Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal 10:12 - Nov 8 with 5588 viewsEireannach_gorm

... Or aiming for a no deal Brexit.

UK is going to trigger article 16 of the Northern Ireland protocol, a move both Dublin and Brussels expect in the coming days ( presumably after COP26 ).

Old report:
https://www.euronews.com/2021/11/05/brexit-eu-warns-of-serious-consequences-if-u

Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs, Simon Coveney is upping the ante now.
https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/1107/1258410-brexit/
Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 08:37 - Nov 9 with 648 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 06:11 - Nov 9 by noggin

And there we have it. It doesn't matter that he's a compulsive liar, a racist and complete failure, he's not Jeremy Corbyn so people will vote for him. Unbelievable.

He’s a bit bland but I wouldn’t describe Starmer as a compulsive liar, racist and complete failure.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 09:10 - Nov 9 with 624 viewsStokieBlue

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 21:44 - Nov 8 by Ewan_Oozami

Thing is, DK, I'm a white, male, over 50, educated, home-owning, middle class boomer, and I'm all for a fairer, more equitable society and I don't really care about increasing my share portfolio (such as it is!) and the value of my house - I know I've been very very lucky, having free Uni education (and even luckier that I dodged the ITA bullet in the 60s!) and the first house I bought was a share with 2 friends from Uni at the age of 30.

Unfortunately I am in the minority amongst my peers, some of whom can't see the irony of saying "why should I pay for x" when they benefitted from exactly that when they were younger, even when pointed out in words of one syllable.....a further irony is that many were anti-Brexit, saying we should stay part of a larger bloc where we can all work together for the common good!

I tend not to discuss politics with them if I can avoid it...

For those who did have to suffer ITA at school, you have my profound sympathies...

https://theliteracyblog.com/2015/05/14/i-t-a-a-great-idea-but-a-dismal-failure/

This is spot on.

Too many people only care about what they get from a certain action or policy and it does tend to get worse as they get older because generally they have more wealth which they feel is a targeted without stopping to consider the wider benefits they might receive.

Totally agree with not discussing politics with some mates, the Guardian was "banned" by one of them from the chat group because he felt it was all made-up nonsense (ie. he didn't agree with it)!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 09:23 - Nov 9 with 582 viewsnoggin

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 08:28 - Nov 9 by Herbivore

He was talking about Starmer in that post rather than Johnson.

Ah, I do apologise.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 10:00 - Nov 9 with 553 viewsDinDjarin

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 11:00 - Nov 9 with 513 viewsStokieBlue

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 09:10 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

This is spot on.

Too many people only care about what they get from a certain action or policy and it does tend to get worse as they get older because generally they have more wealth which they feel is a targeted without stopping to consider the wider benefits they might receive.

Totally agree with not discussing politics with some mates, the Guardian was "banned" by one of them from the chat group because he felt it was all made-up nonsense (ie. he didn't agree with it)!

SB

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/09/at-least-a-quarter-of-tory-mps-

SB

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 11:04 - Nov 9 with 509 viewsEireannach_gorm

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 10:00 - Nov 9 by DinDjarin

The relevance of this clip to the tread escapes me but this is the same Cristian Terhes' so we know his position on Covid-19.

https://www.dw.com/en/echr-rejects-anti-lockdown-case-from-romanian-mep/a-576004
Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 11:05 - Nov 9 with 505 viewsfooters

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 11:00 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/09/at-least-a-quarter-of-tory-mps-

SB

Let's not forget our PM regarded his £250k per year salary from the Torygraph as 'chicken feed'. These people live on another planet to the rest of us. Well, not really but I wish they did.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 11:08 - Nov 9 with 503 viewsStokieBlue

What point are you trying to make?

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 11:28 - Nov 9 with 475 viewsnoggin

What a strange thing to post here.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 11:29 - Nov 9 with 474 viewsStokieBlue

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 11:05 - Nov 9 by footers

Let's not forget our PM regarded his £250k per year salary from the Torygraph as 'chicken feed'. These people live on another planet to the rest of us. Well, not really but I wish they did.

You can console yourself with the thought that if Boris did live on Mars he would be dead pretty sharpish either from freezing or asphyxiation and then his lungs would rupture.

If he was on Venus he would also be asphyxiated as well as crushed by the weight of the atmosphere whilst also burning to death from temperatures hot enough to melt lead.

SB
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 11:30]

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 11:33 - Nov 9 with 463 viewsfooters

Boris renegotiating the Brexit deal on 11:29 - Nov 9 by StokieBlue

You can console yourself with the thought that if Boris did live on Mars he would be dead pretty sharpish either from freezing or asphyxiation and then his lungs would rupture.

If he was on Venus he would also be asphyxiated as well as crushed by the weight of the atmosphere whilst also burning to death from temperatures hot enough to melt lead.

SB
[Post edited 9 Nov 2021 11:30]

Thanks, Stokie! That's cheered me right up!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024