Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail 10:49 - Oct 14 with 3537 viewsElderGrizzly

And it is too early to learn any lessons. FFS

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 23:13 - Oct 14 with 739 viewsDarth_Koont

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 22:10 - Oct 14 by ZXBlue

Corbyn.

That didn't work out so well did it?

But if you want to argue about what is or isnt "hard" rather than address the point, then there isn't much to gain here is there?

Do you need some help out of that paper bag?

Pronouns: He/Him

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 02:13 - Oct 15 with 681 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 20:24 - Oct 14 by Darth_Koont

We’ve never had a mid/left one.

When was the last time we had an objective discussion about the country’s needs?

When was the last time we didn’t have a sh/t political media?

When was the last time that we looked at our genuine centre-left neighbours and worked out why they’ve overtaken us in living standards and productivity?

I’m glad you’re raising these points.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 20:33]

Never had a mid/Left one?

Wilson? Callaghan? Both *at least* mid/Left. Nationalising the British car manufacturing industry surely counts as a sign of a pretty left-wing Government.
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 02:52 - Oct 15 with 671 viewsRyorry

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 02:13 - Oct 15 by ArnoldMoorhen

Wilson? Callaghan? Both *at least* mid/Left. Nationalising the British car manufacturing industry surely counts as a sign of a pretty left-wing Government.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/may/05/1983-cameron-victory-kinno

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 08:41 - Oct 15 with 626 viewspointofblue

I feel sorry for whoever investigated for and wrote the report. They clearly wasted their time.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58917231

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 08:49 - Oct 15 with 619 viewsHerbivore

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 02:52 - Oct 15 by Ryorry

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/may/05/1983-cameron-victory-kinno

Prescient.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 09:33 - Oct 15 with 599 viewsbrazil1982

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 22:10 - Oct 14 by BlueBadger

Reading stuff is hard, eh?

I would expect him and other Ministers to read the report, yes. I would expect him to re read it too and make notes, or as the press have demanded, read "the details". This can and should, take time, not done by skim reading.

Many of our post doctoral members will relate to this.
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 09:49 - Oct 15 with 587 viewsHerbivore

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 09:33 - Oct 15 by brazil1982

I would expect him and other Ministers to read the report, yes. I would expect him to re read it too and make notes, or as the press have demanded, read "the details". This can and should, take time, not done by skim reading.

Keep tugging that forelock.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 10:36 - Oct 15 with 568 viewsDarth_Koont

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 02:13 - Oct 15 by ArnoldMoorhen

I should have said “in my political lifetime”. I was only really aware of parties and policies after 1980 and not exactly clued up for a few more years.

But we seem to agree that neither of us would characterize New Labour as centre-left.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 10:50 - Oct 15 with 550 viewsBLUEGOLD

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 15:51 - Oct 14 by brazil1982

147 page report published two days ago.

Which he almost certainly had access to prior to publication
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:47 - Oct 15 with 513 viewsFreddies_Ears

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 10:50 - Oct 15 by BLUEGOLD

Which he almost certainly had access to prior to publication

From my own experience in a similar environment, provided you're relatively bright and have a bit of subject knowledge, a 150-page report can be read in a couple of hours well enough to answer most questions.

They don't give a sh1t.
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 12:22 - Oct 15 with 495 viewsBlueBadger

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 09:33 - Oct 15 by brazil1982

Tell me, what is exactly about this openly bigoted, corrupt and incompetent government that appeals to you?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 13:08 - Oct 15 with 471 viewsBlueBadger

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:47 - Oct 15 by Freddies_Ears

From my own experience in a similar environment, provided you're relatively bright and have a bit of subject knowledge, a 150-page report can be read in a couple of hours well enough to answer most questions.

They don't give a sh1t.

Not to mention the fact that he should have aides and civil servants trained and knowledgeable in this field to also help with this sort of thing.

It's simply crass, lazy incompetence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 14:52 - Oct 15 with 433 viewsbrazil1982

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 12:22 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

Tell me, what is exactly about this openly bigoted, corrupt and incompetent government that appeals to you?

Not too much at present.
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 14:53 - Oct 15 with 430 viewsbrazil1982

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 11:47 - Oct 15 by Freddies_Ears

They don't give a sh1t.

Are you a PhD Examiner?
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 16:36 - Oct 15 with 412 viewsBlueBadger

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 14:52 - Oct 15 by brazil1982

Not too much at present.

And yet, here you are, making excuses for them.

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 18:04 - Oct 15 with 380 viewsbrazil1982

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 16:36 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

And yet, here you are, making excuses for them.

You're a stuck record.
Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 18:38 - Oct 15 with 363 viewsBlueBadger

Javid just admitted not reading the Covid report in detail on 18:04 - Oct 15 by brazil1982

You're a stuck record.

No, YOUR mum is fat.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024