Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina 12:35 - Nov 29 with 1933 viewsGarv

Are there still a few thinking he doesn't deserve a starting spot?

We're obviously not at our best right now but with him in your team you always stand a chance of something like that happening. He's frustrating because a lot doesn't come off - mainly because he doesn't often play the simple pass - but it's worth it for the stuff that does.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Celina on 14:50 - Nov 29 with 593 viewsChrisd

Celina on 13:44 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

He's 4 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches after coming back from no preseason and covid. His stats are better than anyone else in that 3 behind the forward even after those issues.

He's getting better in each match, I think that's pretty clear and not surprising given the issues above.

Not really sure what else he can do, the expectations for him seem utterly unrealistic.

Surely he is making a difference? We don't win the Crewe match without that goal.

SB

Is it being unrealistic? Not really. We had enough real good chances to bury Crewe yesterday without Celina’s wonder goal, but it was top drawer no doubt about that. My view will remain different to yours SB. I want to see him performing like he did against Wycombe in games that really matter. For me, he doesn’t. That’s me using my eyes, not relying on stats.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Celina on 14:54 - Nov 29 with 579 viewsHerbivore

Celina on 14:50 - Nov 29 by Chrisd

Is it being unrealistic? Not really. We had enough real good chances to bury Crewe yesterday without Celina’s wonder goal, but it was top drawer no doubt about that. My view will remain different to yours SB. I want to see him performing like he did against Wycombe in games that really matter. For me, he doesn’t. That’s me using my eyes, not relying on stats.

Did the Wycombe game not really matter?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Celina on 14:56 - Nov 29 with 570 viewsSomethingBlue

But nobody put those chances away and instead Celina settled the game with a beauty, so I'm not sure what the point is?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Celina on 14:59 - Nov 29 with 558 viewsChrisd

Celina on 14:54 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

Did the Wycombe game not really matter?

That's exactly my point. There's no doubt he has a lot of ability, but I'd like to see him stamp his authority on games a lot more. It doesn't happened that often in those bigger games. Like I said earlier, when he's good, he's very good other times you're surprised he's even on the pitch.

Celina on 14:59 - Nov 29 with 556 viewsAlanG296

Celina on 14:56 - Nov 29 by SomethingBlue

But nobody put those chances away and instead Celina settled the game with a beauty, so I'm not sure what the point is?

If he scores one like that every game then he'll be worth his place
Celina on 15:00 - Nov 29 with 550 viewsStokieBlue

He's clearly made the difference in a number of matches as per the other SB's post.

Should we ignore all stats now?

SB
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 15:01]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Celina on 15:01 - Nov 29 with 548 viewsHerbivore

Celina on 14:59 - Nov 29 by AlanG296

If he scores one like that every game then he'll be worth his place

What if he only manages it once every two games?

Celina on 15:02 - Nov 29 with 543 viewsAlanG296

Celina on 15:01 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

What if he only manages it once every two games?

Then play him every other game.
Login to get fewer ads

Celina on 15:04 - Nov 29 with 537 viewsChrisd

Celina on 15:00 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

He's clearly made the difference in a number of matches as per the other SB's post.

Should we ignore all stats now?

SB
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 15:01]

If you are implying those stats are impressive for a full international in L1, then I can see where the stumbling block is.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 15:13]

Celina on 15:05 - Nov 29 with 532 viewsHerbivore

Celina on 15:02 - Nov 29 by AlanG296

Then play him every other game.

How do we know which ones to play him in and which ones to drop him for in advance?

Celina on 15:06 - Nov 29 with 524 viewsAlanG296

Celina on 15:05 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

How do we know which ones to play him in and which ones to drop him for in advance?

Ah! That's where you need a good manager to pick the right games to play him in.
Celina on 15:06 - Nov 29 with 523 viewsfooters

Celina on 15:04 - Nov 29 by Chrisd

If you are implying those stats are impressive for a full international in L1, then I can see where the stumbling block is.

So he's the best in his position in this team and yet you don't think he's up to much? Who would you play instead?

And he's a Kosovo international. May as well have caps for Malawi.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Celina on 15:07 - Nov 29 with 517 viewstractorboy1978

4 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches = 14 goals and 11 assists over a full season. I'd take that thanks.
Celina on 15:07 - Nov 29 with 515 viewsHerbivore

Celina on 15:06 - Nov 29 by AlanG296

Ah! That's where you need a good manager to pick the right games to play him in.

Mystic Meg in!

Celina on 15:08 - Nov 29 with 510 viewsStokieBlue

A full international who has had severe covid leading to a heart issue, no preseason and is probably only just getting to the point where he is near full fitness.

Yes, I think they are pretty good.

I think you're failing to consider the context here and we are back to you expecting something that probably isn't realistic.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Celina on 15:11 - Nov 29 with 498 viewsAlanG296

Celina on 15:07 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

Mystic Meg in!

Can she stand at the side of the pitch shouting all game and keep changing her voice while doing the post match presser?
Celina on 15:11 - Nov 29 with 496 viewsfooters

Celina on 15:07 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

Mystic Meg in!

She's not done much in management since that stint at Rushden and Diamonds.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Celina on 15:12 - Nov 29 with 494 viewsChrisd

Celina on 15:08 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

A full international who has had severe covid leading to a heart issue, no preseason and is probably only just getting to the point where he is near full fitness.

Yes, I think they are pretty good.

I think you're failing to consider the context here and we are back to you expecting something that probably isn't realistic.

SB

You've got your opinion about him and I've got mine. Neither of us is going to change their view regardless of endless amount of replies from either of us.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 15:15]

Celina on 15:18 - Nov 29 with 477 viewsChrisd

Celina on 15:07 - Nov 29 by tractorboy1978

4 goals and 3 assists in 13 matches = 14 goals and 11 assists over a full season. I'd take that thanks.

Let's see if those stats match up come the end of the season, if it does wonderful, but we both know football doesn't work like that.

Celina on 18:13 - Nov 29 with 443 viewsHighgateBlue

Celina on 13:07 - Nov 29 by JakeITFC

I don't actually see Edwards as much of a luxury - he works hard, gives us a more balanced shape and is good defensively.

Good defensively and works hard. Excellent - let's swap him with Edmundson or Penney then, because they've each scored more goals than him.

Edwards has zero goals and zero assists - for an attacking player in a team with one up front, that is nowhere near good enough.

There comes a point, given that we're mid-table in the 3rd division, when we have to start looking at the players and considering which of them is not contributing. An attacking player that neither scores nor creates goals is surely the most obvious.
Celina on 18:47 - Nov 29 with 428 viewsJakeITFC

Celina on 18:13 - Nov 29 by HighgateBlue

Good defensively and works hard. Excellent - let's swap him with Edmundson or Penney then, because they've each scored more goals than him.

Edwards has zero goals and zero assists - for an attacking player in a team with one up front, that is nowhere near good enough.

There comes a point, given that we're mid-table in the 3rd division, when we have to start looking at the players and considering which of them is not contributing. An attacking player that neither scores nor creates goals is surely the most obvious.

That all may be true, but that doesn't make him a luxury.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024