Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' 11:40 - Sep 19 with 2026 viewsFixed_It

Strange that the two nearest defenders didn't appeal then, Michael...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 11:42 - Sep 19 with 1993 viewsbluefunk

I was in the ground and I didn’t, and the replay doesn’t show a push, just a stronger player
Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 11:44 - Sep 19 with 1969 viewsFtnfwest

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 11:42 - Sep 19 by bluefunk

I was in the ground and I didn’t, and the replay doesn’t show a push, just a stronger player

Exactly, when seferovic did the same thing in scoring against France in the euros for the Swiss, everyone was saying what a good strikers goal it was
Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 17:10 - Sep 19 with 1707 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Defender went flying, but Bonne seemed some way off him to me.
Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 17:20 - Sep 19 with 1667 viewsronnyd

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 17:10 - Sep 19 by Alberto_the_frog

Defender went flying, but Bonne seemed some way off him to me.

Think the defender realised that he'd been done and was trying to con the Ref.
Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 06:29 - Sep 20 with 1329 viewsbobbyramsey

Or the officials.......
About 4 players near to the incident and the player himself didn’t complain!! (n/t) on 07:52 - Sep 20 with 1186 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 08:37 - Sep 20 with 1079 viewsericclacton

Sour grapes, that was a brilliant goal.

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 10:46 - Sep 20 with 919 viewsWickets

Yes just a token appeal from them most seemed resigned to fact it was a goal and defenders need to be a lot stronger than their CB was .
Login to get fewer ads

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 10:46 - Sep 20 with 917 viewsbaxterbasics

Was that Nicole or Natalie?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 10:49 - Sep 20 with 906 viewsArnieM

Ive watched that clip countless times and their defender threw himself to the floor imo once he realised Bonne had beaten him in the air. He tried to win a free kick. Bonne couldn’t have jumped more cleanly IMO, even his arms were by his sides and he didn’t put a hand on their player.

Sour grapes Mr Appleton…..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 10:53 - Sep 20 with 887 viewsWickets

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 10:49 - Sep 20 by ArnieM

Ive watched that clip countless times and their defender threw himself to the floor imo once he realised Bonne had beaten him in the air. He tried to win a free kick. Bonne couldn’t have jumped more cleanly IMO, even his arms were by his sides and he didn’t put a hand on their player.

Sour grapes Mr Appleton…..

And the Ref was close got a good view and was in no doubt .
Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 10:56 - Sep 20 with 870 viewsBlueySwede

Watched on Ifollow and didn´t see anything wrong with the goal at all. Neither did my best friend and he is more neutral than me when it comes to Ipswich.
Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 11:00 - Sep 20 with 859 viewsPhilTWTD

Bridcutt definitely appeals as does Eyoma.
Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 11:09 - Sep 20 with 835 viewsitfcjoe

Defender overruns the ball and has to stop so contact looks worse - probably in the 'seen them given' category and one that could have gone either way without being a gross injustice either way

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 11:11 - Sep 20 with 827 viewsBlueStreak

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 11:00 - Sep 20 by PhilTWTD

Bridcutt definitely appeals as does Eyoma.

Taking the blue tinted glasses off, I thought it was a foul. Can definitely see why the ref may have given it and Bridcutt seemed to have the same view.

That being said, we have had some shockers against us and this was marginal at best. Plus it was a brilliant cross and header so would have been a travesty if it had been disallowed.
Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 11:12 - Sep 20 with 818 viewstractorshark

there was contact but the defender is looking for a free-kick. He throws himself to the ground.
It's one of those where more often than not the goal is disallowed but probably for the wrong reason.
If your centre-half decides to sling himself to the floor in the hope of winning a free-kick, it's a dangerous gamble.
We've seen goalkeepers given way too much protection in similar situations.
Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 11:30 - Sep 20 with 771 viewsPhilTWTD

Appleton - 'Everyone in the ground could see it was a push' on 11:11 - Sep 20 by BlueStreak

Taking the blue tinted glasses off, I thought it was a foul. Can definitely see why the ref may have given it and Bridcutt seemed to have the same view.

That being said, we have had some shockers against us and this was marginal at best. Plus it was a brilliant cross and header so would have been a travesty if it had been disallowed.

I did as well, was an obvious two-handed push but perhaps the referee was at a poor angle to see that. I was expecting the linesman to flag, I have to admit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024