Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. 17:15 - Oct 16 with 1723 viewsOriginalMarkyP

We are playing to beat last year's finish now.

All of you who've been championing Cook ever since he came in and decimated this club need to take a look at the hard evidence of what's happened.

Demoltion Man? Yes but not how he meant. Perhaps Demotivation Man would be more accurate.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 17:16]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:50 - Oct 16 with 392 viewsHerbivore

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:47 - Oct 16 by Skip_Intro

Really? Oh...I didn't realise that we played them 3 times each in the last 6 games...damn in that case COOK OUT...
I'm not your 'mate' by the way.

Just adding some context to our recent form, mate. Two home wins against the worst two sides in the league shouldn't be used as a mask for the glaring issues that have been evident in too many other games this season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:52 - Oct 16 with 380 viewsSkip_Intro

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:50 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

Just adding some context to our recent form, mate. Two home wins against the worst two sides in the league shouldn't be used as a mask for the glaring issues that have been evident in too many other games this season.

so you're just going to ignore the win against Lincoln away and the fact that Accrington have only lost 1/6 at home this season, plus the draw against the side relegated from the Championship?
Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:54 - Oct 16 with 366 viewschicoazul

They’re not gone don’t be dumb. In your opinion they’re gone.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:55 - Oct 16 with 352 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

They were saying before the game the winner would go 3 points behind the play offs. We drew, and so the play offs are GONE?! In October?!

Have a word with yourself.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:58 - Oct 16 with 346 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:54 - Oct 16 by chicoazul

They’re not gone don’t be dumb. In your opinion they’re gone.

If we remain as fragile as he have been over every other game this season they ARE gone.

Pray tell me, where is the evidence that we are suddenly going to start being robust enough to make the playoffs?

Seriously?

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:00 - Oct 16 with 329 viewsHerbivore

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:52 - Oct 16 by Skip_Intro

so you're just going to ignore the win against Lincoln away and the fact that Accrington have only lost 1/6 at home this season, plus the draw against the side relegated from the Championship?

Lincoln are doing even worse than us, mate. Accrington were on a poor run and turned us over. A home point isn't much to celebrate, Sheffield Wednesday haven't exactly been tearing it up. It's a better run because we've actually won some games, but we've played some poor sides for those victories and twice in successive away games now we've capitulated. Our away record under Cook is terrible and that doesn't look like changing at the minute, which is a problem if we want to be pushing for promotion.

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:04 - Oct 16 with 313 viewsHARRY10

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:19 - Oct 16 by ParisBlue

We're 5 points off the playoffs in October.

We'd need to go on a helluva run for automatic, the only thing in our benefit is we have to play all of the top 5 in the next few weeks (and sunderland twice) but we need to win games.

in our benefit ?

our points total has come from 7 games v bottom half teams

we have 6 games out of the next 11 (season half way) against top 5 teams

if we assume 76 just to finish 6th then we need another 24 points by halfway - over a season that is 100 points

however the real question is do we look like we can be consistent enough to grind out those points, week in week out

so far it doesn't look like it, as elsewhere it has been pointed out that we have dropped 15 points so far from a winning position

for most of us we would have been looking to be in that top five at this stage and perhaps bemoaning a dropped point or two that keeps us off the top spot, not us being 3 points off a relegation place
Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:05 - Oct 16 with 309 viewschicoazul

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:58 - Oct 16 by OriginalMarkyP

If we remain as fragile as he have been over every other game this season they ARE gone.

Pray tell me, where is the evidence that we are suddenly going to start being robust enough to make the playoffs?

Seriously?

How about losing once in the last 7.
How about scoring loads of goals.
How about 4 away points from the last 3 games.
How about signing a Premier League keeper to replace the clearly inadequate (for now) Hladky.
How about having the best forward line in the league.

Nobody doubts there are problems. And they are persistent problems. But to cry that the play offs are done is childish.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:07 - Oct 16 with 298 viewsSkip_Intro

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:00 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

Lincoln are doing even worse than us, mate. Accrington were on a poor run and turned us over. A home point isn't much to celebrate, Sheffield Wednesday haven't exactly been tearing it up. It's a better run because we've actually won some games, but we've played some poor sides for those victories and twice in successive away games now we've capitulated. Our away record under Cook is terrible and that doesn't look like changing at the minute, which is a problem if we want to be pushing for promotion.

I agree about our away record - it's one of many things that Cook needs to sort. My point was that our current form is fairly decent despite our obvious shortcomings - and that we haven't just played bottom of the table teams. League One is a strange division where we regularly see 'poor' teams turning over 'top' teams.
If we continue picking up 2 points per game or thereabouts we will be in the mix - albeit maybe not playing as well as many of us would want us to.
Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:08 - Oct 16 with 293 viewssolomon

Granted, the situation is far from ideal but I think that’s a little bit premature to say.
Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:09 - Oct 16 with 283 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:00 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

You're going to do this all season aren't you. A win and "it's only against X"...then when we beat a so-called top side it will be "well we've only won one against a top side..."

Yawn.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:10 - Oct 16 with 286 viewsStokieBlue

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 17:22 - Oct 16 by J2BLUE

You are so tedious. You don't have to make a thread for every thought you've ever had you know.

Didn't you call out Spruce and Footers for saying almost exactly the same thing about ChrisMakin?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:10 - Oct 16 with 283 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:05 - Oct 16 by chicoazul

How about losing once in the last 7.
How about scoring loads of goals.
How about 4 away points from the last 3 games.
How about signing a Premier League keeper to replace the clearly inadequate (for now) Hladky.
How about having the best forward line in the league.

Nobody doubts there are problems. And they are persistent problems. But to cry that the play offs are done is childish.

I'm not crying. I'm stating my opinion. I

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:16 - Oct 16 with 261 viewsHerbivore

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:07 - Oct 16 by Skip_Intro

I agree about our away record - it's one of many things that Cook needs to sort. My point was that our current form is fairly decent despite our obvious shortcomings - and that we haven't just played bottom of the table teams. League One is a strange division where we regularly see 'poor' teams turning over 'top' teams.
If we continue picking up 2 points per game or thereabouts we will be in the mix - albeit maybe not playing as well as many of us would want us to.

My worry is that there is no real sign of Cook being able to turn our away record around. It was abysmal under him last season and it's been just as bad this season. 4 points from our 5 away games so far. That's nowhere near good enough. We aren't really showing an improvement in how we approach and manage away games either.

Automatic gone. Playoffs gone. on 18:23 - Oct 16 with 246 viewstimothyeo

Accidental down vote.

All those who refuse to accept fault in Cook need to take a look at themselves. As well as those who actively think its ok to not get promoted this season.

However, I disagree the play offs are gone. They are there for the taking with the right manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024