Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re watching the Wire 22:04 - Sep 22 with 1193 viewsGlasgowBlue

I gotta ask you mu’fkers if anyone can understand a word Snoop says without subtitles?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Re watching the Wire on 22:29 - Sep 22 with 1148 viewsreusersfreekicks

First few eposodes took some serious concentration to keep up.
Re watching the Wire on 22:43 - Sep 22 with 1122 viewsLord_Lucan

I really want to watch The Wire. I tried a few years back but I couldn't understand what The Mothers were saying so I gave up after 10 mins

Keep thinking about watching it with subtitles but I hate subtitles as you can't do the odd bit of work whilst watching it.

I suppose what I am asking is is it worth it? I'm currently re watching The Sopranos

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Re watching the Wire on 22:44 - Sep 22 with 1115 viewsGlasgowBlue

Re watching the Wire on 22:43 - Sep 22 by Lord_Lucan

I really want to watch The Wire. I tried a few years back but I couldn't understand what The Mothers were saying so I gave up after 10 mins

Keep thinking about watching it with subtitles but I hate subtitles as you can't do the odd bit of work whilst watching it.

I suppose what I am asking is is it worth it? I'm currently re watching The Sopranos

Yeah well worth it. Like the Sopranos there are some fantastic characters and storylines.

Iron Lion Zion

Re watching the Wire on 22:54 - Sep 22 with 1084 viewsIllinoisblue

All a mystery right up until “how my hair look, Mike?”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Re watching the Wire on 22:55 - Sep 22 with 1085 viewsIllinoisblue

I would say The Wire is the best TV show ever made. Watch it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Re watching the Wire on 23:06 - Sep 22 with 1060 viewsHerbivore

I could understand her, but I'm street AF.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Re watching the Wire on 23:12 - Sep 22 with 1047 viewsGlasgowBlue

Re watching the Wire on 23:06 - Sep 22 by Herbivore

I could understand her, but I'm street AF.

Iron Lion Zion

Re watching the Wire on 08:01 - Sep 23 with 855 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

It’s definitely worth it. Don’t get hung up about understanding every word. You can pick up the gist of what’s what and it doesn’t take too long for your ear to become attuned.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Login to get fewer ads

Re watching the Wire on 08:05 - Sep 23 with 838 viewsWarkystache

I'm re-watching Ozark in anticipation of the new series. Gets even better after a second watch.

I'll probably do the same with Better call Saul when that's eventually released next year.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Re watching the Wire on 08:16 - Sep 23 with 829 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Re watching the Wire on 08:05 - Sep 23 by Warkystache

I'm re-watching Ozark in anticipation of the new series. Gets even better after a second watch.

I'll probably do the same with Better call Saul when that's eventually released next year.

With you on Ozark, that's probably slipped under the radar a little and of course, the Wire is legendary, easy in my top 3, no question.

Better call Saul though is rubbish. I did half an episode before flicking that bad boy over.
Re watching the Wire on 08:58 - Sep 23 with 789 viewsBluefields

Re watching the Wire on 22:44 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah well worth it. Like the Sopranos there are some fantastic characters and storylines.

Watched The Many Saints of Newark last night and it was decent. Mainly follows the story of Dickie Moltisanti and a young Tony Soprano's relationship during the late 60's against the back drop of the Newark riots.
Re watching the Wire on 12:44 - Sep 23 with 728 viewsCotty

The first few episodes are particularly impenetrable but it gets easier.
Re watching the Wire on 13:11 - Sep 23 with 697 viewsgiant_stow

Re watching the Wire on 08:16 - Sep 23 by BlueBlueBluex2

With you on Ozark, that's probably slipped under the radar a little and of course, the Wire is legendary, easy in my top 3, no question.

Better call Saul though is rubbish. I did half an episode before flicking that bad boy over.

You gave up too soon - Better Call Saul is right up there with Breaking Bad and the Wire.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 13:12]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Re watching the Wire on 13:22 - Sep 23 with 671 viewsitfcjoe

Re watching the Wire on 13:11 - Sep 23 by giant_stow

You gave up too soon - Better Call Saul is right up there with Breaking Bad and the Wire.

Not for me Clive, I kept watching BCS and must have got 3 or 4 seasons in but it just never got anywhere near those mentioned for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Re watching the Wire on 13:24 - Sep 23 with 667 viewsHerbivore

Re watching the Wire on 13:11 - Sep 23 by giant_stow

I'm with you. It seems to divide opinion though, I guess perhaps because it's more of a slow burner than Breaking Bad. I think it's awesome.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Re watching the Wire on 15:43 - Sep 23 with 622 viewsgiant_stow

Re watching the Wire on 13:24 - Sep 23 by Herbivore

I'm with you. It seems to divide opinion though, I guess perhaps because it's more of a slow burner than Breaking Bad. I think it's awesome.

I can't wait for the next series and particularly what becomes of their relationship. Ozark is a cracker too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Re watching the Wire on 17:09 - Sep 23 with 587 viewsRomeo4

Another thumbs up for BCS from me. Perhaps doesn’t hit the heights of Breaking Bad (tough act to follow) but really excellent all the same. Can’t wait for the final season, just hope Bob Odenkirk is ok and can complete it.

Love the Wire too.
Re watching the Wire on 17:12 - Sep 23 with 585 viewstextbackup

my mate has gone on and on about this program for a while, telling me how good it is....

i've really tried, 2/3 times to get into it..... just cant at all, almost to the point of finding it boring

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024