Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Hayes 12:39 - Dec 12 with 2025 viewsMeltonBlue

I know previously she has said league one clubs are a step down from her level, but I would actually really be intrigued to see how she got on managing at this level with us.
Neil Harris for me seems such a boring appointment, which I really don’t want to see happen,but if they were the two options who would be the preferred in our world of TWTD?

Emma Hayes on 12:40 - Dec 12 with 1996 viewsCokeIsKey

Neil Harris.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Emma Hayes on 12:41 - Dec 12 with 1994 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

She doesn't want to manage in men's football.

And it would be the biggest media circus ever.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Emma Hayes on 12:47 - Dec 12 with 1939 viewsWD19

She talks sense, but (so much so) I was surprised to hear her nearly break down in interview yesterday because Chelsea lost having had to play 3 games in a week against a fully rested Reading.

The pressures of the spotlight would do for her in no time at all. Let her do what she is (successfully) doing.
Emma Hayes on 12:49 - Dec 12 with 1911 viewsleftback

I’m sure she’s a very good coach but in my experience girls can get a bit excitable when there’s a few quid to spend
Emma Hayes on 13:25 - Dec 12 with 1752 viewsVic

Maybe a boring appointment is just what we need! Someone who surprises us with success rather than someone with a reputation who disappoints!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Emma Hayes on 13:38 - Dec 12 with 1717 viewstractorshark

4-0 down after half hour in the one match that mattered last season.
Nothing against her and she talks well but so does Gary Neville and he was a crap manager.
There is still a massive gulf between the men’s and women’s game.
Appointing Hayes would just be a PR stunt.
Emma Hayes on 13:51 - Dec 12 with 1631 viewsOwainG1992

Neil Harris who's had two top 6 league one finishes with Millwall.
Got promoted.
Did alright for the lack of money available in the championship.
Did decent enough in a powder keg environment of Cardiff with a 5th placed finish.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Emma Hayes on 13:56 - Dec 12 with 1590 viewsgiant_stow

She's no Cherrie Lunghi.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Emma Hayes on 14:04 - Dec 12 with 1565 viewsKeaneish

If League One is a step down, what she’s saying is that the women’s PL standard is on a par with men’s Championship level! I think we’re done with the Emma Hayes chat.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Emma Hayes on 14:09 - Dec 12 with 1533 viewsSaigonTractor

Emma Hayes on 12:47 - Dec 12 by WD19

She talks sense, but (so much so) I was surprised to hear her nearly break down in interview yesterday because Chelsea lost having had to play 3 games in a week against a fully rested Reading.

The pressures of the spotlight would do for her in no time at all. Let her do what she is (successfully) doing.

To be fair there are plenty of established men's football managers who have similar reactions to fixture congestion
Emma Hayes on 14:47 - Dec 12 with 1455 viewsBobsthename

Any team in league one would beat Chelsea women.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 17:14]
Emma Hayes on 15:30 - Dec 12 with 1340 viewsDavoIPB

Emma Hayes on 14:47 - Dec 12 by Bobsthename

Any team in league one would beat Chelsea women.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 17:14]

Exactly this so I wouldn't want a manager who is deluded as to the level that they are managing at or their own ability.

Women's football at present cannot compete at almost any level of men's football due to the lack of pace and physicality.
Emma Hayes on 17:12 - Dec 12 with 1187 viewsMattinLondon

Emma Hayes on 14:04 - Dec 12 by Keaneish

If League One is a step down, what she’s saying is that the women’s PL standard is on a par with men’s Championship level! I think we’re done with the Emma Hayes chat.

League One is a much higher level than the WPL.
Emma Hayes on 18:03 - Dec 12 with 1105 viewsstopmoaning

The level of players is just not comparable.

League one in the mens game is massively above the top level in the womens, any pro level of the mens game is.
Emma Hayes on 09:02 - Dec 13 with 737 viewsBlueBlood90

I'd prefer to be intrigued how she did somewhere else rather than us being the guinea pig.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Emma Hayes on 09:12 - Dec 13 with 696 viewsBlueNomad

Emma Hayes on 09:02 - Dec 13 by BlueBlood90

I'd prefer to be intrigued how she did somewhere else rather than us being the guinea pig.

I suspect she hasn’t watched much L1 football!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024