Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years 11:42 - Nov 3 with 1181 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Directness. Morsy does it a lot... getting the ball and going forward right at the heart of the opposition. He did that for Celina's first, then KVY did it for Burns' goal. It's so good to see us terrifying opposition defences rather than the endless sideways stuff under LameBert. Even shooting from further out than we have done in the past (Celina).

Also, with Celina's last goal, did anyone think after the event it would've been nice if he'd got down and headed it in, or took his shirt off and waved it around before putting the ball in... but in real time was ACTUALLY thinking, "Don't fall over, don't do anything flash, don't hit it too early and miss... just walk it in with no funny business!"

Fantastic night. I was watching in the bedroom and jumping all over the bed like a child. What a tonic.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2021 11:44]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 12:25 - Nov 3 with 1094 viewsOriginalMarkyP

There's a nice shot in the gallery of him rushing in towards goal with a massive smile on his face and the defender giving up and ghost in the background.

Not sure what bonus they get for goals scored, but he must be thinking 'Easy....money!'

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 12:49 - Nov 3 with 1021 viewsBonchosBicycle

I think this is what got us so excited about KVY when he arrived - he'd actually carry it forward, take on players, and generally look up for it. Now - when our tails are up at least - you half expect that sort of drive from almost any of them, maybe barring the center backs.

But yeah, when Celina was through all I could think was, he's going to trip over isn't he?

I hope he stops the shirt thing though. We can't afford him getting a couple of bans each season
One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 12:58 - Nov 3 with 987 viewsclive_baker

Absolutely Dollers. It’s definitely in part an ability thing but also a confidence and licence to try and beat a man. Burns is so direct when he gets the ball, as is Edwards. It won’t always come off but it’s great to see from those wide men. Bishop used to try and make things happen, and Gwion Edwards certainly had that appetite too, but as you say under Lambert it just felt like we really lacked balls and looked far too afraid of making a mistake. We were crying out for us to take the handbrake off, but it never happened.

It’s really refreshing.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 13:00 - Nov 3 with 976 viewsjayessess

Morsy's fiendishly difficult to get the ball off too. "Press resistant" as the tactics nerds like to say.

One reason it's so daft when we start knocking it long. Play through Samy whenever you can lads.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 13:16 - Nov 3 with 932 viewsitfc_bucks

He just oozed class and composure, even in tight spaces.

It was like watching Jim in his pomp.
One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 13:18 - Nov 3 with 918 viewstextbackup

He’s a proper CM, doesn’t do just one job, or a pass sideways, many strings to his bow

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 13:20 - Nov 3 with 906 viewsKeaneish

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 12:58 - Nov 3 by clive_baker

Absolutely Dollers. It’s definitely in part an ability thing but also a confidence and licence to try and beat a man. Burns is so direct when he gets the ball, as is Edwards. It won’t always come off but it’s great to see from those wide men. Bishop used to try and make things happen, and Gwion Edwards certainly had that appetite too, but as you say under Lambert it just felt like we really lacked balls and looked far too afraid of making a mistake. We were crying out for us to take the handbrake off, but it never happened.

It’s really refreshing.

It helps having wingers, proper wingers who hold the width giving space and options to be able to drive on to. We’ve been starved of that for a long time here often using strikers as inside forwards or attacking midfielders to do a job.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 14:44 - Nov 3 with 800 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 13:00 - Nov 3 by jayessess

Morsy's fiendishly difficult to get the ball off too. "Press resistant" as the tactics nerds like to say.

One reason it's so daft when we start knocking it long. Play through Samy whenever you can lads.

Yeah he seems to have a low centre of gravity and almost hugs the ball with his body-shape as he turns.

Login to get fewer ads

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 14:53 - Nov 3 with 782 viewstextbackup

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 14:44 - Nov 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah he seems to have a low centre of gravity and almost hugs the ball with his body-shape as he turns.

His legs are solid, twice the size of upper body, so holding his ground with them tree trunks is easy

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 15:00 - Nov 3 with 763 viewsgordon

Bishop and Edwards used to both be pretty direct as well to be fair, certainly when Bishop was young he'd pick the ball up on the half way line and just want to run full pelt with it towards the other goal, usually until he was hacked down. Edwards a bit more unpredictable...
One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 15:03 - Nov 3 with 744 viewstractorboy1978

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 15:00 - Nov 3 by gordon

Bishop and Edwards used to both be pretty direct as well to be fair, certainly when Bishop was young he'd pick the ball up on the half way line and just want to run full pelt with it towards the other goal, usually until he was hacked down. Edwards a bit more unpredictable...

Edwards is one of the worst footballers I've watched in an ITFC shirt. I think Wigan have figured it out too, only started once in the league for them.
One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 15:13 - Nov 3 with 715 viewsTractorCam

The thought of Celina getting stuck trying to take his shirt off whilst running through has just terrified me, think it would also probably be given as a free kick if he did then when the ball's in play.

What a boy though!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 17:43 - Nov 3 with 560 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 15:13 - Nov 3 by TractorCam

The thought of Celina getting stuck trying to take his shirt off whilst running through has just terrified me, think it would also probably be given as a free kick if he did then when the ball's in play.

What a boy though!

haha. I dunno what the rules would be on that, if a player took his shirt off during play. Players have lost boots before and play isn't stopped, but that's accidental obvs.

Reminds me of "You, The Ref" or whatever it was in the Score annual when I was a kid. They used to have weird scenarios like that and ask what you think the ref should do, with the answer at the back.

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 18:34 - Nov 3 with 511 viewsParisBlue

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 12:49 - Nov 3 by BonchosBicycle

I think this is what got us so excited about KVY when he arrived - he'd actually carry it forward, take on players, and generally look up for it. Now - when our tails are up at least - you half expect that sort of drive from almost any of them, maybe barring the center backs.

But yeah, when Celina was through all I could think was, he's going to trip over isn't he?

I hope he stops the shirt thing though. We can't afford him getting a couple of bans each season

Can't he wear 2 shirts? Someone mentioned the bookable offence is about the sponsor not being on display.

And why didn't he rip off his shirt after the first goal? Or did he know that would lead to the stupidest red card ever?

He's too good for this division. Thankfully he's also inconsistent and not fulfilled his potential, otherwise he wouldn't be here..

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 20:36 - Nov 3 with 435 viewsWD19

One thing I noticed last night that we've been missing for years on 13:16 - Nov 3 by itfc_bucks

He just oozed class and composure, even in tight spaces.

It was like watching Jim in his pomp.

Warnock on the wireless last night bemoaning the fact Boro are too nice and haven’t got anyone in their midfield to put a foot in and battle…..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024