uefa cup, lost in final of FAI cup, won FAI cup 2nd season, won FAI cup again season after. (5 years)

Accrington - Guided them to 14th in League 2 after taking over in February before leaving for Chesterfield in October (8 months)

Chesterfield - Missed out on play offs by 2 points first season. Won League 2 second season. Lost in League 1 play off final 3rd season. (3 years)

Portsmouth - Won League 2 title (2 years)

Wigan - Won League 1 title and would have comfortably stayed up in the champ if not for points deduction.

When given time, its clear he has success everywhere he goes. Unfortunately for him he may not have enough time to turn this round.

Was he "given time" in those posts or did he earn it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024