Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? 13:39 - Dec 21 with 5825 viewsCheltenham_Blue

My daughter is accidentally named after Nerys Hughes' character in 'The District Nurse'
and my son is accidentally named after a cop killer.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 14:39 - Dec 22 with 1042 viewsitfc_bucks

My daughter is named Clara.

Around the time she was born, the Doctor's assistant (the lovely Jenna Coleman) was named Clara.

It's actually inspired by the character from the Nutcracker, but try telling people that at the time!
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 17:45 - Dec 22 with 1005 viewsParisBlue

I used to work with a Richard Astley.

He was born a couple of weeks before Rick made it big.

Pretty decent at karaoke but was definitely a Richard, not a Rick (or a Dick).

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 18:09 - Dec 22 with 983 viewsEwan_Oozami

In my family we have had:

A photographer famous in the 60s
Someone who wouldn't come home and also a contemporary comedian
A singer with a famous soul funk band who also sang with Phil Collins
A nondescript British tennis player of the 80s/90s

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 20:10 - Dec 22 with 949 viewsjontysnut

I seem to remember Danny Baker doing something on names that sound like football clubs and Debbie County phoned in.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 20:24 - Dec 22 with 936 viewsArthur_Hayes

I went to school with a Michael Hunt and a Richard Head.

I also remember a news article about some parents who named their son Drew Peacock.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 22:09 - Dec 22 with 915 viewsBluespeed225

I was named after a Lee Majors tv character from before his Steve Austin days, and my cousin is named after Perry masons' assistant!
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 22:23 - Dec 22 with 909 viewsclive_baker

I knew a Wayne King.

And a Holly Wood.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:02 - Dec 23 with 816 viewsazuremerlangus

Not really in line with the OP but I used to work with a bloke who’s surname was D’eath.

His nickname was ‘Sh*tty’

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:36 - Dec 23 with 788 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 18:09 - Dec 22 by Ewan_Oozami

In my family we have had:

A photographer famous in the 60s
Someone who wouldn't come home and also a contemporary comedian
A singer with a famous soul funk band who also sang with Phil Collins
A nondescript British tennis player of the 80s/90s

"Someone who wouldn't come home"

Are you talking about Lassie?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:41 - Dec 23 with 783 viewsRealSlimShady

Went to school with a 'James Dean'

He wasn't a rebel at all though.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:46 - Dec 23 with 778 viewsEwan_Oozami

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:36 - Dec 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

"Someone who wouldn't come home"

Are you talking about Lassie?

I think Lassie did come home in the end...

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:59 - Dec 23 with 772 viewsChurchman

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:31 - Dec 21 by PhilTWTD

I hate Nerys Hughes.

I actually met Nerys Hughes a number of times in the 90s. She was a customer where I worked and was a lovely person.

We actually had a customer called Dick Cheese. We repossessed his house.

This thread is brilliant by the way and makes me grateful to have a boring, if slightly out of fashion, name!
[Post edited 23 Dec 2021 13:05]
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:03 - Dec 23 with 767 viewsPhilTWTD

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:59 - Dec 23 by Churchman

I actually met Nerys Hughes a number of times in the 90s. She was a customer where I worked and was a lovely person.

This thread is brilliant by the way and makes me grateful to have a boring, if slightly out of fashion, name!

I don't really hate her, it's just a reference to a song.

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:07 - Dec 23 with 758 viewsChurchman

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:03 - Dec 23 by PhilTWTD

I don't really hate her, it's just a reference to a song.

Yes, but she’s married to a big Ipswich Town supporter and will be all upset now…..

Ok I made that up.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:15 - Dec 23 with 753 viewsBlueschev

One of our suppliers at work is called Wayne Bruce, everyone in the office refers to him as Man Bat.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 17:15 - Dec 23 with 684 viewsDBaldy

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 12:59 - Dec 23 by Churchman

I reckon Mr Cheese was an attention seeker, otherwise he'd surely call himself Richard?

Unless he also worked for a certain Italian home appliance manufacturer....
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 17:27 - Dec 23 with 672 viewsEwan_Oozami

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 17:15 - Dec 23 by DBaldy

I reckon Mr Cheese was an attention seeker, otherwise he'd surely call himself Richard?

Unless he also worked for a certain Italian home appliance manufacturer....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024