Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? 09:26 - Nov 24 with 1700 viewsZondervansTash

Who would people be happy with as a replacement for Cook? I think now is time for a change but don’t know who is available and a realistic target that would/could do a better job?.. Any thoughts from those more knowledgable?
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:27 - Nov 24 with 1442 viewswkj

Matt Gill by wkj 24 Nov 2021 7:48
I've run out of ideas for who we should get if PC were to go. David Artell was my pick but he's seemed to have sh*t the bed - as others told me he would (fair play)

I can't help but feel Gill would have been worth making the interim manager when Lambert went. He will be a good manager in football one day, maybe if we start looking again we should give him a whirl.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:39 - Nov 24 with 1357 viewspablo_canooga

Don't just assume we would look within these shores. Whilst the last Barnsley manager (who's just been binned) was poor, they've had Stendel, Struber and Valerian recently who, let's be honest, nobody had ever heard of before. I think it's crucial that it's a management TEAM rather than the individual. Lambert/Culverhouse, Cook/Richardson - we need the full package not just bits of it.
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:41 - Nov 24 with 1327 viewsZondervansTash

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:39 - Nov 24 by pablo_canooga

Don't just assume we would look within these shores. Whilst the last Barnsley manager (who's just been binned) was poor, they've had Stendel, Struber and Valerian recently who, let's be honest, nobody had ever heard of before. I think it's crucial that it's a management TEAM rather than the individual. Lambert/Culverhouse, Cook/Richardson - we need the full package not just bits of it.

Agree re: management TEAM.

Maybe Lampard turned down Norwich as he had heard there was a better job coming up here before Christmas…. 🤔🤣
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:41 - Nov 24 with 1322 viewsitfcserbia

How about Derek McInnes?

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? (n/t) on 09:42 - Nov 24 with 1321 viewsAlexitfc2

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 19:29]
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:43 - Nov 24 with 1304 viewsVaughan8

If we are going to change, it needs to be before the transfer window, and preferably a few games before so a new manager can see the players before and decide who he wants etc.

We made this error with Lambert. It was way too late.
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:44 - Nov 24 with 1292 viewsBlueBlood90

I'd love Ryan Lowe if we could get him. Won the league with Bury despite all their issues, then taken Plymouth from League Two to the top end of League One.

However with the way the league table is looking at the moment I doubt he'd be prepared to join us.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:46 - Nov 24 with 1277 viewsCokeIsKey

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:39 - Nov 24 by pablo_canooga

Unfortunately don’t think getting a foreign manager and his team after Brexit will be possible. Barnsley were unable to get any of Schopp’s coaches visas which is partly why Schopp struggled so much.

Definitely still a few promising coaches in the UK though like Liam Manning, Mark Bonner, Michael Flynn.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Login to get fewer ads

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:50 - Nov 24 with 1221 viewsitfcsuth

Liam Manning is doing very well with MK.

Best footballing side I've seen at Portman Road as a League 1 outfit.

Not calling for Cook to leave, but Liam Manning the only name right now that comes to mind in answer to your question.
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:51 - Nov 24 with 1211 viewsStokieBlue

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:44 - Nov 24 by BlueBlood90

I'd love Ryan Lowe if we could get him. Won the league with Bury despite all their issues, then taken Plymouth from League Two to the top end of League One.

However with the way the league table is looking at the moment I doubt he'd be prepared to join us.

Lowe might be an option, this squad should be able to play 352.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:53 - Nov 24 with 1189 viewssidmouthblue

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:27 - Nov 24 by wkj

Matt Gill by wkj 24 Nov 2021 7:48
I've run out of ideas for who we should get if PC were to go. David Artell was my pick but he's seemed to have sh*t the bed - as others told me he would (fair play)

I can't help but feel Gill would have been worth making the interim manager when Lambert went. He will be a good manager in football one day, maybe if we start looking again we should give him a whirl.

Warnock all day long
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:54 - Nov 24 with 1168 viewsITFC_Forever

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:44 - Nov 24 by BlueBlood90

I don't think it's a debate, as I can't see Cook going for a long time yet, but yes, Ryan Lowe would be a great appointment.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:54 - Nov 24 with 1167 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would he take his best mates job?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:55 - Nov 24 with 1156 viewsOldboy

Not a journey man please.
I would go for Rob Edwards at FGR.
Having said that, I really don't know.
I do not want Warnock, Appleton or alike.
Basically I haven't a clue.
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:58 - Nov 24 with 1135 viewsitfcsuth

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:51 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

Lowe might be an option, this squad should be able to play 352.

SB

I have thought that.

Walton
Woolfenden - Edmundson - Burgess
Burns - Evans - Morsy - Penney
S.Fraser
Bonne - Chaplin
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:00 - Nov 24 with 1112 viewsStokieBlue

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:58 - Nov 24 by itfcsuth

I have thought that.

Walton
S.Fraser
Bonne - Chaplin

Donacien for Woolf.

I know we all want him to be good but he simply hasn't shown that he is good on a consistent basis.

Celina for Fraser.
Pigott for Chaplin.
Edwards for Penney.

SB

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:13 - Nov 24 with 1035 viewsBlueBlood90

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:54 - Nov 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would he take his best mates job?

I'm sure Cook knows the drill by now and wouldn't have an issue taking a job if the shoe was on the other foot.

I'd imagine we could easily treble Lowe's Plymouth salary and transfer budget which would be tempting for most but on paper he might feel he's better off where he is at the moment.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:15 - Nov 24 with 1023 viewsWeekender

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:00 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

Donacien for Woolf.

I know we all want him to be good but he simply hasn't shown that he is good on a consistent basis.

Celina for Fraser.
Pigott for Chaplin.
Edwards for Penney.

SB

Slight tweak - Christmas tree formation...

Walton
Burns - Evans - Morsy - Edwards
S.Fraser - Chaplin
Bonne

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:17 - Nov 24 with 995 viewsStokieBlue

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:15 - Nov 24 by Weekender

Slight tweak - Christmas tree formation...

Walton
Burns - Evans - Morsy - Edwards
S.Fraser - Chaplin
Bonne

I honestly don't understand Chaplin and Fraser ahead of Celina. The stats don't really back up that in my opinion and he was the best of the 3 last night.

Fraser has been woeful in that AM position.

SB

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:18 - Nov 24 with 993 viewslazyblue

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 09:58 - Nov 24 by itfcsuth

I have thought that.

Walton
S.Fraser
Bonne - Chaplin

So you would not play Potentially the best striker in league 1
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:20 - Nov 24 with 970 viewsWeekender

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:17 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

I honestly don't understand Chaplin and Fraser ahead of Celina. The stats don't really back up that in my opinion and he was the best of the 3 last night.

Fraser has been woeful in that AM position.

SB

You may be right on that

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:22 - Nov 24 with 958 viewsitfcsuth

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:00 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

Donacien for Woolf.

Celina for Fraser.
Pigott for Chaplin.
Edwards for Penney.

SB

I certainly agree, Woolfenden is no where near good enough.

To be honest, I forgot about Donacien there, and he has good attributes to play the wider CB role, and I have no doubt he would be better than Woolfenden.

Regarding your other changes, not for me, especially Edwards at LWB, that would concern me.
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:25 - Nov 24 with 934 viewsStokieBlue

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:22 - Nov 24 by itfcsuth

I certainly agree, Woolfenden is no where near good enough.

To be honest, I forgot about Donacien there, and he has good attributes to play the wider CB role, and I have no doubt he would be better than Woolfenden.

Regarding your other changes, not for me, especially Edwards at LWB, that would concern me.

Edwards could be a risk but he's actually not that bad defensively and could get back and forward. Would be worth a try I think.

SB

If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:29 - Nov 24 with 910 viewsJackPITFC

Karl Robinson or Ryan Lowe.
If Cook gets the sack which realistic and available managers are there? on 10:35 - Nov 24 with 885 viewsitfcjoe

With the way we recruited in the summer on the playing side who knows what calibre of manager we can get in.

Don't kid yourself though, this is probably one of the best jobs in the EFL at the moment and people will be falling over themselves to get it. Well backed at a well resourced club at it's lowest ebb - the only way is up and the rewards that come with that are quite something.

I still think it will be Michael Appleton if we make a change personally, but could be anyone

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024