Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Athletic piece on Derby 13:21 - Sep 21 with 3939 viewshype313

Saying any prospective new owner would have to put in an initial £50m to just clear the debts before they can even think about the playing staff.

Chances of liquidation now 50/50.

As much as they gambled, that would be horrific for the fans if they folded.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Athletic piece on Derby on 16:03 - Sep 23 with 445 viewsjayessess

The Athletic piece on Derby on 15:07 - Sep 23 by itfc_bucks

I've really tried hard to feel sorry for them, but there's a major arrogance about so many of them. Yes, they had their glory years and they used to be a big club, but that ended a long time ago now.

They aren't owed a thing, they don't "deserve" to be top flight and I stand by my earlier comment - I don't want to see the club go under (and this is looking more likely by the day), but a period of trawling around down around L1/2 would be an entirely deserved reality check.

This stuff makes me laugh, it really does. As if we'd have been any different in their shoes. I must have imagined all the "Chequebook FC" crap this Summer and the crowing about our riches when Evans first showed up.

If Evans or Gamechanger made financial decisions just as recklessly as Mel Morris, most people would lap it up, make excuses for them, accuse other club's fans of jealousy if they questioned it, right up to the moment the club started to circle the drain. We all know this.

The issue, as always, is that football fans are in no position to know much about their club's true financial position until it's too late. They are therefore dependent on every rich guy who shows up as owner being responsible and wise. That shouldn't be the case and the EFL should craft rules that make sure it isn't the case.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 16:16]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The Athletic piece on Derby on 16:09 - Sep 23 with 434 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Athletic piece on Derby on 13:40 - Sep 21 by hype313

£20m to US party and £30m to HMRC

ouch

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Athletic piece on Derby on 16:14 - Sep 23 with 415 viewsChurchman

The Athletic piece on Derby on 15:07 - Sep 23 by itfc_bucks

I've really tried hard to feel sorry for them, but there's a major arrogance about so many of them. Yes, they had their glory years and they used to be a big club, but that ended a long time ago now.

They aren't owed a thing, they don't "deserve" to be top flight and I stand by my earlier comment - I don't want to see the club go under (and this is looking more likely by the day), but a period of trawling around down around L1/2 would be an entirely deserved reality check.

Actually, Derby were only ever a mid size club in the same bracket as Forest, WBA, Southampton, Leicester etc. Their record attendance is only 3000 more than ours (at the Baseball Ground - now there was a place that could generate some atmos). They won a couple of titles in the early/mid 70s and an FA Cup after the war - not a million miles off our achievements.

They are however a ‘Name’ with a history, so I’ve no doubt they’ll be rescued. As for the stadium, I can only see Morris continuing to lease it to them or it being bought by their new owners. What other use does it have for him? While say £150m sounds telephone numbers, there are people and consortiums out there with plenty of money who will see them as an attractive proposition in the way the Americans have us. They will be ok, though the short term looks grim.

I hope they survive, not least because a good friend of mine is from there and while she’s not massively into football, she follows Derby, was a WAG back in the day but wound up marrying a Derbyshire cricketer instead! It didn’t last and neither did his career.
The Athletic piece on Derby on 16:16 - Sep 23 with 410 viewshype313

The Athletic piece on Derby on 16:14 - Sep 23 by Churchman

Actually, Derby were only ever a mid size club in the same bracket as Forest, WBA, Southampton, Leicester etc. Their record attendance is only 3000 more than ours (at the Baseball Ground - now there was a place that could generate some atmos). They won a couple of titles in the early/mid 70s and an FA Cup after the war - not a million miles off our achievements.

They are however a ‘Name’ with a history, so I’ve no doubt they’ll be rescued. As for the stadium, I can only see Morris continuing to lease it to them or it being bought by their new owners. What other use does it have for him? While say £150m sounds telephone numbers, there are people and consortiums out there with plenty of money who will see them as an attractive proposition in the way the Americans have us. They will be ok, though the short term looks grim.

I hope they survive, not least because a good friend of mine is from there and while she’s not massively into football, she follows Derby, was a WAG back in the day but wound up marrying a Derbyshire cricketer instead! It didn’t last and neither did his career.

The administrators have said that there has been keen interest over the past few days (Funny that)

However, all I can see is vultures picking at a carcass.

These Vultures won't be the sort of people that you would want owning your club.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Athletic piece on Derby on 16:18 - Sep 23 with 404 viewsChurchman

The Athletic piece on Derby on 16:16 - Sep 23 by hype313

The administrators have said that there has been keen interest over the past few days (Funny that)

However, all I can see is vultures picking at a carcass.

These Vultures won't be the sort of people that you would want owning your club.

The vultures, chancers and scumbags - that’s always the risk, isn’t it.

Edit: had a look a the DCFC forum. It’s very much a mix of confusion, make believe, desperation, blame, fear, stupidity, sense of entitlement and frustration. All as one would expect.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 22:01]
The Athletic piece on Derby on 16:43 - Sep 23 with 358 viewsElderGrizzly

The Athletic piece on Derby on 14:36 - Sep 23 by JammyDodgerrr

I mean, it just isn't going to happen is it? In reality its a league two club as well because even if they don't get a points deduction for next year, they are unlikely to have the strength to stay up. Feel for the fans, it looks bleak.

And now Rooney is turning on Morris. Oh well :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024