Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... 17:21 - Oct 2 with 2823 viewsswede

need to look in the mirror Paul.
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:10 - Oct 2 with 615 viewsswede

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:01 - Oct 2 by Garv

He said it was a shocking performance, period. Granted, singling out two players for credit doesn't support my case but I think there was some self-criticism in there as well.

Not sure why he'd turn on the players anyway. He had much more freedom to do that last season, and he's not coming out with the kind of comments he did then.

“And you can debate tactics, formations, players, if you don’t win individual battles, you won’t win a game and we didn’t win many on that pitch.”

To me that sounds very much like "not my fault guv"
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:10 - Oct 2 with 614 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:35 - Oct 2 by Radlett_blue

Paul Cook: “It was an absolutely shocking performance. I didn’t see it coming.

“Accrington had so much more hunger and desire.

“Football’s a funny game. Just the minute you think you’re starting to do something well... it bites you."

You missed out "It's a hard place to come."

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:13 - Oct 2 with 602 viewsGarv

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:04 - Oct 2 by pointofblue

Reading Phil’s report on the interview I can’t see any self criticism whatsoever.

“Today we were really, really disappointing and that’s poor from myself, the staff, the players, especially when we’ve offered so much, we’re going to open teams up and we’ve got good players."

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:14 - Oct 2 with 586 viewspointofblue

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:13 - Oct 2 by Garv

“Today we were really, really disappointing and that’s poor from myself, the staff, the players, especially when we’ve offered so much, we’re going to open teams up and we’ve got good players."

That one word amongst a distribe laying into the players. Whichever poor sod who's going to face the press this week (Bonne?) is going to face some tough questions this week due to Cook's remarks.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 18:15]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:15 - Oct 2 with 578 viewsGarv

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:10 - Oct 2 by swede

“And you can debate tactics, formations, players, if you don’t win individual battles, you won’t win a game and we didn’t win many on that pitch.”

To me that sounds very much like "not my fault guv"

Is he wrong?

That's like him saying "If Bonne scores his chance at Cheltenham we win the game" - it doesn't mean he's blaming Bonne for the loss.

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:16 - Oct 2 with 578 viewsEireannach_gorm

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:45 - Oct 2 by Garv

I heard it, I don't think he blamed the players.

If its this one you are talking about I think he may have blamed them.

My issue is why would they not have a desire to win? Individually they are good players but Paul does not seem to be able to create a good team or effective tactical use of these talents.
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:18 - Oct 2 with 555 viewsDanTheMan

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:10 - Oct 2 by Tangledupin_Blue

You missed out "It's a hard place to come."

I was getting sick of hearing that by the end.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:20 - Oct 2 with 543 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:25 - Oct 2 by pointofblue

He replaced a load of players who he claimed didn’t turn up and now it’s happening again. As I said elsewhere, what’s the constant with this…?

Don't make any excuses for that mob from last season.
Don't forget that they didn't turn up for the three managers and that is quite telling.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:20 - Oct 2 with 537 viewsZXBlue

The immediate analysis of people who dont understand the game....

"we didnt want it enough" "not enough effort".

There was effort. But there was no coherence and no plan. No midfield movement or shape to pass through.
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:23 - Oct 2 with 522 viewsGarv

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:14 - Oct 2 by pointofblue

That one word amongst a distribe laying into the players. Whichever poor sod who's going to face the press this week (Bonne?) is going to face some tough questions this week due to Cook's remarks.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 18:15]

He's not laying into the players. He's saying they didn't play well, which appears to be the view of anyone who saw the game.

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:26 - Oct 2 with 516 viewsHerbivore

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:23 - Oct 2 by Garv

He's not laying into the players. He's saying they didn't play well, which appears to be the view of anyone who saw the game.

Does it not worry you that his post-match comments today could have been lifted from any number of his post-match interviews last season when he also couldn't get his players to perform?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:33 - Oct 2 with 496 viewsgordon

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:23 - Oct 2 by Garv

There weren't any individual errors of note, no one looked particularly out of sorts, but we only created one chance in the whole game.

As an explanation 'the players lacked desire and hunger' doesn't really cut it.
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:35 - Oct 2 with 494 viewsGarv

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 18:16 - Oct 2 by Eireannach_gorm

If its this one you are talking about I think he may have blamed them.

My issue is why would they not have a desire to win? Individually they are good players but Paul does not seem to be able to create a good team or effective tactical use of these talents.

Well that's more x-rated than the Suffolk interview I was referring to.

I think the desire comment is always an easy one to make when you lose and don't play well. The reality is probably that the opposition simply had more desire than us for whatever reason (they lost 5-1 the other day), but that can happen.

The general issue this season has been a lack of defensive cohesion in midfield and a team struggling to get to know each other.

We played another tight game away from home at Lincoln, scored early and we came out on top, so we can do it. I wouldn't panic about today, just a rubbish day. It's worse when put in the context of the first few games of this season, but I'm not sure it'll define our season.

On the plus side Bonne is scoring home and away and looks the nuts.

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 21:36 - Oct 2 with 389 viewsbackwaywhen

Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 17:50 - Oct 2 by pointofblue

* Leam

If we’re going to laud him let’s at least get his name right.

Why don’t you post some football comments ya plum , f#cling spell checkers do my head in , back to school Monday are we ….. as head of class obviously.
Paul Cook blaming the players who didn't turn up today... on 21:46 - Oct 2 with 385 viewsOldboy

They gave next to nothing all game. When the subs came on, still nothing. The players are to blame sure, but the backroom staff get them ready and the manager give the instructions. Ultimately the blame is at his door.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024