Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent half 20:36 - Oct 19 with 724 viewsclive_baker

A few observations:

- Penney needs to use the ball a bit quicker. How often have his intended passes been closed down?
- Bonne. Love him, good half. Works his nuts off.
- Aluko has been very neat in possession
- Edwards decision making at times is questionable. Clearly has ability but is so raw.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Decent half on 20:38 - Oct 19 with 677 viewsTractorFrog

Lee Evans and George Edmundson have both impressed me in this first half, as has Bonne of course.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Decent half on 20:41 - Oct 19 with 601 viewsclive_baker

Decent half on 20:38 - Oct 19 by TractorFrog

Lee Evans and George Edmundson have both impressed me in this first half, as has Bonne of course.

Agreed. Evans has looked assured in the middle and Edmundson solid.

Switching Aluko to the left and bringing Burns on for Edwards might be a change I would consider. Burgess could be handy depending on how the 2nd half plays out.

Decent half on 20:44 - Oct 19 with 535 viewsblueboyd

I would not call that half decent! - BUT would feel agrieved if we were drawing or losing, Pompey are terrible!

Got to sign Bonne at any cost, without him, we are a poor old team.
Decent half on 20:44 - Oct 19 with 517 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Decent half on 20:41 - Oct 19 by clive_baker

Agreed. Evans has looked assured in the middle and Edmundson solid.

Switching Aluko to the left and bringing Burns on for Edwards might be a change I would consider. Burgess could be handy depending on how the 2nd half plays out.

Toto and Donacien both look good, Toto wins everything in the air and even did a cool stand on the ball thing near the end

Poll: would you rather

Decent half on 20:45 - Oct 19 with 487 viewschrismakin

Unfortunately I still see edwards as a worse version of bennetts so far, just doesn't really do anything. He does a few nice step overs, but it doesn't come to anything

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Decent half on 20:46 - Oct 19 with 484 viewsclive_baker

Decent half on 20:44 - Oct 19 by blueboyd

I would not call that half decent! - BUT would feel agrieved if we were drawing or losing, Pompey are terrible!

They’re far from terrible at this level. They’ve lost once at home this season. Last time out at Fratton Park they beat Sunderland 4-0.

Decent half on 20:47 - Oct 19 with 449 viewsMullet

I’d let edwards run at them for another 15 minutes. They’re dirty as always and there’s bookings to be had here.

Bonne has been superb again to turn the game like that. Toto looks on the edge again to me. Hope he can settle.

Not sure hoofing it out helps us. A few short throws from Walton to start attacks might work.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Decent half on 20:47 - Oct 19 with 429 viewsDavoIPB

Decent half on 20:44 - Oct 19 by blueboyd

agree, that was not a decent half. Both teams were awful! We just have the only really decent player on the pitch in Bonne
Login to get fewer ads

Decent half on 20:48 - Oct 19 with 408 viewschrismakin

Decent half on 20:47 - Oct 19 by Mullet

I’d let edwards run at them for another 15 minutes. They’re dirty as always and there’s bookings to be had here.

Bonne has been superb again to turn the game like that. Toto looks on the edge again to me. Hope he can settle.

Not sure hoofing it out helps us. A few short throws from Walton to start attacks might work.

Only problem is, we've got a keeper who doesn;t like ball at feet, 2 cb's who don't like ball at feet, it's only really gonna go one way really passing wise

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Decent half on 20:50 - Oct 19 with 384 viewsclive_baker

Decent half on 20:45 - Oct 19 by chrismakin

Unfortunately I still see edwards as a worse version of bennetts so far, just doesn't really do anything. He does a few nice step overs, but it doesn't come to anything

I can see the comparison, although I think Edwards has more ability than Bennetts ever demonstrated. He’s like a street footballer who has all the flicks and tricks but perhaps lacks a little positional discipline and decision making at times, but he’s young and that’s inevitable perhaps. That ball inside a couple of minutes before half time for example, so poor. Needs to do his paying in the final 3rd.

Decent half on 20:53 - Oct 19 with 336 viewsHerbivore

Decent half on 20:45 - Oct 19 by chrismakin

Edwards just pinged a pass to Chaplin that Bennetts couldn't play in his dreams. You're miles off on this one but that's little surprise.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Decent half on 20:57 - Oct 19 with 294 viewsCoastalblue

Aluko could be the kind of guy we need, a bit of a head scratcher for most when we signed him, even derided by some but he clearly has experience and some quality. He might not be as exciting as some, but we need some solidity and people capable of 7/10 every week.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024