Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? 11:57 - Oct 22 with 3084 viewsSteve_M

Jay Rayner declines to eat at Nusr-Et.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/oct/17/jay-rayner-restaurant-review-kebab-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 23:59 - Oct 22 with 625 viewsStNeotsBlue

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:22 - Oct 22 by BlueBadger

Parkes on Lovejoy you say?

https://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/42-Media/145-no-love-no-joy

Replying to yourself is odd behaviour. You ok?
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 00:26 - Oct 23 with 611 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 13:26 - Oct 22 by MaySixth

My Dad used to babysit Jay Rayner when he was a kid (my old man used to know his Mum well and sorted out specs for the family).

"The kid was a litte c**t" was my father's description.

I'm not saying he isn't correct this time but........a bit like Hitler, he is the sort of person that you don't actually have had to have met personally to know that he is a c@nt of the highest order.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 01:01 - Oct 23 with 597 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 23:13 - Oct 22 by Darth_Koont

Not his fault and I enjoyed the article but if the Guardian was as interested in “exposing” 4+ million children living in poverty then that would be nice.

You mean apart from the articles and op-ed pieces they published last month?

One of the ways the issue of child poverty might be, even if only slightly, addressed is if we put a different political party in government. I suppose, though, that for some being even slightly better is not enough. What say you?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 01:09 - Oct 23 with 587 viewslowhouseblue

knew there was a reason for still buying the guardian. ironic wit makes up for a lot.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 07:45 - Oct 23 with 522 viewsmikeybloo88

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 01:09 - Oct 23 by lowhouseblue

knew there was a reason for still buying the guardian. ironic wit makes up for a lot.

Rayner is the best restaurant reviewer of the lot and a terrific writer, closely followed by Giles Coren. He's the only thing I ever read from the Guardian online...
Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 08:21 - Oct 23 with 514 viewsHerbivore

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 20:29 - Oct 22 by BlueBlueBluex2

£11 for a red bull is peanuts if you are wealthy enough.

Money buys you experiences, the material things become very ‘samey’ after a while and so, Salt Bae, and gold steaks, why the hell not. Count me in.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 20:29]

This is essentially what is wrong with the world in a nutshell.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 08:33 - Oct 23 with 500 viewsPinewoodblue

A little something for non meat eaters.
https://apple.news/AG_NJmGDrR6SttgVryNJKiA

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 08:52 - Oct 23 with 469 viewsHerbivore

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 08:33 - Oct 23 by Pinewoodblue

A little something for non meat eaters.
https://apple.news/AG_NJmGDrR6SttgVryNJKiA

Jesus wept.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 10:10 - Oct 23 with 436 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone like to read a particularly amusing restaurant review? on 01:01 - Oct 23 by You_Bloo_Right

You mean apart from the articles and op-ed pieces they published last month?

One of the ways the issue of child poverty might be, even if only slightly, addressed is if we put a different political party in government. I suppose, though, that for some being even slightly better is not enough. What say you?

Sorry, I blinked and missed it.

Even the op-ed was in response to several reports that had been released. And was saying little re: actual redistributive measures to stop the underlying inequality gaps. Indeed the piece by Toynbee went on to conclude that New Labour is the way to go now – no doubt improving the lot of people and children during an economic upturn while agreeing with austerity when things got bad. That’s not in fact much different from the Tories’ perspective on child poverty at the time. And even if there’s little credibility in talking about austerity any more, the levels of investment are on the same scale as how Johnson frames his “leveling up”.

Neither party nor our political media want to address the failure of the economic system and our thinking here. So, the restaurant non-review was a better response to the inequalities and insanity of the system and our values. When a general tolerance of child poverty (and arguing the toss about the acceptable level) has been a constant feature. If there’s no line in the sand even here, then God help us.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024