Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. 14:10 - Dec 9 with 1652 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I get it. Norwood is not a lot of people's cup of tea.

But I think if you were to ask the players around him, you'd find he's pretty popular amongst them.

His gets people going.

McGreal said, he's a professional who's always excellent on the training pitch and the match day pitch. He gives his all everytime. He never hides. He causes the opposition all sorts of problems...no wonder teammates have a lot of time for him.

He's nothing like the guy in terms of ability, but look at Paolo Di Canio at West Ham. Di Canio was batcrap crazy. He was right wing, bording on fascist. But, he did it on the pitch. Norwood, thank goodness isn't like him mentally. But he's got that different thing that makes him stand out.

When he got played in the U23s you KNEW he'd score. When Downes and Dozzell etc played with the U23s they did nothing and sulked. Better players technically for sure. But Norwood likes to get in your face and prove you wrong. And he does it by scoring goals and running his socks off. Then laughing about it on Twitter.

I can take the twitter if he scores the goals.

And also on how we play. We're soft. He isn't. We hide. He doesn't. We've been totally outsh1thoused by almost every team we've played. He's the emperor of sh1thousery.

I actually wondered the other day with all the performance coaches, fitness coaches, whatevertheeffthey do coaches...we could actually use a sh1thouse coach. Because we're pathetic at it. And as far as I can see, if you can't sh1thouse to a pretty high standard you don't get out of this league.

Now, what's Eric Gates doing these days...

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 14:14 - Dec 9 with 1605 viewsdirtyboy

I'm totally against the drink driving thing, but it's not for us to determine the punishment.

So with that in mind, if he's the best player for the job, then he should play.

As mentioned, there have been much much much worse behaviours from footballers and he's always done his best when playing.

I'm for a second chance.
Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 14:17 - Dec 9 with 1572 viewsGuthrum

It's also interesting that nobody seems to know who (if anybody) actually ruled him out of selection.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 14:19 - Dec 9 with 1545 viewsStokieBlue

Do you ever think about anything else?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 14:36 - Dec 9 with 1462 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 14:19 - Dec 9 by StokieBlue

Do you ever think about anything else?

SB

If it annoys you I can keep doing it?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 14:38 - Dec 9 with 1445 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 14:14 - Dec 9 by dirtyboy

I'm totally against the drink driving thing, but it's not for us to determine the punishment.

So with that in mind, if he's the best player for the job, then he should play.

As mentioned, there have been much much much worse behaviours from footballers and he's always done his best when playing.

I'm for a second chance.

Which drink driving 'thing' - the first one or the second one?
Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 15:29 - Dec 9 with 1314 viewsElephantintheRoom

Yes but like that England cricketer trying to hit the wicket from 10 feet with the Aussie batlessman on his hands and knees - he has a bit of trouble hitting the target

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 15:53 - Dec 9 with 1258 viewsSamWhiteUK

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 15:29 - Dec 9 by ElephantintheRoom

Yes but like that England cricketer trying to hit the wicket from 10 feet with the Aussie batlessman on his hands and knees - he has a bit of trouble hitting the target

He averages a goal every two starts. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 15:53 - Dec 9 with 1252 viewsGarv

This should all be pretty common knowledge, but the general narrative is that he's a bad influence around the place. Luke Chambers is widely viewed as the best embassador of the club from the last decade... they're good mates.

If you're basing it on football alone and assuming he's fit enough, he's our best option up front, especially right now.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 15:58 - Dec 9 with 1235 viewsSouperJim

It's an obvious play for McGreal to stick Nors in and he should do it, if Ashton isn't sh!tting us and he truely is available for selection and it's purely up to the manager.

Norwood is a pain in the @rse, he has everything to prove and nothing to lose. Bonne looks so isolated at the moment, we need to do something different and the "emperor of sh1thousery" giving defenders a hard time certainly wouldn't make us any worse.

I think the bloke is a twit and I don't like much of his antics off the pitch, but if he gives us an edge then I'll happily turn a blind eye.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 16:04 - Dec 9 with 1216 viewsArnieM

I take the point that he’s all but done at this Cl7b now, and I have no idea wh9 exactly sidelined h8m or for what precisely . But if there’s one player that can fire up this team and ruffle a few feathers at this level it’s Norwood.

Or to out it another way, what the hell have we got to lose playing him…and for that matter Pigott and Bonne. Lets bin this 4321 it clearly does not work with these players .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 16:56 - Dec 9 with 1126 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 16:04 - Dec 9 by ArnieM

I take the point that he’s all but done at this Cl7b now, and I have no idea wh9 exactly sidelined h8m or for what precisely . But if there’s one player that can fire up this team and ruffle a few feathers at this level it’s Norwood.

Or to out it another way, what the hell have we got to lose playing him…and for that matter Pigott and Bonne. Lets bin this 4321 it clearly does not work with these players .

We have our dignity to lose and the minds of younger fans who will assume its ok to drink and drive and black-up as long as you score a hattrick on a Sat.

Bantz.
Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 18:41 - Dec 9 with 1028 viewsEireannach_gorm

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 16:56 - Dec 9 by BlueBlueBluex2

We have our dignity to lose and the minds of younger fans who will assume its ok to drink and drive and black-up as long as you score a hattrick on a Sat.

Bantz.

'We have our dignity to lose'

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 19:14 - Dec 9 with 985 viewsbilllm

He will score Saturday,
Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 19:35 - Dec 9 with 954 viewsbrushhand

unlike edwards, norwood generally has an end product and if we still play 3 up top, i'd go with him on the left.
love him or loathe him he has a work ethic on the pitch.
Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 19:54 - Dec 9 with 920 viewsjayessess

I think the "emperor of sh1thousery" stuff is nonsense. He was anonymous in more games than he wasn't, he was a rank average finisher and doesn't excel in any particular area of a striker's game. He never particularly "stood out" for us.

The idea that he'll dramatically improve us is just the usual "absence makes the heart grow fonder" stuff.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 20:02 - Dec 9 with 902 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 16:56 - Dec 9 by BlueBlueBluex2

Bantz.

Really!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. (n/t) on 19:43 - Dec 11 with 572 viewsSamWhiteUK

Interesting point about Norwood and the way we play. on 19:14 - Dec 9 by billlm

He will score Saturday,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024