Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? 19:22 - Nov 19 with 2355 viewsMattinLondon

Just been to a rather nice pub for tea and ordered steak and chips..like many places (is so it seems) I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to sweet potato fries. Absolutely not - in a polite way of course.

Who upgrades to that? It’s not even an upgrade. Like saying if I want to upgrade from mayonnaise to salad cream (which is awful stuff).

Just wondered if there are anymore examples of ridiculous upgrades out there?

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 08:43 - Nov 20 with 485 viewsRomeo4

I’m with you 100% on the sweet potato thing but your post loses credibility when you cast aspersions in the direction of salad cream. Wonderful stuff it is.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 08:59 - Nov 20 with 465 viewsMattinLondon

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 08:43 - Nov 20 by Romeo4

I’m with you 100% on the sweet potato thing but your post loses credibility when you cast aspersions in the direction of salad cream. Wonderful stuff it is.

Salad cream is vile.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 09:03 - Nov 20 with 451 viewsellaandred

My dogs have sweet potatoes daily as part of their diet. Don't suppose that helps thou
They aren't fried, by the way!!
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 09:03 - Nov 20 with 451 viewsDecageBruce

Totally agree on Sweet Potato fries and have had this conversation on more than one occasion.

Also, and not that it happens very often, but what is the obsession with Brioche bread accompanying Burgers and Hotdogs? I don’t want sweet bread with my burger
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 09:48 - Nov 20 with 430 viewsclive_baker

Couldn’t agree more. I often find sweet potato fries to be a bit limp, something I don’t like about the texture really, not to mention the fact they’re a downgrade on the taste front.

I don’t have anything against salad cream particularly, although I never have it. I can see it’s place, perhaps with cheese or tuna. It’s surprisingly good with pasta, although I can’t remember the last time I had it.

Mayo is a god tier condiment though, has to be full fat original though, white and fluffy. None of the low fat stuff that looks like jizz

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 12:59 - Nov 20 with 384 viewsmylittletown

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 09:03 - Nov 20 by DecageBruce

Totally agree on Sweet Potato fries and have had this conversation on more than one occasion.

Also, and not that it happens very often, but what is the obsession with Brioche bread accompanying Burgers and Hotdogs? I don’t want sweet bread with my burger

Spot on! Brioche burger buns are disgusting.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 13:22 - Nov 20 with 364 viewsgreyhound

In terms of upgrades... Getting large fries instead of medium in maccys. You get the same quantity I swear. They never fill the large cartons.

Some pizza places as well that do base upgrades. Pizza express I think is one where a vip pizza is basically a standard base rolled out thinner and cooked like a flipping biscuit.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 13:32 - Nov 20 with 362 viewsblueislander

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 08:06 - Nov 20 by hoppy

I was going to, but decided to jacket in.

(S) mashed it as usual Hoppy.
Login to get fewer ads

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 13:39 - Nov 20 with 355 viewshoppy

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 13:32 - Nov 20 by blueislander

(S) mashed it as usual Hoppy.

Thanks, Charlotte.

(Sorry, I know I shouldn’t really use proper names on here)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 13:43 - Nov 20 with 349 viewsblueislander

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 13:39 - Nov 20 by hoppy

Thanks, Charlotte.

(Sorry, I know I shouldn’t really use proper names on here)

It’s OK. I only use that name occasionally . I am usually known as Edward and I am a king.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 14:38 - Nov 20 with 314 viewssolemio

It really is totally amazing that different people have different tastes.
Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 15:43 - Nov 20 with 284 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 23:14 - Nov 19 by MattinLondon

No, I was after a sensible answer..and after reading your first point, I’m still awaiting for one.

No accounting for taste.

They go very well with ham and pineapple pizza.

Especially with Battenberg for desert.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 15:57 - Nov 20 with 273 viewshoppy

Why is sweet potato fries considered an upgrade to normal fries? on 14:38 - Nov 20 by solemio

It really is totally amazing that different people have different tastes.

And that some have no taste, it would appear.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024