Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors 16:14 - Oct 18 with 1520 viewsGeoffSentence

Can someone explain to me how Hungarian thugs cause trouble and it is England who get punished.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 16:16 - Oct 18 with 1507 viewsmylittletown

It has nothing to do with the Hungary game, it was the result of the enquiry into the England Italy final, where the England fans were a disgrace
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 16:52]
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 16:41 - Oct 18 with 1359 viewspeterleeblue

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 16:16 - Oct 18 by mylittletown

It has nothing to do with the Hungary game, it was the result of the enquiry into the England Italy final, where the England fans were a disgrace
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 16:52]

Sadly genuine fans suffer because of a bunch of Knuckle dragging brain dead's who thought they had the right to cause disruption to the national teams greatest event since 1966.
All so thoroughly depressing.
These people are just dragging us all down.
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 16:55 - Oct 18 with 1271 viewsmylittletown

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 16:41 - Oct 18 by peterleeblue

Sadly genuine fans suffer because of a bunch of Knuckle dragging brain dead's who thought they had the right to cause disruption to the national teams greatest event since 1966.
All so thoroughly depressing.
These people are just dragging us all down.

Unfortunately it is not just football.

However, as someone who has going to football since the mid-late 60s, there is nothing new in the association between knuckledraggers and English football.

It was comparatively unusual in England home games though. Away games have always been a different matter.
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:16 - Oct 18 with 1192 viewspeterleeblue

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 16:55 - Oct 18 by mylittletown

Unfortunately it is not just football.

However, as someone who has going to football since the mid-late 60s, there is nothing new in the association between knuckledraggers and English football.

It was comparatively unusual in England home games though. Away games have always been a different matter.

I think had this event had a decent lead time we could maybe have planned better and kept the problem away from the Stadium. In essence the game occurred with only 3 days to spare!

Take your point about England away especially anywhere on the nearby continent.
God forbid once the regular thugs coupled with the Farage and Boris Pro Brexit lot get stuck into a game in France.
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:28 - Oct 18 with 1146 viewsmylittletown

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:16 - Oct 18 by peterleeblue

I think had this event had a decent lead time we could maybe have planned better and kept the problem away from the Stadium. In essence the game occurred with only 3 days to spare!

God forbid once the regular thugs coupled with the Farage and Boris Pro Brexit lot get stuck into a game in France.

Thanks for that cheery thought!
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:35 - Oct 18 with 1110 viewsWickets

Think it was England Fans forcing their way into the final without tickets .
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:38 - Oct 18 with 1096 viewspeterleeblue

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:35 - Oct 18 by Wickets

Think it was England Fans forcing their way into the final without tickets .

Lets not use the word "fans" to describe people that think doing that is acceptable.
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:47 - Oct 18 with 1062 viewsLesta_Tractor

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:16 - Oct 18 by peterleeblue

I'm not sure that's reasonable, we knew the final was going to be at Wembley months in advance and should have planned accordingly, whether that's one plan to be used if England made the final and another if they didn't.

The security around Wembley was apparently a shambles, compare that with the three stage security and "ring of steel" around the stadiums for the Europa League and Champions League finals.

Problem is this country tries doing things on the cheap.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Login to get fewer ads

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:50 - Oct 18 with 1037 viewsHARRY10

Unfortunately events like this now attract those who will attend anything if they think it is important.

It is wrong to say there were only three days to sort it. The fixtures were known in advance, so planning for any eventuality should have been in place.

Away from the ground, you had the clueless bloated buffoon encouraging the pubs to open - 9am (?) on the morning of the game. Only a gormless halfwit desperate for popularity would not have understood what would follow.

A thought must also be, how many like the OP have not actually read what the ban related to - which makes you wonder how much of what is put out as news is actually understood.
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:08 - Oct 18 with 981 viewsBlueBadger

Wembley wasn't booked for the game on the hoof. There should have been a contingency plan in plan for the event of England making the final. Worst case scenario, when England qualified for the semi-final on July 2 there was over a week in which to make plans.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:21 - Oct 18 with 934 viewsChurchman

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:47 - Oct 18 by Lesta_Tractor

I'm not sure that's reasonable, we knew the final was going to be at Wembley months in advance and should have planned accordingly, whether that's one plan to be used if England made the final and another if they didn't.

The security around Wembley was apparently a shambles, compare that with the three stage security and "ring of steel" around the stadiums for the Europa League and Champions League finals.

I think that’s the point - done on the cheap. It’s easy to organise events as most other countries ably demonstrate. We are capable of it too sometimes, but with football a combination of knuckle draggers that follow England (a minority) and authorities’ short term thinking of minimum investment and wing it for maximum profit resulted in what we got in the summer. A shameful disgrace.

Quite frankly a two cycle ban of England taking part in international football and a 50 year ban on staging football events would be about right for me. So the innocent pay for the misdeeds of the few, but sorry, that’s how it is and in ten years time perhaps the morons and whoever is in charge of football then would take it a little more seriously. Just a view.
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:22 - Oct 18 with 932 viewspeterleeblue

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 17:47 - Oct 18 by Lesta_Tractor

Indeed Cheap or simply don't plan at all as others have said.
As I typed about the 3 days notice I knew that in reality we should have planned.

However the powers that be like to trust the public and then blame them when it goes tits up.
England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:30 - Oct 18 with 914 viewsTractorWood

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:08 - Oct 18 by BlueBadger

Wembley wasn't booked for the game on the hoof. There should have been a contingency plan in plan for the event of England making the final. Worst case scenario, when England qualified for the semi-final on July 2 there was over a week in which to make plans.

Saw more police on Saturday than I did at Wembley on that day.

No excuse for the ridiculous behaviour from thousands of fans. However, to just blame drunk masses is a cop out on the fundamental failures of the policing and stewarding operation.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:37 - Oct 18 with 898 viewscoleking

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:30 - Oct 18 by TractorWood

Saw more police on Saturday than I did at Wembley on that day.

No excuse for the ridiculous behaviour from thousands of fans. However, to just blame drunk masses is a cop out on the fundamental failures of the policing and stewarding operation.

We got away lightly or at least the FA did. Ring of steel? Ring of jelly babies more like and for a Euros final!

Poll: Cook out

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:43 - Oct 18 with 862 viewsLesta_Tractor

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:22 - Oct 18 by peterleeblue

Indeed Cheap or simply don't plan at all as others have said.
As I typed about the 3 days notice I knew that in reality we should have planned.

However the powers that be like to trust the public and then blame them when it goes tits up.

The other problem is the attitude towards drinking in this country...

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:52 - Oct 18 with 807 viewsTractorWood

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:43 - Oct 18 by Lesta_Tractor

The country was in a frenzy for the Euros. It was entirely predictable.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 19:18 - Oct 18 with 733 viewsjontysnut

England fined £100K and to play next game hehind closed doors on 18:43 - Oct 18 by Lesta_Tractor

Combined with the old marching powder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024