Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. 21:25 - Sep 25 with 1356 viewsPinewoodblue

Should Brighton beat Crystal Palace Monday evening they go top of Premier League.

Nothing is impossible.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 21:33 - Sep 25 with 1295 viewsRyorry

Um - sorry, but I don't find it difficult at all -

1. "If"
2. It's September in a new season, and
3. I'm old enough to remember Brighton doing well in the top tier.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 21:51 - Sep 25 with 1252 viewsEdwardStone

Don't they have a long-term rivalry?

A sort of Turd Club Derby?
Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 22:41 - Sep 25 with 1159 viewsGarv

Brighton are a class outfit and a rare case of a team willing to pass forward at almost every opportunity.

They were great to watch last season but couldn't get the ball in the net.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 23:31 - Sep 25 with 1091 viewsGodzilla

Happy days. Maybe one day this can happen again, we went up to first premier league and Brighton' went down.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6mza9j
Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 09:00 - Sep 26 with 914 viewsWeWereZombies

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 22:41 - Sep 25 by Garv

Brighton are a class outfit and a rare case of a team willing to pass forward at almost every opportunity.

And if the whispers have any substance Graham Potter could have been Town's manager instead of Paul Hurst if Marcus Evans had even shown an ounce of nous.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 11:18 - Sep 26 with 851 viewspatrickswell

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 09:00 - Sep 26 by WeWereZombies

And if the whispers have any substance Graham Potter could have been Town's manager instead of Paul Hurst if Marcus Evans had even shown an ounce of nous.

Indeed, but I suspect that Potter would have been worried that Evans would give him a smaller budget to work with than he had at Ostersunds.

Killer irony that Hurst’s only ITFC victory came at Potter’s expense.
Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 11:26 - Sep 26 with 833 views_sanctimoanious_

It's September. Didn't Phil Brown have Hull top of the Prem in November 2008? They just avoided relegation.
Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 14:48 - Sep 26 with 770 viewsJ2BLUE

It's September. Not that difficult...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 15:15 - Sep 26 with 741 viewsWeWereZombies

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 14:48 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

It's September. Not that difficult...

Unless you are Arsenal.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 16:00 - Sep 26 with 712 viewsSwansea_Blue

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 22:41 - Sep 25 by Garv

Yeah, you can see why they've stuck with Potter despite flirting with relegation for 2 seasons. They've received plaudits during that time, even though, as you say, the final ball wasn't quite dropping for them. They've had bad luck with injuries as well I think.

The thing that struck me about Potter when he was down here was his emotional intelligence. When he spoke it was often worst listening to, rather than the bunch of meaningless sound bites you often get from managers. I think he's put some effort into getting qualifications around leadership and emotional intelligence on top of his coaching badges.

He's clearly a thinker and spends a lot of time building squad relationships, improving player self awareness, working on confidence and resilience, etc. And it shows. His Swansea team had a real team spirit about them. He got the best out of Celina too, which as we know is no mean feat. His Östersund team obviously punched well above their weight off the back of great togetherness too.

A very good manager/leader. Reminds me in some ways of Brendan Rodgers. Both build up and support their players (e.g. they'd not call players useless and say they're all going to be sold at the end of the season!).

Funnily enough we could have ended up with either Rodgers or Potter before they made their names in England. That we didn't kind of says it all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 16:33 - Sep 27 with 494 viewsBlueBlood90

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 09:00 - Sep 26 by WeWereZombies

I've often thought back to this as well. I wonder where we'd be now if we had managed to appoint Potter instead of Hurst. I very much doubt we'd be fourth bottom of League One!

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Difficult to comprehend this happening but….. on 19:42 - Sep 27 with 433 viewsElderGrizzly

Nothing is impossible*

*If your owner throws £180m at you
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024