Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
pcr testing 20:17 - Nov 19 with 1218 viewstextbackup

If you've had Covid, i'm reading if you do a PCR test shortly after you could produce a positive result, even though you arent transmitting it anymore?
Surely that causes no end of issues when travelling abroad, if a country requires a 72hr negative test result.
anyone had this issue?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

pcr testing on 20:23 - Nov 19 with 1174 viewsStokieBlue

Don't travel abroad just after you've had covid?

It also depends what "had covid" means. If you're producing a positive PCR result you've probably still got covid even if you're getting a negative LFT result.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

pcr testing on 20:28 - Nov 19 with 1149 viewstextbackup

pcr testing on 20:23 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

It also depends what "had covid" means. If you're producing a positive PCR result you've probably still got covid even if you're getting a negative LFT result.

SB

I only as as it came up in conversation today with my mate who is getting married abroad.

A guest flying over has had it in last 3/4 weeks, and sweating on it a bit that the travel pcr test may come back positive (as their previous NHS one did)

i suppose if they gave a gentle rub round the front of the nostril as opposed to a dig right back into the brain, it might not show up, if it still there

pcr testing on 20:30 - Nov 19 with 1121 viewsPinewoodblue

pcr testing on 20:28 - Nov 19 by textbackup

I only as as it came up in conversation today with my mate who is getting married abroad.

A guest flying over has had it in last 3/4 weeks, and sweating on it a bit that the travel pcr test may come back positive (as their previous NHS one did)

i suppose if they gave a gentle rub round the front of the nostril as opposed to a dig right back into the brain, it might not show up, if it still there

Will probably comeback inconclusive and you need to take another one.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

pcr testing on 20:33 - Nov 19 with 1114 viewstextbackup

pcr testing on 20:30 - Nov 19 by Pinewoodblue

Will probably comeback inconclusive and you need to take another one.

would it? i've no idea what the pcr test looks for.

i know when, Mr X we'll call him, travelled back from a holiday in the summer, so he didnt get stuck over there, he just popped the swab in the tube and it came back negative, so couldnt be looking too hard for anything

pcr testing on 20:50 - Nov 19 with 1064 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Mrs SSB had a positive Oct test result 2 weeks after coming out of isolation. This was last December. It’s common apparently.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

pcr testing on 20:54 - Nov 19 with 1044 viewsHerbivore

Had a PCR recently and the guidance said not to do one if you've had Covid in the last 6 weeks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

pcr testing on 21:01 - Nov 19 with 1023 viewstextbackup

pcr testing on 20:54 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

Had a PCR recently and the guidance said not to do one if you've had Covid in the last 6 weeks.

yeah thats what its says on the nhs site. just wondering how stuck you'd be if pre existing holiday plans were in place etc

pcr testing on 21:15 - Nov 19 with 969 viewsHerbivore

pcr testing on 21:01 - Nov 19 by textbackup

yeah thats what its says on the nhs site. just wondering how stuck you'd be if pre existing holiday plans were in place etc

Possibly quite fooked, mate. If you get a positive result you get a positive result, unfortunately.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

pcr testing on 21:22 - Nov 19 with 955 viewstextbackup

pcr testing on 21:15 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

Possibly quite fooked, mate. If you get a positive result you get a positive result, unfortunately.

its not for me anyways fortunately. just a general ask really

pcr testing on 21:25 - Nov 19 with 946 viewsElderGrizzly

pcr testing on 21:22 - Nov 19 by textbackup

its not for me anyways fortunately. just a general ask really

A lot of countries will take proof of having had Covid (and recovered) instead of a PCR for those reasons.
pcr testing on 22:24 - Nov 19 with 821 viewsN2_Blue

pcr testing on 20:23 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

SB

Yo don't need to take a PCR 90 days of having COVID.

Having had COVID, once you are past the quarantine period you are at less risk of transmitting COVID than those that are testing negative but haven't had COVID.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

pcr testing on 22:29 - Nov 19 with 807 viewsNthsuffolkblue

pcr testing on 22:24 - Nov 19 by N2_Blue

Having had COVID, once you are past the quarantine period you are at less risk of transmitting COVID than those that are testing negative but haven't had COVID.

Additionally, there is something about (antibodies or something?) leading to a positive result whilst not actually contagious.

We are not taking lateral flows nor PCRs for 90 days after recovering. A colleague asked what about if we develop symptoms and we were told you should isolate again while symptomatic but you cannot test. With the new variant appearing to have a higher degree of asymptomatic expression, this is probably not great for controlling the spread but I guess it is the best that can be done.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

pcr testing on 22:45 - Nov 19 with 759 viewsFixed_It

pcr testing on 22:24 - Nov 19 by N2_Blue

I have a 'had covid' certificate having had it in September. Am currently abroad just for the weekend visiting family, but to get back to the UK I have to have a Day 2 Antigen Test; no away round it as you have to prove you've purchased one with a code they send you to put on the Passenger Locator Form. And despite me having a shed load of NHS Lateral Flow Tests at home, they aren't allowed to be used. The cynic in me wonders which government ministers are on the payroll of the 'official providers'!!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024