Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I love Wes Burns 20:01 - Sep 30 with 2448 viewsdominiciawful

Just wanted to put that out there.

Such a consistent and good performer for us this season. I love watching him take players on.

What a man.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

I love Wes Burns on 21:18 - Sep 30 with 2337 viewsOwainG1992

He's a fabulous option it seems.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

I love Wes Burns on 21:21 - Sep 30 with 2334 viewshave_a_word_with_him

I think it's reflective of having a manager that knows what a good player looks like, wanting to get him, and a CEO who gets the deal done. Burns is a fantastic signing, what a massive step up from what we had.
I love Wes Burns on 21:35 - Sep 30 with 2282 viewsTractorCam

Indeed, compare him to Judge who a fair few wanted to keep because he scored a few goals near the end of his time here

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I love Wes Burns on 21:36 - Sep 30 with 2271 viewsReuser_is_God

Wesley Burns Wesley Burns
Running down the wing
Wesley Burns Wesley Burns
Makes the Ipswich sing
Feared by the yellows
Loved by the blues
Wesley Burns Wesley Burns Wesley Burns

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I love Wes Burns on 21:38 - Sep 30 with 2248 viewsBurns7

I may agree.
I love Wes Burns on 21:42 - Sep 30 with 2241 viewshave_a_word_with_him

I love Wes Burns on 21:35 - Sep 30 by TractorCam

Indeed, compare him to Judge who a fair few wanted to keep because he scored a few goals near the end of his time here

That's a fair point, Judge was a total passenger once he had a perm contract with us, didn't influence one game from what I can remember. Burns is just dynamic. Did Cook get that call on Judge right then, in hindsight,... er yes. He also seems to be pretty good in his judgement in getting Bonne, Piggott, Edwards, Celina, Fraser, Chaplin, Evans, Harper, Morsy, Harper, Burgess, Edmundson, Coulson, Penney, and Hladcky right as well. Did I miss anyone? This squad is miles ahead of last year's, miles.
I love Wes Burns on 21:43 - Sep 30 with 2234 viewsOwainG1992

I love Wes Burns on 21:35 - Sep 30 by TractorCam

Mate I wanted to keep Judge,
Felt he was our only midfield threat.
It's crazy how times change!

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Compare to the very inconsistent Edwards more like on 22:37 - Sep 30 with 2106 viewsunstableblue

I love Wes Burns on 21:43 - Sep 30 by OwainG1992

Who we wanted to keep and isn't getting in the Wigan first team

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

I love Wes Burns on 22:55 - Sep 30 with 2049 viewsBonchosBicycle

I love Wes Burns on 21:42 - Sep 30 by have_a_word_with_him

That's a fair point, Judge was a total passenger once he had a perm contract with us, didn't influence one game from what I can remember. Burns is just dynamic. Did Cook get that call on Judge right then, in hindsight,... er yes. He also seems to be pretty good in his judgement in getting Bonne, Piggott, Edwards, Celina, Fraser, Chaplin, Evans, Harper, Morsy, Harper, Burgess, Edmundson, Coulson, Penney, and Hladcky right as well. Did I miss anyone? This squad is miles ahead of last year's, miles.

It's almost an embarrassment of riches. I think about how the last couple of years we've banged on about having the best squad in the league - and we probably did more or less. But this is ridiculous.
I love Wes Burns on 22:56 - Sep 30 with 2048 viewsOsborneOneNil

It’s like night and day compared to the squads of the last few years. Not just proper men, but proper footballers.
I love Wes Burns on 23:06 - Sep 30 with 2026 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I love Wes Burns on 22:56 - Sep 30 by OsborneOneNil

It’s like night and day compared to the squads of the last few years. Not just proper men, but proper footballers.

This. And they have attributes that mean they make an impact.
I love Wes Burns on 00:24 - Oct 1 with 1922 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

He really is a super player and works his socks off!

BBM Jr and I sit very near to the dugout and watch Wes closely during games. Cook is always in his ear, trying to improve his positioning or getting him to press.

A lovely turn of pace and he gets the ball into dangerous areas. Bonne and Co can make runs into these areas and attack the ball, which can result in goals.

It's a joy to watch the partnership and understanding that Burns and Bonne are developing, and long may this continue.

This season is shaping up to be the opposite of the previous two; slow start leading up to a strong finish!
I love Wes Burns on 02:20 - Oct 1 with 1871 viewstextbackup

I love Wes Burns on 22:56 - Sep 30 by OsborneOneNil

every single player we have in this squad is a huge upgrade on anything we've had since that playoff team.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I love Wes Burns on 07:07 - Oct 1 with 1738 viewsTractorJack

Great one on one but his movement in behind in particular is such an asset.
I love Wes Burns on 07:29 - Oct 1 with 1711 viewschrismakin

Whilst I too am keen on Burns. It's fraser for me who many appear to underestimate. His weight of pass. Vision and ability to make a yard of space with little pace Is incredible. Not sure how he'd fair higher up but for this league he's great to watch

Burns is different gravy. A complete player on the right, knows how to track. Gets forward. For me he's finishing needs work and to not be afraid of his left foot.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Compare to the very inconsistent Edwards more like on 10:21 - Oct 1 with 1539 viewsBlueBadger

Compare to the very inconsistent Edwards more like on 22:37 - Sep 30 by unstableblue

Who we wanted to keep and isn't getting in the Wigan first team

Quite difficult to get into the Wigan first team when you sign for Colchester...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I love Wes Burns on 10:22 - Oct 1 with 1537 viewsBlueBadger

He was ineffective when he was on loan as well...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I love Wes Burns on 10:33 - Oct 1 with 1503 viewsPiercingBlue

He wears a headband well
Compare to the very inconsistent Edwards more like on 11:07 - Oct 1 with 1471 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Compare to the very inconsistent Edwards more like on 10:21 - Oct 1 by BlueBadger

Quite difficult to get into the Wigan first team when you sign for Colchester...

Eh? Gwion plays* for Wigan.

*or doesn't play
I love Wes Burns on 11:38 - Oct 1 with 1398 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well said. A bit of an unsung hero emerging I think. Bonne, Edwards, Celina and Morsy seem to be getting the most attention but Burns looks like the best natural winger we've had for years and years.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I love Wes Burns on 12:20 - Oct 1 with 1329 viewsGarv

I love Wes Burns on 21:43 - Sep 30 by OwainG1992

I don't think many wanted to keep Judge. I was his biggest fan but he didn't have any pace left and looked like he was running through treacle a lot of the time.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I love Wes Burns on 13:00 - Oct 1 with 1262 viewsSouperJim

I love Wes Burns on 07:29 - Oct 1 by chrismakin

Whilst I too am keen on Burns. It's fraser for me who many appear to underestimate. His weight of pass. Vision and ability to make a yard of space with little pace Is incredible. Not sure how he'd fair higher up but for this league he's great to watch

Burns is different gravy. A complete player on the right, knows how to track. Gets forward. For me he's finishing needs work and to not be afraid of his left foot.

Currently still on the fence a bit with Fraser due to his lack of pace, both off the ball and on it. It's one thing to do the business as the main man for MK Dons who built their side around him, it's another thing to just be another cog in the wheel in a side with more quality. Need to see a bit more from him.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

I love Wes Burns on 13:06 - Oct 1 with 1249 viewsHipsterectomy

Is Edwards just out of favour at Wigan? He did say he left us/joined them due to their ambition

Guess that didn’t include him in their own plans

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

I love Wes Burns on 13:19 - Oct 1 with 1216 viewsDubtractor

I'll hold my hand up and say I was doubting him after the Millwall and morecambe games, though it seems he was carrying a bit of an injury based on recent comments.

He does the simple things really well, he's not full of tricks, but his decision making on when to skin his man, and following it up with a good ball into the box more often than not, is a joy to watch.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Compare to the very inconsistent Edwards more like on 16:29 - Oct 1 with 1029 viewsGeomorph

Compare to the very inconsistent Edwards more like on 10:21 - Oct 1 by BlueBadger

Was about to say could’ve sworn I saw him slotting one in from a sears pass up here at holker street a few weeks back !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024